Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

A clear sign of where we are at.

Stone cold last.
What would you suggest we do with Ross? Trade him for a draft pick in the 40s and select a junior who is no guarantee to play a single game?
He’s a mature body and has been performing reasonable roles before injury.
We simply can’t delist everyone

Reactions: 19 users
What would you suggest we do with Ross? Trade him for a draft pick in the 40s and select a junior who is no guarantee to play a single game?
He’s a mature body and has been performing reasonable roles before injury.
We simply can’t delist everyone
nothing.

there's clearly a spot for him.

hence 18th.

The posting with two different accounts/characters thing is getting a bit weird.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I like Jack Ross and think he’s a decent player…. good news.

Reactions: 13 users
I've seen this logic thrown around a bit about poor Jack Ross.

'He can't kick'
He goes on to hit target after target under pressure.
'He's too slow'.
Sub 3 second 20 metre sprint.
'He doesn't get it enough'
Starts getting 20 plus disposals after being played in the mid.

'Yeah, well, we'll be no good if he's in the side.'

This is the last refuge of the foundless critic.

It's a rebranded 'We'll never win a premiership with him in the side' myth, so hilariously busted by so many players every year.

He may not ever be a first line mid. But if you don't think Jack Ross could be an excellent, off the bench, bottom 6 player in a premiership side, you just don't like Jack Ross.

My suspicion is he ends up somewhere in the middle of those options.

Reactions: 5 users

'He can't kick'
'He's too slow'.

It's a rebranded 'We'll never win a premiership with him in the side' myth, so hilariously busted by so many players every year.

He may not ever be a first line mid. But if you don't think Jack Ross could be an excellent, off the bench, bottom 6 player in a premiership side, you just don't like Jack Ross.

He won’t be in the next premiership side

Thank Christ

Last edited:

'He can't kick'
'He's too slow'.

Oh cmon, some players you just know will never be premiership players. Shaun Grigg and Bachar Houli are 2 that spring to mind.

Reactions: 3 users
Kane Lambert had some vocal critics early days as well.
Yes, and I am causing trouble I know.

All hyperbole aside, I recognise that Ross could be bottom six in premiership side, but I think our depth will edge him out in the next 2-3 years.

Reactions: 2 users
Oh cmon, some players you just know will never be premiership players. Shaun Grigg and Bachar Houli are 2 that spring to mind.
I don’t understand the “he won’t be a part of the next premiership side”. Who knows when any teams next premiership is? In January last year Was Oleg Markov going to be a part of Collingwoods next premiership team? In 2006 was Shane Crawford going to be a part of Hawthorns next premiership team? In early 2017 was Jacob Townsend going to be a part of Richmond’s next premiership team?

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
I see him as an important player. 23yo, speaks well, I reckon would lead well. Maybe not top 10 B&F but in the next rung IMO. Really liked his games as a genuine mid before he got injured. Composed under pressure. He might not be a contested beast but he's a great ruck rover/follower who links up through the middle. His kicking is not elite but good enough and his handball game is very good.

Reactions: 11 users
Eeeeking out a career when quite a few thought he was gone a year ago… well done to the man

Reactions: 3 users