Hand it over Jobe Watson, Cotchy is the 2012 Brownlow medalist! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Hand it over Jobe Watson, Cotchy is the 2012 Brownlow medalist!

Broders said:
The CAS decision was not based on drug tests. They felt the tests were inconclusive and disregarded them. That being the case I can't see how Essendrugs can appeal. "You know those drug tests that you completely disregarded when making your decision, yeah well we reckon those weren't done correctly so we're appealing!"

Also, according to CAS the only appeal mechanism open to them is some court in Switzerland and even that is only open under exceptional circumstances.

They're looking into it.
I love to know how much $$ has been spent + how much an appeal would cost them.

ninjahaha said:
They try let EFC off in their tribunal. They then accept the WADA bans while they question the validity of WADA. Give the EFC a cuddle and back em in, let jobe explain how he can keep his medal. Players aren't to blame they say :vomit

They are convicted drug cheats.

Come on AFL. Take stand against drug cheats. Time for the guillotine! FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blowingup

The attitude seems to be that because the PEDs didn't make them into some kind of unbeatable super team, then they shouldn't get in trouble for it.

No chance Essendon will appeal. They are just making noises to keep their jonestown followers onside

Baloo said:
No chance Essendon will appeal. They are just making noises to keep their jonestown followers onside

I think the whole footy world (in fact the whole country because everyone is over it) hope they don't appeal. but we are dealing with some massive ego's.

se7en said:
They're looking into it.
I love to know how much $$ has been spent + how much an appeal would cost them.

They're like Julian Knight - a vexatious litigant.

Couldn't stand an entire season with the media harping on a "poor Essendon" theme. They're lucky they haven't been shunned like Lance Armstrong.

Bullarto Tiger said:
Given the CAS findings, there is only logical process to follow.
The AFL has little to no room to move on this issue/matter.
Watson is stripped of his Brownlow and the player(s) in second position are retrospectively and appropriately awarded the Brownlow.
The end of the matter.

Serious question

Is there any chance that "whatever they took" has any likelihood of improving their performance?
I don't know anything about the substances or their effects.

DirtyDogTiger said:
Firstly Cotch has got to go BOG in a final Before we worry about him getting a 2nd hand league best and fairest medal.

I have stated year after year that I don't rate the Brownlow and it doesn't deserve the prestige it receives. but that's not the point. nor is playing a crap game in a final. far worse players the Cotchy have won this award.

wayne said:
The attitude seems to be that because the PEDs didn't make them into some kind of unbeatable super team, then they shouldn't get in trouble for it.

I though it was they where innocent and duped by "bad men"?

Baloo said:
If Chimp and Sam do get awarded the Brownlow, it would only be fitting for them to receive it before the next match we have against each other. While they couldn't get the glory of the night, they'll have 50-60k supporters cheering both of them on when they get it.

Near 25,000 posts and Baloo has come up with a good one.

Well played sir. Leysy looks forward to another when you close in on 50K.

This has been rather a good week really. Dusty got off, Cotchy won a Brownlow and Essendon were given a right royal rogering.

TOT70 said:
This has been rather a good week really. Dusty got off, Cotchy won a Brownlow and Essendon were given a right royal rogering.

Add in some Carlton misfortune and it would just about be perfect.

Leysy Days said:
Near 25,000 posts and Baloo has come up with a good one.

Well played sir. Leysy looks forward to another when you close in on 50K.

Settle down LD, there's no more room on my bandwagon.

DirtyDogTiger said:
Serious question

Is there any chance that "whatever they took" has any likelihood of improving their performance?
I don't know anything about the substances or their effects.

Quality scientific evidence is lacking on what TB4 actually does but the thinking is that it promotes cell proliferation and replenishment of blood...allows quicker/more complete recovery from heavier training, enabling a larger training load, increasing blood function (eg oxygen capacity and movement/supply).

Fighting Fury said:
Quality scientific evidence is lacking on what TB4 actually does but the thinking is that it promotes cell proliferation and replenishment of blood...allows quicker/more complete recovery from heavier training, enabling a larger training load, increasing blood function (eg oxygen capacity and movement/supply).
That sounds a lot like what Justin Charles was taking. How long did he get?

TOT70 said:
:clap