Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

His attitude and intent is what i like he doesnt have to be the most silky skilled, hes a combative footballer with ticker and attitude, they are the guys that get stuck in and win finals games.

With he and Graham and the Hyphen we are putting some serious business into our future midfield and leadership.

Not to mention the likelihood of both Dan and Maurice Jnr also .......................... delicious.

With Conca and C Ellis leaving, and discussions on the B Ellis thread about him likely being squeezed out this year, I'm so glad we seem to have drafted well recently. (Floss the honourable exception in the drafts of the early teens, and Bolton the great unknown of the recent years.)

I'm a huge Jack Ross fan, and that write up on his is entirely correct in regards to him being the most consistent player at Oakleigh, even when the team had everybody back from school/rep footy.

He is a bull. Relentless at the contest. Will definitely endear himself to the tiger faithful if he gets games, but also matches that with good skills. Pure footballer.

D85 said:
I'm a huge Jack Ross fan, and that write up on his is entirely correct in regards to him being the most consistent player at Oakleigh, even when the team had everybody back from school/rep footy.

He is a bull. Relentless at the contest. Will definitely endear himself to the tiger faithful if he gets games, but also matches that with good skills. Pure footballer.

Major knock on him D85? I've heard running ability. Anyone know if he did State Testing and where his deficiencies lay?
We all know he hadn't completed a preseason in two years, through injury, so assume they maybe felt he's injury prone?
He just looks far to good to feature so late in the draft

Harry said:
What were his combine results?

Didnt test at the National Combine. Not invited possibly through being dropped from Vic Metro through injury related form.
Invited to State Combine and recorded 2.95 seconds for 20m which makes him legitimately fast.
Must be endurance issues.

Just doesn't seem to add up how he slid so far down. I know he didn't play for Metro and had limited form to go by, but by all accounts he is training the house down and making quite an impression.

That's the trouble with pre season.
All the newbies are training the house down n starring in practice drills, problem is though it doesn't even make them March champions. Let alone good players. Think I might just kick back a tad n enjoy the fact we've performed fairly well the last couple of years with our " existing " senior players and the newbies will have to perform seriously well if they want to dislodge an incumbent.

TigerMasochist said:
That's the trouble with pre season.
All the newbies are training the house down n starring in practice drills, problem is though it doesn't even make them March champions. Let alone good players. Think I might just kick back a tad n enjoy the fact we've performed fairly well the last couple of years with our " existing " senior players and the newbies will have to perform seriously well if they want to dislodge an incumbent.
Far too sensible for a footy forum ;D

lennon ,corey ellis, and all of our early picks in 2004 apart from lids never killed it in intra clubs as i remember, impressing from day 1 was cotch,martin,richo,and in my eyes rance was always going to be a gun,love quick agile talls who will go through brick walls.

jokershoppe said:
lennon ,corey ellis, and all of our early picks in 2004 apart from lids never killed it in intra clubs as i remember, impressing from day 1 was cotch,martin,richo,and in my eyes rance was always going to be a gun,love quick agile talls who will go through brick walls.

Ottens tried it with a garden stake. :eek:

TigerFlag2017 said:
Far too sensible for a footy forum ;D
Yep. Probably need to go and stand in the corner for a week or two n shut the *smile* up if I can't contribute anything over the top enthusiastic n exuberant during pre season.

Dont Argue said:
Didnt test at the National Combine. Not invited possibly through being dropped from Vic Metro through injury related form.
Invited to State Combine and recorded 2.95 seconds for 20m which makes him legitimately fast.
Must be endurance issues.

Jack got shafted in Vic Metro for some reason despite being dominant in TAC and APS. Heard about some of his footy issues but they were more of a mindset thing than a lack of skill or athleticism.
I don’t know his numbers but his endurance testing was really good at the state combine with his 2km tt and yo-yo times right up there with the top midfielders.

A little of him from the RFC web site players profiles.

A big-bodied midfielder who won the Oakleigh Chargers’ best and fairest last year from just 12 games after missing out on Vic Metro selection despite captaining the side at under-16 level. Has the explosiveness to shrug tackles and burst through stoppages, with his handy size making him a readymade AFL prospect in a physical sense, with contested football his forte.

graystar1 said:
A little of him from the RFC web site players profiles.

A big-bodied midfielder who won the Oakleigh Chargers’ best and fairest last year from just 12 games after missing out on Vic Metro selection despite captaining the side at under-16 level. Has the explosiveness to shrug tackles and burst through stoppages, with his handy size making him a readymade AFL prospect in a physical sense, with contested football his forte.

Sounds good, but seriously how many times have you read something similiar for the kid to turn out a Lennon?
Pettifer’s write up was he was born for ‘leadership’ :rofl

zippadeee said:
Sounds good, but seriously how many times have you read something similiar for the kid to turn out a Lennon?
Pettifer’s write up was he was born for ‘leadership’ :rofl

Ross is no Lennon. One loves to get in and under and get his hands dirty. The other loved to play outside receiver and not get too physical.

tigerlove said:
Ross is no Lennon. One loves to get in and under and get his hands dirty. The other loved to play outside receiver and not get too physical.

Yep.

I recently was looking at the Tac Grandfinal stats, Ross had 19 possessions including 15 handballs, there would've been a fair bit of in and under work by Jack in those stats.