Hand it over Jobe Watson, Cotchy is the 2012 Brownlow medalist! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Hand it over Jobe Watson, Cotchy is the 2012 Brownlow medalist!

CarnTheTiges said:
It was a steroid, but from what I remember him saying about it, it had a similar effect to what people have attributed to TB4.
Same effect. Suspension from playing and a question on the futures of all. Silly boys.

While we look at Jobe Watson's Brownlow medal, maybe we should also be looking at James Hird and Shane Woewodin's as well considering their association with Shane Charters at the time of their wins.

I wouldn't be surprised if his business card reads: Shane "Charlie" Charters!

frickenel said:
While we look at Jobe Watson's Brownlow medal, maybe we should also be looking at James Hird and Shane Woewodin's as well considering their association with Shane Charters at the time of their wins.

I wouldn't be surprised if his business card reads: Shane "Charlie" Charters!
You been nappin lately frick? Didn't really take ya that long to think along those lines did it?

Fighting Fury said:
Quality scientific evidence is lacking on what TB4 actually does but the thinking is that it promotes cell proliferation and replenishment of blood...allows quicker/more complete recovery from heavier training, enabling a larger training load, increasing blood function (eg oxygen capacity and movement/supply).

And if people have the time to read this article, THIS is an example of what could happen when healthy males volunteer for a first-in-human trial of a reagent that has been extensively tested in animals with no apparent side effects... 1 guy brain-dead and 4 others with permanent neurological disability... unpredictable and of huge impact.

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2016/01/what-we-know-so-far-about-clinical-trial-disaster-france?utm_campaign=email-news-latest&et_rid=17047391&et_cid=214103

TigerMasochist said:
You been nappin lately frick? Didn't really take ya that long to think along those lines did it?

Na not really, i didnt know about the Essendon drug saga until a few days ago. Why has the media kept it so quiet for so long? i smell a conspiracy! ;D

It's Jobe's medal: former AFL lawyer

"If any real sense is to surface through this mishmash of allegations and counter-allegations, the AFL Commission must — as it is perfectly entitled to do — prefer the decision of the AFL anti-doping tribunal for the purpose of determining if it should retrospectively interfere in the awarding the game’s highest individual honour."

(paywalled) http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/jeffrey-browne-says-jobe-watson-should-be-allowed-to-keep-his-2012-brownlow-medal/news-story/aabec6e2b2b172d3683b11a60d6217ea

So typical of the mindset that is devouring the AFL's credibility from the inside.

So typical of the mentality of so many involved around Aust sport when it comes to doping.
The decisions of our rural Seymour court take precedence over the rulings of the High court in the Hague, so everyone can go and get stuffed we're just gunna do things our way. None of us here cheat but all youse foreigners are full of cheaterers.

Just take the medal in with you n hand it back Jabbie. You might not have deliberately doped yourself but the 34 of you were happy to close your eyes n pretend nothing was going on while the chemists were pumping you full of *smile*.

TigerMasochist said:
So typical of the mentality of so many involved around Aust sport when it comes to doping.
The decisions of our rural Seymour court take precedence over the rulings of the High court in the Hague, so everyone can go and get stuffed we're just gunna do things our way. None of us here cheat but all youse foreigners are full of cheaterers.

Just take the medal in with you n hand it back Jabbie. You might not have deliberately doped yourself but the 34 of you were happy to close your eyes n pretend nothing was going on while the chemists were pumping you full of sh!t.
Agree. I have zero sympathy for them. Why didn't they declare to asada what hey had been doing? In my eyes they are no different to the East Germans etc.

In review, imo the AFL really do not have a choice to wait after the date expires of EFC players have to lodge an appeal to the CAS decision.

In fairness to all 3 parties Jab, Sam & Cotchin you do not want to strip Jab and hand it to other 2 then if Jab & Co are successful in their possible appeal, the AFL be forced to reverse decision again.

