Hand it over Jobe Watson, Cotchy is the 2012 Brownlow medalist! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Hand it over Jobe Watson, Cotchy is the 2012 Brownlow medalist!

The AFL just needs to get the job done.

As much as it challenges the AFL there is simply no decision that can be made other than to strip Watson of the medal and present it to Cotchin and Mitchell, irrespective of the claptrap and how the opinions are divided.

If the rules and applicable sanctions aren't followed in this situation and with this particular matter then the AFL will have lost all credibility ... completely.

Bullarto Tiger said:
The AFL just needs to get the job done.

As much as it challenges the AFL there is simply no decision that can be made other than to strip Watson of the medal and present it to Cotchin and Mitchell, irrespective of the claptrap and how the opinions are divided.

If the rules and applicable sanctions aren't followed in this situation and with this particular matter then the AFL will have lost all credibility ... completely.

Agree entirely, there is no way a convicted drug cheat (and that is now fact , not opinion) can keep the medal.

joegarra said:
Agree entirely, there is no way a convicted drug cheat (and that is now fact , not opinion) can keep the medal.

Unfortunately nothing would surprise where the AFL is concerned.

The AFL is simply waiting to see if the players are going to appeal the sanction.

If they don't Jobe will lose the medal and Mitchell and Cotchy will write their names in the history.

If they do appeal then the AFL will await the outcome of the appeal before making any judgement.

toby64 said:
Unfortunately nothing would surprise where the AFL is concerned.

me too. I can't believe how bad they have been, and how low my opinion of them has sunk.

IanG said:
Chris Kaias has just noted on twitter that Jeff Browne is the uncle of 1 of the 34 players, so he is hardly an unbiased observer, as a lawyer he should know better.

No problem with Browne saying whatever he likes, even if he is Alex's uncle. But the connection should have been pointed out by the author.

Might see these going for 99 cents on eBay.

2012-Brownlow-Signed-Photo-Piece-800.jpg

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Might see these going for 99 cents on eBay.

2012-Brownlow-Signed-Photo-Piece-800.jpg

Wheres the photo of the syringe?
Surely it played a big part in Jab's season.

He was never actually given a Brownlow Medal, it was really only a plastic police badge from the coco pops box, so all good

Bonehead Mark Robinson in today's HS has written an article where he says he's changed his opinion and that Jobey Baby should NOT lose the medal.

Edit:
Just realised this is being discussed on Journo's Board. But anyway - Jobe still needs to do the right thing and give the bugger back pronto!

So it seems that with the appeal of the CAS decision by Essendon players that Cotchin and Mitchell will now have to wait a further 12 months before being awarded their rightful Brownlow medals.
Just hand it back Watson ... you may somehow have been harmed/duped by others yet the weight of evidence against you obliges you to do the right thing, the honourable thing ... the football world will have greater respect for you if you were to do what is required of an athlete who maintains integrity as a key plank of their playing ethos.

Cotchin is not the 2012 Brownlow medalist and reckon he wouldn't want it in this manner. Hope he becomes the 2016 Brownlow medalist.