Is Jack Riewoldt too lazy and arrogant to become a gun ?? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Is Jack Riewoldt too lazy and arrogant to become a gun ??

IanG said:
7 tackles :clap

Tremendous game from Jack. Thought he was sensational yesterday.

No doubt given a swift kick to the pants for his effort a couple of weeks ago.
Has responded in the best possible way.

Hardwick will have directed some of his post match comments Jack's way also.
Looking now for consistency.

Tigers of Old said:
Tremendous game from Jack. Thought he was sensational yesterday.

No doubt given a swift kick to the pants for his effort a couple of weeks ago.
Has responded in the best possible way.

Hardwick will have directed some of his post match comments Jack's way also.
Looking now for consistency.

Exactly ToO, Some consistency needs to follow this performance, bringing it out once or twice a year isn't good enough.

tigertim said:
Exactly ToO, Some consistency needs to follow this performance, bringing it out once or twice a year isn't good enough.

Jack has scored 2 goals a game in every game this year bar one.

Pretty consistent for a 21yo KPF in my opinion.

tigertim said:

What eaxctly are you and Oldie smoking.

Jack has been terrific all year. No assistance - playing in a side that (a) cant get it inside 50 and (b) when they do they kick to his opponent. Has made more tackles than any other key forward - working hard - taking marks - kicking goals.

I went yesterday not expecting much but watching Foley, Cotchin, Martin and Jack was the small comfort/luxury I consoled myself with. Everything else was a bonus.

Agree. Jack has been a highlight this year. On target for 50 goals plus, a good effort for a KP 21yo doing most of it on his own. Also is averaging 4.5 tackles a game, almost double last year, so its a focus area that they've obviously addressed.

rockstar_tiger said:
Jack has scored 2 goals a game in every game this year bar one.

Pretty consistent for a 21yo KPF in my opinion.

If thats your criteria for consistency then thats fair enough.

tigertim said:
If thats your criteria for consistency then thats fair enough.

2 goals a game equates to 44 goals for the year (I reckon he will kick 50). That not good enough for a 21 year old KPF? That's some crazy expectations you have...

JAAAAAACCCK!!!!!!!!! You beauty!
Been wrapt in this kids talent since the first time I watched him play against Box Hill on Anzac day in his first season.
We ever get some decent delivery into our forward line and a half decent second forward to give him a bit of a chopout occaisionally we won't even miss the old Richoman :-[ :eek:. Well maybe a slight exageration :angel: but young Jaaaaacccck has plenty going for him.

Barnzy said:
2 goals a game equates to 44 goals for the year (I reckon he will kick 50). That not good enough for a 21 year old KPF? That's some crazy expectations you have...

Hold on , I said that if the criteria is 2 goals a game then thats fair enough!

First game I've seen under Hardwick, Jack played outstanding football the whole game. 4 goals was a damn good effort, the mark he took against 3 opponents was a classic. Jack is the least of our worries, the turnovers (Edwards, amongst others), poor decision making (players kicking the ball into the forward pockets, when an open goal was there for the taking, those sort of issues need to be addressed. Whilst we won the clearances well and truly we got hammered in hit outs another area of concern. Whilst players tackled extremely well, they also need to shepherd their fellow players a hell of a lot more. Tambling to me is a worry, I just don't know if he's got it, made some errors, did some good stuff, consistency seems to be his issue. As for Jack, if he keeps going the way he's going, then we have one KPF, still leaves us very short in that area. Rance is not a FF, nor is Angus Graham (however his height and marking helped us yesterday up forward). We need another KPF, Post (big maybe), so that means Goudis or Griffiths will have to have a crack later this year. Finally our kick out after a point has been scored is absolutely woeful, sideways into the deep pockets is not the only option. Newman gets 10 metres in the square and if he ran straight out and kicked a torpedo or torpedo punt (those kicking styles seem to have completely disappeared from AFL), then the ball would be well up the centre corridor, not to mention it would stop this persistent habit of kicking sideways and/or backwards in the defensive 50. The Tigers defensively need to mix up their kick in options, they are way too predictable in this area. Kick it 70 metres up the guts, have a couple of quick's and a tall sitting there, with a forward still inside the forward 50, get possession, bang it forward surely you would have to score a goal, when the defenders are all outside the defensive 50 arc. It would have been nice to win the game, but losing by 3 points as opposed to some of the thrashings of late, one cannot complain too much.

Smoking Aces said:
I believe out of contract at the end of this year.

http://www.puntroadend.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=36159.0

Must sign him ASAP!

jacks barely past boy stage in a teribble side, getting all the attention, look at hawkins stats , no better or worse in a great side, getting more oportunity, a worse opponent, and so much higher quality ball delivery