Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

craig said:
Not only did Pinky Tuscadero crash her bike but she also was a victim of the infamous Malachi Crunch in the Demolition Derby.

Yep, tough days back then.

According to Slowy's final diary report Jack Ross was the standout

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2019-01-25/slowys-qldcamp2019-diary-day-5

"At the conclusion of the session, Damian celebrated that the group had completed their loads successfully and to a really high standard. Jack Ross was a standout".

So we have both Vlossy and Slowy giving Jack a massive wrap over the camp add that to Vlossy saying RCD was best on in Monday's game simulation.

Can't ask for more than that :clap

Reckon ross and dawkins play most of the season. Inside grunt was the area we were lacking so there is room and a need for them.

Harry said:
Reckon ross and dawkins play most of the season. Inside grunt was the area we were lacking so there is room and a need for them.

Yep, plenty of games in the VFL

tigerlove said:
What should we talk about in the meantime?

What happens he stinks it up?

I hope he never plays and we can or think what might have been.

Harry said:
Its the age old question though - who misses out?

We could do with more mid grunt, and Conca is out. But we need to make room for Lynch and i suspect we keep the 3 small forwards. So we cant carry them in the forward pocket.

would be surprised if either plays more than 2 games apiece as I think we will take a long term view to develop the next midfield. especially until they develop more endurance and strength. But that is my guess only.

se7en said:
No, they weren’t all happy days, like the time Pinky Tuscadero crashed her motorcycle, or the night I lost all my money to those card sharks and my dad Tom Bosley had to get it back.

You weren’t complaining when I got you “this” close to Chachi!

For comparison's sake, Jack Bytel yet to get into full training wiht the back. More than likely will miss the entire preseason.

Ross flying.

SCOOP said:
For comparison's sake, Jack Bytel yet to get into full training wiht the back. More than likely will miss the entire preseason.

Ross flying.

Just rehashing a pre-draft article : "afl-draft-underrated-bargains-2018-draft'

Let's hope we hit the jackpot with both Ross & Stack:

http://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/id/25306097/afl-draft-underrated-bargains-2018-draft

"Jack Ross
Position: Inside midfield
Expected draft range: 30-rookie
Why he can make it: Arguably Oakleigh's most consistent draft-eligible talent following the conclusion of the Australian Private School Football season - on an Oakleigh team that includes projected first-round choices Riley Collier-Dawkins and Isaac Quaynor. Ross, who remains one of this year's underappreciated midfielders, is a powerful contested ball-winner who does his best work at stoppages while possessing reliable skills".

Sydney Stack
Position: Inside/outside midfield
Expected draft range: 30-late
Why he can make it: One of this year's most exciting talents, Stack is a one-touch ball-winner at stoppages, winning the ball on the move, using speed and evasion to burst out of stoppages and manoeuvring around opponents with ease. Beyond his ball winning and movement, his skill and composure in traffic set him apart from his peers. Averaging 22 disposals, 11 contested possessions and five clearances during the Under-18 Championships and 14 disposals in the WAFL at League level, Stack is a rare high impact-per-possession player with an established contested side to his game and strong production at all levels of play.

caesar said:
Just rehashing a pre-draft article : "afl-draft-underrated-bargains-2018-draft'

Let's hope we hit the jackpot with both Ross & Stack:

http://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/id/25306097/afl-draft-underrated-bargains-2018-draft

"Jack Ross
Position: Inside midfield
Expected draft range: 30-rookie
Why he can make it: Arguably Oakleigh's most consistent draft-eligible talent following the conclusion of the Australian Private School Football season - on an Oakleigh team that includes projected first-round choices Riley Collier-Dawkins and Isaac Quaynor. Ross, who remains one of this year's underappreciated midfielders, is a powerful contested ball-winner who does his best work at stoppages while possessing reliable skills".

Sydney Stack
Position: Inside/outside midfield
Expected draft range: 30-late
Why he can make it: One of this year's most exciting talents, Stack is a one-touch ball-winner at stoppages, winning the ball on the move, using speed and evasion to burst out of stoppages and manoeuvring around opponents with ease. Beyond his ball winning and movement, his skill and composure in traffic set him apart from his peers. Averaging 22 disposals, 11 contested possessions and five clearances during the Under-18 Championships and 14 disposals in the WAFL at League level, Stack is a rare high impact-per-possession player with an established contested side to his game and strong production at all levels of play.

Knightmare is also a massive massive fan of Riley Collier-Dawkins and believes he was the bargain of the 1st round and Richmond killed it , Was also very criticle of carltons decision to select stoker with #19

SCOOP said:

Ross flying.

To be expected, I don't think Bytel will play a senior game this year. In any case, good news with Ross, happy that things are going well.

tigerdell said:
Its the age old question though - who misses out?

We could do with more mid grunt, and Conca is out. But we need to make room for Lynch and i suspect we keep the 3 small forwards. So we cant carry them in the forward pocket.

would be surprised if either plays more than 2 games apiece as I think we will take a long term view to develop the next midfield. especially until they develop more endurance and strength. But that is my guess only.

I'll be surprised if Ross doesn't get a lot more than 2 games. He looks ripe. Hopefully a similar path as Higgins last year.

im very excited with the quality of our youth,its like we have been finishing bottom 6 so have several talented earlish picks coming through, rioli,higgins,butler,garthwaite,balta,coleman-jones,naish,ross, bolton, baker,stack,collier-dawkins,markov,graham,callum moore,all have real talent and we have the nucleaus of our future team allready,add maurice junior and our future looks exciting, GO TIGERS.

For those who were peeved we missed out Jack Bytel before picking Ross, Bytel will miss a fair chunk now as he is due to have back surgery.