griff to debut. team named | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

griff to debut. team named

Not to concerned about Foley, 'injured - leg' seems to be code for having a week off this season. Bringing him back safely, don't want to break him like Wallace did last season.

Hopefully King and White's last game in Richmond colours. Amazed they haven't already been turfed from Hardwick's plan, especially King.

hellenictiger said:
But I think Thurstfield must have been one of those saints players that went to the clinic.

I'm confused and have obviously missed something here?
Are you suggesting he might be the god-father?

Phar Ace said:
My only concern is that he has played 29 TAC and Championship games and only averaged 1 goal - same for Astbury though. Whereas, Butcher (@PA) averaged about 2.5 goals from about 37 games.
Butcher also averaged about 8 behinds per game

Barnzy said:
Hopefully King and White's last game in Richmond colours. Amazed they haven't already been turfed from Hardwick's plan, especially King.
I'm surprised you haven't figured it out yet that Hardwick obviously thinks differently to you

ZeroGame said:
I'm surprised you haven't figured it out yet that Hardwick obviously thinks differently to you

Well let's see if King is around at the end of year. I'm betting no, you?

LidsBling&Cotch said:
it may be a negative mindset but when you've got 2 kids who have played 9 games consecutively at a pretty high standard there is no harm in not exposing them to the physical hiding that ling bartel and corey will hand them

its just good player management

As I said mollycoddling people in cotton wool. This society gets softer.

shawry said:

these aren't the clubs children, they are professional athletes and like thoroughbred race horses have a limited career life span. the club will manage their investments wisely.

ILuvLids said:
No Morton??? Hardwick must be trying to prove a point to Mitch about working hard and having more defensive efforts.
Is Morton out of favour for maybe signing on with the Gold Coast? Not trying to start a rumour just asking a question. When is he out of contract??

my interest in this game has increased dramatically after the inclusion of Griffiths!! good luck to him and I hope he has a good game and more importantly an injury free one

Barnzy said:
Post, Polo, Morton

are 10 times better than

King, Farmer, White. I don't even rate Polo that high either but fair dinkum those 3 are massive duds. Also you can't tell me they aren't getting games based off their Coburg efforts because DH would be contradicting himself by including Griffiths off the back of 1 senior Coburg game and Tambling off terrible AFL form. We won't win a game all year if team selection continues along this path.
Not in attitude.

shawry said:

How many games of VFL/AFL did you play as a seventeen to twenty year old, tough guy?

Barnzy said:
Post, Polo, Morton

are 10 times better than

King, Farmer, White. I don't even rate Polo that high either but fair dinkum those 3 are massive duds. Also you can't tell me they aren't getting games based off their Coburg efforts because DH would be contradicting himself by including Griffiths off the back of 1 senior Coburg game and Tambling off terrible AFL form. We won't win a game all year if team selection continues along this path.

Griffiths is a youngster. Important to get some experience into him if the club feels he's ready to handle the pace regardless of whether he is ripping up the VFL. Post on the other hand has had AFL opportunities and has struggled a little. Hardly a replacement for the small guys you mentioned anyway. Morton, well I reckon he should be in too but there must be some political issue there. Really only leaves Polo to replace all of the guys you've mentioned shouldn't be in which now in 2 of your posts consists of King, Farmer, White, Tambling, Nahas. One for five doesn't go.

Have we become that desperate to include a kid who,s hardly played a game this year?Good luck to Griffiths but geez whats the rush?

Barnzy said:
Hopefully ...... White's last game in Richmond colours. Amazed they haven't already been turfed from Hardwick's plan

mainlandy said:
White ...... still in the team, any thoughts I had of us winning have now being quashed. What a joke.

Personally I think White is starting to emerge from a serious bout of being down on confidence. The signs are positive IMO. I have always thought from what I have seen that he has the ability to make it at this level.

Hardwick and the selectors must see something here. Sure, maybe he will get the chop at seasons end, but I reckon that Dimma and co. are looking to really evaluate White and work out where he is at. You are not got to be able to do that by playing him at Coburg. He need a continuous run at AFL level, and that is what they are giving him.

Even if you don't rate him, you cannot argue with that logic if Dimma and co. see something in him. That is what this season is all about. Really working out where we are at, who is capable of coming forward with the club, and who has to go.