Hawx delist Thorp with a year to go under contract. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Hawx delist Thorp with a year to go under contract.

LOL.

In the article today about him and Selwood he told Harley in a VFL match "I'm going to end your career today"

What a tosser.

Motown said:
Everything.

Just ask him.

Funny enough that was the same response from Hawk supporters three weeks ago.

Funny how things change.

I tell ya, Hawks supporters have their heads up their arse more than most sets of fans.

IrockZ said:
LOL.

In the article today about him and Selwood he told Harley in a VFL match "I'm going to end your career today"

What a tosser.
He did proceed to kick 7 goals on him in that match

Tigerbob said:
Funny enough that was the same response from Hawk supporters three weeks ago.
I appear to have eluded this Borg-like hive-mind that you seem to think afflicts us. Must've missed too many meetings.

Motown said:
I appear to have eluded this Borg-like hive-mind that you seem to think afflicts us. Must've missed too many meetings.

As I said, head to far up one's own arse.

Find the Hay talk quite laughable, if Craig Cameron had off loaded Cleve Hughes off too a club for a first round pick everyone would be talking about what a great job he did and how it was the right thing for the club to do by give a troubled young man a chance to continue his AFL life.

Reeks of loser talk and trying to drag other clubs down.

SCOOP said:
Find the Hay talk quite laughable, if Craig Cameron had off loaded Cleve Hughes off too a club for a first round pick everyone would be talking about what a great job he did and how it was the right thing for the club to do by give a troubled young man a chance to continue his AFL life.

Reeks of loser talk and trying to drag other clubs down.

Well morally I would be against it if I knew young Cleve had a disease and didn't disclose it to the other club.

That's just me though, and I obviously differ from other peoples thoughts.

I wouldn't call it loser talk either.

Tigerbob said:
Well morally I would be against it if I knew young Cleve had a disease and didn't disclose it to the other club.

That's just me though, and I obviously differ from other peoples thoughts.

I wouldn't call it loser talk either.

But would you rip into the club and call them immoral?

Or would you be lauding Craig Cameron as a shrewd operator and roll out the old buyer beware clause?

I think I know what many would be doing.

theScabman said:
So you think that we either shouldn't have traded Hay, as per his wish, or we should have traded him but gone against his wishes and told North he suffered from depression?
Which one is it?

But of course, if we did either of those things, you'd commend us, right? ::)

That's easy Hawthorn should simply have been transparent about the situation. It doesn't surprise me though you don't get that. Hawthorn passed off damaged goods as in perfect working condition. If they were honest North would never have picked up Hay, and Hay would never have gone down a path that was doomed with failure from the outset.

SCOOP said:

Or would you be lauding Craig Cameron as a shrewd operator and roll out the old buyer beware clause?

I am not like many obviously.

I would harbor grave concerns if my club acted in such a way.

I am big on integrity and that act lacks any of that.

SCOOP said:

I'll break it down to layman's terms Scooper.
There's a reason folks look for positive feedback on ebay sales.
What those inside a business think doesn't matter so much.

Tigerbob said:

Agreed, I'd be critical of CC if he did it.

Trying to defend Hawthorn on the Hay trade?
Really?

During hours of negotiation, what exactly do you think Pelchin was saying to North to get the deal over the line?

"Cmon mate, we won't accept any less than a 1st AND 2nd rounder, we're talking about an AA CHB smack in his prime. He has 5-6 years of quality service guaranteed, you'll need to offer more than that".

You'd have to be either naive or stupid to believe Hawthorn didn't screw North. What other clubs think about Pelchin was pretty transparent during the last trade week.

TigerFurious said:
Can someone tell me what Thorp's strengths were as a junior?

Was he quick, skilful, agile, good mark etc?
As a Tasmanian he had 2 very good heads on his shoulders ;D

Tigerbob said:

Fair enough Bobby but juse wondering if that is the case why you didn't come forward and put it out in the public domain that you hoped that the club woudn't try to off load Hughes because of his issues which are too far away from the Hay issues?

Reeks of double standards on PRE.

SCOOP said:
Fair enough Bobby but juse wondering if that is the case why you didn't come forward and put it out in the public domain that you hoped that the club woudn't try to off load Hughes because of his issues which are too far away from the Hay issues?

Reeks of double standards on PRE.

I don't know that they did try and offload him and wouldn't think me coming out on an internet forum about a persons personal problems would be right.

Really not my place to come out and blabber Cleve Hughes' issues now is it?

If we did trade him, after the fact, you would have my word I would of let the club know my issues.