I having read when the final date of appeal is compared to when the AFL will sit down to decide. Maybe someoone else can confirm

Tigers of Old said:
If Jab keeps it then the award will be forever tarnished. The current administrators of the AFL have to make the right decision for the good of the game.

It's already tarnished - yet more fallout from the sporting catastrophe that began with a plot to unseat Matthew Knights because he got a few noses out of joint. The arrogance of Essendon people knows no bounds.

zgod said:
Agree. I have zero sympathy for them. Why didn't they declare to asada what hey had been doing? In my eyes they are no different to the East Germans etc.
I'd have more sympathy if they hadn't decided as a group to lie to the investigators. Surely players like Fletcher and Watson had been around long enough to ask the question, why can't we tell investigators what we're doing? We've never done this before. WADA has always been very clear on this, it is up to the athlete to know what they're putting into their bodies and to investigate what it is. The onus is on them.

CarnTheTiges said:
I'd have more sympathy if they hadn't decided as a group to lie to the investigators. Surely players like Fletcher and Watson had been around long enough to ask the question, why can't we tell investigators what we're doing? We've never done this before. WADA has always been very clear on this, it is up to the athlete to know what they're putting into their bodies and to investigate what it is. The onus is on them.

The mechanics behind the code of silence are yet to be explained. Couldn't see the players adhering so strictly to a request from Robinson or Dank to "protect our intellectual property". If there's no appeal by Feb 10, perhaps we'll see players breaking rank... "Hirdy told us to say this", etc.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
The mechanics behind the code of silence are yet to be explained.
Wasn't this the clear plastic bubble thing Max n the Chief used to sit under when they wanted to have a secret conversation? Don't think the mechanics of it were very good, bloody thing never worked properly.

Couldn't see the players adhering so strictly to a request from Robinson or Dank to "protect our intellectual property". If there's no appeal by Feb 10, perhaps we'll see players breaking rank... "Hirdy told us to say this", etc.
Pretty sure there was a couple of team meetings with the players, coaches n sports scientists whereby all this u beaut cutting edge sports science technology was to be the teams secret weapon to beat all the other teams who were fudging the doping systems. Players weren't supposed to discuss it with anyone, friends, family, doctors, ASADA, nothing. All secret, all approved by the clubs scientific gurus in Dank n Robinson.

TigerMasochist said:
Pretty sure there was a couple of team meetings with the players, coaches n sports scientists whereby all this u beaut cutting edge sports science technology was to be the teams secret weapon to beat all the other teams who were fudging the doping systems. Players weren't supposed to discuss it with anyone, friends, family, doctors, ASADA, nothing. All secret, all approved by the clubs scientific gurus in Dank n Robinson.

Can't recall, all these meeting where they allegedly did everything by the book have blurred into one. I don't think anyone is on record as saying "We were told not to discuss it", let alone "I told them not to discuss it". Just vague allusions to "peer pressure" where nobody wanted to stray from the team ethos.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Can't recall, all these meeting where they allegedly did everything by the book have blurred into one. I don't think anyone is on record as saying "We were told not to discuss it", let alone "I told them not to discuss it". Just vague allusions to "peer pressure" where nobody wanted to stray from the team ethos.

It come out in the CAS report. When they interviewed players and asked them why they hadn't reported the injections when they were drug tested, a number of them responded with comments along the lines of "The club told us to keep it quiet as it was intellectual property and they didn't want other clubs to find out what they were doing." The CAS report even comments on how they were instructed not to tell the Doctor.

It is one of the pieces of evidence that WADA used to make their case.

TOT70 said:
It come out in the CAS report. When they interviewed players and asked them why they hadn't reported the injections when they were drug tested, a number of them responded with comments along the lines of "The club told us to keep it quiet as it was intellectual property and they didn't want other clubs to find out what they were doing." The CAS report even comments on how they were instructed not to tell the Doctor.

It is one of the pieces of evidence that WADA used to make their case.

To quote The Weapon "covert operations". Say that again !