Is Jack Riewoldt too lazy and arrogant to become a gun ?? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Is Jack Riewoldt too lazy and arrogant to become a gun ??

agreed great game. If keeps up his defensive pressure and puts a little more bulk on he will be elite. Stay team focused jack !

Great game by Jack today. Fantastic contested marking and tackling.

If he can get rid of the undisciplined show pony stuff that creeps in to his game on occasions he'll be all the better for it.

puregreen said:
Maybe he could show young Rance how to hang onto the ball - he had 3 or 4 sitters!

Rance is hopeless. Can't even take uncontested marks. How our recruiters ever deemed him worthy of a top 20 pick is a real worry.

Ridley said:
Rance is hopeless. Can't even take uncontested marks. How our recruiters ever deemed him worthy of a top 20 pick is a real worry.

Rance (and Selwood) were two players our recruiters publically said were "no chance" of dropping to Pick 18.

With this in mind, it's possible we didn't research him as thoroughly as the "likely" players we had in mind, which isn't a terrible thing to do considering we didn't have much resources. It seems like a case of everyone else rates him a definate top pick, so he must be good.

I think most agree that he has prodigous talent, but the team aspects of his game were not always so on display.

Calls for him to go back to Coburg (I for one) were mainly wanting to 'send a message' not just to Jack but to anyone playing inthe forward line. You 've got to chase, keep your feet, not go to ground, not just go for the specky, tackle, tackle, chase, tackle.

Ridley said:
Great game by Jack today. Fantastic contested marking and tackling.

If he can get rid of the undisciplined show pony stuff that creeps in to his game on occasions he'll be all the better for it.
I agree he should always be playing team football, but sometimes you need to just let someone who has a natural confidence to take the game on. That's what makes a match winner.

LidsBling&Cotch said:
when jack starts getting good service he'll be a superstar

If he got to play against the Hawks back-line every week he could kick a 100 in a year

Fighting Fury said:
I think most agree that he has prodigous talent, but the team aspects of his game were not always so on display.

Calls for him to go back to Coburg (I for one) were mainly wanting to 'send a message' not just to Jack but to anyone playing inthe forward line. You 've got to chase, keep your feet, not go to ground, not just go for the specky, tackle, tackle, chase, tackle.

Agree with all that FF, but you don't have to send an obvious talent back - there is such a thing as direction and coaching, and clearly that is coming from the footy department.

Jack also talks up the game in the game - which is why he should be our next Captain! (......once he lifts his worst game to be at least competitive)

19 goals for the year, sitting in the top 10 for the Coleman. What is most astounding, 36 tackles! No other key forward comes close with Josh Kennedy on 20. People forget this guy is a 4th year key forward. Will be a star.

The Cotch said:
19 goals for the year, sitting in the top 10 for the Coleman. What is most astounding, 36 tackles! No other key forward comes close with Josh Kennedy on 20. People forget this guy is a 4th year key forward. Will be a star.

Nice spot-up Cotch :clap

bowden4president said:
How good was the contested mark when the game was on the line.

Massive game for Jack.

That was a 10/10. Franklin would never ever have gotten near that mark.

bowden4president said:
How good was the contested mark when the game was on the line.

Massive game for Jack.

my word it was a great mark just powerful, its like he was anointing himself to be the match winner and almost was...

That mark he took on the wing was a beauty also...

AstuteTiger said:
my word it was a great mark just powerful, its like he was anointing himself to be the match winner and almost was...

That mark he took on the wing was a beauty also...

that mark on the wing was awesome. didn't see the reply but in real time felt like mark of the year quality. would love to see it again

hopefully today marks a bit of a turnaround

Jack always WANTS the ball. :clap
He has the right DNA for a successful AFL Footballer.

Fighting Fury said:

No Idea about football.

Jack was the best tall forward on the day. Always seemed triple-manned yet still was too good, while Buddy and Jughead probably came out evens with their opponents - maybe Thursfield in front.

with jack polak rance and when angus comming in fowardline i thought jack would go into he's shell clealry i was wrong he dosent have a shell

brillant game form jack today :clap