Hawx delist Thorp with a year to go under contract. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Hawx delist Thorp with a year to go under contract.

Spanish Prisoner said:
Why did you say that? What was wrong with my comment?

You can continue to praise mediocrity, I want RFC to improve. because what is happening now is unacceptable!

mate you lost us with your Carlton love fest - no true Tiger loves the Blues

Tiger74 said:
mate you lost us with your Carlton love fest - no true Tiger loves the Blues

;D

No true supporter who doesnt barrack for Carlscum, like Carlscum.

Has to be the easiest decision draft wise we will make this year, if DH says take him with pick 2 in the PSD, well we take him , supertalent, big body can play anywhere and DH will know if his body is up to it or not....easy 8)

Spanish Prisoner said:
Why did you say that? What was wrong with my comment?

You can continue to praise mediocrity, I want RFC to improve. because what is happening now is unacceptable!

Great call Ian G - Turdbo Tiger had this ridiculous "knack" of trying to be an earnest and honest fan, yet in reality was a regular espouser of veiled criticism of the Tiges... We all know the Tigers have been damn ordinary over the last 3 decades, but please spare us the loaded statements.... Turdbo was basically a semi articulate Year 10 - nothing more nothing less...
At leat Scabman and Kev hold their own in terms of argument and legitimacy.

CC TIGER said:
Has to be the easiest decision draft wise we will make this year, if DH says take him with pick 2 in the PSD, well we take him , supertalent, big body can play anywhere and DH will know if his body is up to it or not....easy 8)

A talented junior maybe, but he has done nothing for 3 seasons, not at Box Hill or in the seniors. His body is underdeveloped and he lacks agility, one man's trash is very rarely another man's treasure (especially where Richmond are concerned).

Tigers of Old said:
Thorp? What did he say Freeze?

KB and Denham were discussing various players and KB asked if Denham thought there'd be much interest in Thorpe from other clubs. Denham replied pretty quickly that he thought not.

Freezer said:
KB and Denham were discussing various players and KB asked if Denham thought there'd be much interest in Thorpe from other clubs. Denham replied pretty quickly that he thought not.
At least 4 clubs have met with his management since the delisting.

CC TIGER said:

I could live with Thorp.

I want us to uncover a 21/22 year old ruckman from somewhere too

CyberKev said:
You have zero idea on this one.

Not only do you have zero knowledge of what the Hawk administration did or did not know about Hay's depression, you clearly have zero knowledge of the legal system and laws regarding the disclosure of mental health conditions to third parties.

Hawthorn never announced Thompson's depression, assuming they knew of it, because they were legally precluded from doing so. He announced it publicly, as he was within his rights to, and it didn't scare North off one iota. Hawthorn was no more able to announce Hay's condition (assuming they knew of it), and he didn't choose to go public with it until the wheels had fallen off at North (and that was also his right to announce, or not announce, as he saw fit).

More understandable is that you clearly have zero knowledge of Hay's manager hammering Hawthorn for a contract extension and using the threat of shopping him around to try and force the club's hand. But, of course, it was Hawthorn who set up the clandestine meeting between Laidley and Hay at which Laidels got his permanent hard-on for Hay. ::)

In short, if you have zero idea on an issue, best not to make trivial comments.

As I said Kev. You attempt to defend the indefensible. You look like a fool and you clearly have no real world experience with people who suffer depression. Your blather is monotonous and verbose; you appear to like the sound of your own typing and it is just guesswork - red or black?

cagedtiger said:
As I said Kev. You attempt to defend the indefensible. You look like a fool and you clearly have no real world experience with people who suffer depression. Your blather is monotonous and verbose; you appear to like the sound of your own typing and it is just guesswork - red or black?
So you think that we either shouldn't have traded Hay, as per his wish, or we should have traded him but gone against his wishes and told North he suffered from depression?
Which one is it?

But of course, if we did either of those things, you'd commend us, right? ::)

theScabman said:
So you think that we either shouldn't have traded Hay, as per his wish, or we should have traded him but gone against his wishes and told North he suffered from depression?
Which one is it?

But of course, if we did either of those things, you'd commend us, right? ::)

Actually, you should have delisted him and allowed North to pick him up in the PSD for nothing. He was damaged goods and hiding it long enough to extract maximum compensation is one of the reasons why Hawthorn have earned their poor rep. It is not a good look.

TOT70 said:
Actually, you should have delisted him and allowed North to pick him up in the PSD for nothing. He was damaged goods and hiding it long enough to extract maximum compensation is one of the reasons why Hawthorn have earned their poor rep. It is not a good look.

Good post Tottie.

The way Hawks treated Hay and North was reprehensible - full stop.

North was duped and an ill man was exploited for Hawks benefit.

No amount of weasel words can change the nature of what actually happened.

lamb22 said:
The way Hawks treated Hay and North was reprehensible - full stop.

North was duped and an ill man was exploited for Hawks benefit.

No amount of weasel words can change the nature of what actually happened.
Agreed 100%

CC TIGER said:
CC is this the player you were referring to with regards to Hardwick eyeing off a current Hawthorn player for the PSD?

Can someone tell me what Thorp's strengths were as a junior?

Was he quick, skilful, agile, good mark etc?