Hawx delist Thorp with a year to go under contract. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Hawx delist Thorp with a year to go under contract.

It's the classic PSD toss up. Take a mature guy with issues or try a kid no one wanted.

Hope we go tall either way after picking a couple of absolute midgets with our last couple of picks.

Disco08 said:
It's the classic PSD toss up. Take a mature guy with issues or try a kid no one wanted.

Hope we go tall either way after picking a couple of absolute midgets with our last couple of picks.

We are certainly badly in need of nippy quick players at either end Disco.

Whether the guys we drafted make it or not time will tell.

Yeah, not unhappy as such about those picks Leysy although I do reckon that Webberly and Nason (or at least one of them) might have been better suited as rookie picks.

I see that Mitch " Headlongwayupanus" Thorpe has been going well in the VFL, would think would have to be a chance to be picked up again

i was thinking where has this guy been hiding?
what team is hev playing for?
any stats?

the only time he will be considered a true chance of getting back into the AFL, he needs to stand up for at least 90% of the season, he has a really bad history of long term injuries. but would be a very handly half forward flanker.
dimma would know alot about him! just wait and see..

zippadeee said:
the only time he will be considered a true chance of getting back into the AFL, he needs to stand up for at least 90% of the season, he has a really bad history of long term injuries. but would be a very handly half forward flanker.
dimma would know alot about him! just wait and see..

He's 194 cms, more of a key position ?

If DH didn't pick Thorp up last season I don't see him picking him up this season. He would've seen a lot of him at Hawthorn, from all of what you hear it sounds like he has a terrible attitude towards his footy. Might be picked up by another club though if he keeps performing.

not too many top 10 picks have been cut from the system recently

Thorp 2006
Egan at Collingwood 2004
Kate Tenace and Ryley Dunn from 2003

so clubs are either getting it right (if just a little muddled) at the sharp end... or just reluctant to cut anyone taken early

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_drafts?year=2004&t=N&s=P

DirtyDogTiger said:
not too many top 10 picks have been cut from the system recently

Thorp 2006
Egan at Collingwood 2004
Kate Tenace and Ryley Dunn from 2003

so clubs are either getting it right (if just a little muddled) at the sharp end... or just reluctant to cut anyone taken early

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_drafts?year=2004&t=N&s=P

Your missing one, Jarrad Oakley-Nicholls, pick 8, 2005 :-X

Still love throwing Mitch Thorpe's name back at some of my Hawthorn mates when they keep wanking on about the whole Tambling over Franklin pick.

Hmmmm let me think back to the 2006 draft.....M.Thorp at no.6 and J.Riewoldt at no.13 if my memory serves me correctly. :hihi

Panthera Tigris said:
Still love throwing Mitch Thorpe's name back at some of my Hawthorn mates when they keep wanking on about the whole Tambling over Franklin pick.

Hmmmm let me think back to the 2006 draft.....M.Thorp at no.6 and J.Riewoldt at no.13 if my memory serves me correctly :hihi

More like Thorpe at 6 and Selwood at 7.
Mind you we missed on Pavlich, Franklin and Clarke. :'(