Hand it over Jobe Watson, Cotchy is the 2012 Brownlow medalist! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Hand it over Jobe Watson, Cotchy is the 2012 Brownlow medalist!

I heard some stuff from a statement given by the drug cheat earlier today. They even called him Essendon captain. Should have been suspended Essendon captain and disgraced Brownlow medalist, but that's the media for you. Love to hear a confrontation between he and David Culbert, I don't know of any other Australian athlete/media personality who is as dirty on drug cheating as Culbert.

CarnTheTiges said:
I heard some stuff from a statement given by the drug cheat earlier today. They even called him Essendon captain. Should have been suspended Essendon captain and disgraced Brownlow medalist, but that's the media for you. Love to hear a confrontation between he and David Culbert, I don't know of any other Australian athlete/media personality who is as dirty on drug cheating as Culbert.

That would be grossly unfair. It would like putting a swimmer in a pool containing a great white.

But it would nice to hear and see :hihi.

Enough posturing, Jab. Appears on national TV to throw the footy public an AOD red herring. Only reveals facts painting himself in the best possible light (sound familiar ?). I think he's actually convinced himself he did nothing wrong whatsoever.

Go away and do your penance.

Cotchin's 2012 season was unbelievably good.
If he was to take the Brownlow off Watson he deserves it.

CarnTheTiges said:

Yes the spin from the AFL doting media has been interesting when you compare it with how Martin was treated.

tigers80 said:
Olympic medalists lose their medals when found guilty, so he should hand it back.

Agree, hope he gets on the front foot soon, err sorry, it might be the back foot soon, and hands it back - should be resigned to an asterix in the records.

Given the CAS findings, there is only logical process to follow.
The AFL has little to no room to move on this issue/matter.
Watson is stripped of his Brownlow and the player(s) in second position are retrospectively and appropriately awarded the Brownlow.
The end of the matter.

waiting said:
I agree as I felt for Tim as a father but Ch 7 should never have put him in the spot and commenting on his sons Brownlow!
There's an old proverb about whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.
Poor old fish rots at the head Watson has spent years skulking around the back rooms n coteries at Essendrugs manipulating n counselling, undermined Sheeds n Knighter while just being a loyal son and former captain of Essendrugs. Had a heavy hand from the back room in aligning Jimbob n Bomber as the Messiahs to bring forth a new golden era at Essendrugs.
Loving every minute of Timmy sucking up his bowl of fish head soup, it's called bouillabaisse or suffer in ya jocks or something like that.

TigerMasochist said:
Poor old fish rots at the head Watson has spent years skulking around the back rooms n coteries at Essendrugs manipulating n counselling, undermined Sheeds n Knighter while just being a loyal son and former captain of Essendrugs. Had a heavy hand from the back room in aligning Jimbob n Bomber as the Messiahs to bring forth a new golden era at Essendrugs.
Loving every minute of Timmy sucking up his bowl of fish head soup, it's called bouillabaisse or suffer in ya jocks or something like that.
Brought a smile that did - Ta!

rosy23 said:
Does anyone know if Lance Armstrong's stripped titles were awarded to the runners up?
TDEF TRACK RECORD EVEN EXCEEDS ESSENDON'S

1996 - RIIS Later confessed to using EPO official results show him as the winner with an *
1999 - 2005 - the records show Armstrong as first with an * saying titles stripped but no retrospective winner majority of the place fillers were all later suspended, the only exception being Andreas Kloden (2003) who retired with his record intact.
2006 - LANDIS won but failed a drug test at stage 17 (from memory) OSCAR PERIERA DECLARED WINNER
2010 - CONTADOR finished first but later suspended failing a drug test (contaminated meat story didn't work) ANDY SCHLECK declared winner.

Landis and Contrador's names expunged but * against the retrospective winner.

THE ARMSTRONG YEARS ARE THE ONLY ONES WHERE THE RECORDS STILL SHOW HIM - OF THE 7 YEARS KLODEN SEEMS TO BE THE ONLY PLACEGETTER UNTAINTED SO SOME DILEMA I GUESS. INTERESTING THAT THE KING OF THE MOUNTAINS CLASSIFICATIONS RECORDS REMAIN INTACT EVEN THOUGH ANUMBER OF WINNERS SUBSEQUENTLY FAILED DRUG TESTS

I understand that the comparison to LA and cycling can be made however the circumstances are different in that there is no question hanging over the dual winners in cotchin and mitchell. There is only 1 correct way this can be dealt with but I have no faith that the AFL has the decency to uphold the integrity of the Brownlow. They are proving to be very silly boys.

Tigerflag2008 said:
We could start a petition calling for the resignation of key AFL officials responsible for the corrupt drug tribunal process. Anyone know how to do this?

The revolution needs to happen.

The AFL have gone to far... AGAIN.

Sick of them playing us all for dumb arses.

They try let EFC off in their tribunal. They then accept the WADA bans while they question the validity of WADA. Give the EFC a cuddle and back em in, let jobe explain how he can keep his medal. Players aren't to blame they say :vomit

The players lied on 30 occasion when asked if they had any medications/supplements to declare.

One player out of 34 on 30 occasions declared a "vitamin B" injection. :shakehead

They are convicted drug cheats.

Come on AFL. Take stand against drug cheats. Time for the guillotine! FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blowingup

ninjahaha said:

So who's gonna be Spartacus and start it?
th

Judging by Jobe's comments yesterday the AFL are going to be waiting until hell freezes over before he hands the medal back voluntarily. He's still proclaiming innocence. If anyone picks up a dictionary published after this decision and looks up the word delusional they'll probably be confronted by a picture of Jobe and Hird.

ninjahaha said:

The AFL have gone to far... AGAIN.

Sick of them playing us all for dumb arses.

They try let EFC off in their tribunal. They then accept the WADA bans while they question the validity of WADA. Give the EFC a cuddle and back em in, let jobe explain how he can keep his medal. Players aren't to blame they say :vomit

The players lied on 30 occasion when asked if they had any medications/supplements to declare.

One player out of 34 on 30 occasions declared a "vitamin B" injection. :shakehead

They are convicted drug cheats.

Come on AFL. Take stand against drug cheats. Time for the guillotine! FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blowingup

Well said. Stand by for Gil to allow Jab to keep his medal as Gil alluded to with his 'circumstantial' rhetoric...
That will say plenty about how they view this decision.

TigerMasochist said:

that's gold!! and very true!!

theres no way in hell , none ,nothing that can be done to allow a guy whos taken cheating chemicals and whom doesn,t state when asked numerous times , did u take anything else to be a brownlow winner, hell 23 out of 30 votes came when on this stuff, and mcveigh in pre season 2013 stated has fact all, players 100% knew what they were taking, and he said, no grey area,later this became , i know nothing, as they were getting caught.

Essendon reckon the drug test was done incorrectly.
Looking to appeal.

se7en said:
Essendon reckon the drug test was done incorrectly.
Looking to appeal.
The CAS decision was not based on drug tests. They felt the tests were inconclusive and disregarded them. That being the case I can't see how Essendrugs can appeal. "You know those drug tests that you completely disregarded when making your decision, yeah well we reckon those weren't done correctly so we're appealing!"

Also, according to CAS the only appeal mechanism open to them is some court in Switzerland and even that is only open under exceptional circumstances.