Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

We need 30 AFL quality players minimum. We need 29 more. This isn't the start of building a list.
This is about finding some pieces and adding a lot more quality and find some "super-hunks" .
I don't know about the 29 more. I think this will be a good discussion after we get the full list for 2025. I reckon guessing we need at least 18 more.

I don't know about the 29 more. I think this will be a good discussion after we get the full list for 2025. I reckon guessing we need at least 18 more.
Yeah I realise we'll have a few more, was using that to demonstrate he's not our saviour, and shouldn't be considered that way. Just one of the soldiers on the front line.

Reactions: 1 user
He's a keeper. Reckon he's got more Yellow and Black in his veins than many of his higher profile and higher paid team mates.
Not the finest player in the list but has an attitude that is team first and with some luck and a good run of form could be a very useful and handy contributor.

Reactions: 4 users
In our top 3 for clearances, metres gained, and inside 50's.

Top 5 for disposals.

And he was well below his best. Coming back from more than half a season with a stress fracture.

Not bad for the kid.

But keep laying the boots in.
Below his best hmm.

I would argue very strongly that that was a typical Jack Ross game. If not above average for him. Still it was agame with very little impact.
The pedestrian nature of the mids is a serious problem and he does nothing to help in this.

Below his best hmm.

I would argue very strongly that that was a typical Jack Ross game. If not above average for him. Still it was agame with very little impact.
The pedestrian nature of the mids is a serious problem and he does nothing to help in this.

If he acheives a typical Jack Ross game first game back from a long injury layoff, that bodes quite well for continued improvement.

Anyway, one game to go and then it's holidays and another preseason. Really hope he gets some continuity as he's shown when he does, he's a good contributor.

Reactions: 7 users
What do most of you see when you watch footy? Ross is cleaner by hand and foot than either Hopper and Taranto. Ross gets his hands clear to dispose more often than Hopper and Taranto. Ross has better composure and vision than Hopper and Taranto. Ross hits more targets than Hopper and Taranto. Granted Hopper and Taranto are B grade mids at best but this Ross hatred is bemusing.

Reactions: 3 users
What do most of you see when you watch footy? Ross is cleaner by hand and foot than either Hopper and Taranto. Ross gets his hands clear to dispose more often than Hopper and Taranto. Ross has better composure and vision than Hopper and Taranto. Ross hits more targets than Hopper and Taranto. Granted Hopper and Taranto are B grade mids at best but this Ross hatred is bemusing.

you can mount a decent case that JRoss is better value than JHopp,

But you diminish the case very very significantly suggesting he is near the class of Tarranto

But no doubt he will be a useful soldier, essential even, in the tough battle of the next few seasons

Reactions: 4 users
I like Jack Ross (and his hair) as much as the next guy but some of this latest stuff is crazy. Tarantos worst games are not far from Jacks best games.

Reactions: 1 users
lol what is this garbage

- ross picks of 25m dinkers because he knows the risk is too high otherwise

- he absolutely melts in contest where taranto and hopper at least provide body

- he looks like he has composure but that is because he takes 2.5 hours to make what should be a split-second decision

what is our win-loss with Ross in the team?

he is a VFL cooler and nothing will change on that front

what is our win-loss with Ross in the team?
Ross doesn't play against Port Adelaide in 2019 and we don't win that year's grand final. You might factor that into your calculations or does your goldfish brain not go back that far.

Ross doesn't play against Port Adelaide in 2019 and we don't win that year's grand final. You might factor that into your calculations or does your goldfish brain not go back that far.
thanks Christ he didn't play in any of the flag year finals

187cm frame and should be a contest beast but is actually the opposite

But you diminish the case very very significantly suggesting he is near the class of Tarranto
We have different takes on class Easy. Slow fumbler with zero composure and awful disposal does not reek class to me. Granted Taranto has a tank and has the very valuable skill of knowing where the ball will be but that's about it.

We have different takes on class Easy. Slow fumbler with zero composure and awful disposal does not reek class to me. Granted Taranto has a tank and has the very valuable skill of knowing where the ball will be but that's about it.
pointing to Ross is certainly a choice