Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

Was brilliant in 3 qtrs of vfl footy today. Didn't play the first (where the game was lost).

He is such a classy, composed player. Just turns a scrap into a quality clearance through high percentage ball use. Amazing how much time he had with ball in hand today after 12 weeks off, even considering that its VFL level.

He's a much better midfielder than either Hopper or Taranto.
Found his level eh?

Was brilliant in 3 qtrs of vfl footy today. Didn't play the first (where the game was lost).

He is such a classy, composed player. Just turns a scrap into a quality clearance through high percentage ball use. Amazing how much time he had with ball in hand today after 12 weeks off, even considering that its VFL level.

He's a much better midfielder than either Hopper or Taranto.
Yep. Composed is a very good description.

He looked like a right-footed Scott Pendlebury in VFA company. Except Pendles would have seen and given the handball to set FOS into an open goal. Ross got run down and duffed a kick 20 metres

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
He really showed something this year despite the horrible run with injuries. One of the few that would pick an effective pass into forward 50 instead of the long bomb

I joked a year ago that he could be a future captain - maybe he won't get to that level but if he gets an injury free run who knows.

Sure, today was VFL but to come in and dominate first game after three months out is impressive.

Reactions: 10 users
Unfortunately he does it at VFL level, can't do it with the big boys.
Incorrect, had fantastic games against Saints & Port in 2 of his last 3 games this year as a midfielder before injury. Was teaching some of the big boys a lesson. The injury was unfortunate.

Reactions: 7 users
His career started out great. Copped a nasty injury and then was in the wilderness for s couple of seasons played out of position and always made the scapgoat. Showed a bit earlier this year then copped another injury. Play him onball sometimes as a run with roll and we have a very good player. Not a gun not a match winner but will be a consistent contributor with leadership qualities

Reactions: 4 users
We really missed him this year. Would have cemented the number 1 mid role had he not got injured.

Reactions: 8 users
Love what Ross brings. Really composed and gets possessions.

Some may laugh but I am calling him our next captain.

Reactions: 6 users
We’ve missed him badly this year and have been forced to play Dow . Great game today in the VFL and looked like he hadn’t missed a beat.

Reactions: 3 users
First game back from a long injury lay off n he was simply a level above VFL footy. Done some bloody good work after he came on. Probably might be crazy to throw him straight back up to senior level for the last couple of games. I'd be happy to see him run around n control some mid field game while getting some miles back into his legs.

Reactions: 1 users
Hasn’t had a preseason past 2 years. Just get him through healthy

Reactions: 1 users