griff to debut. team named | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

griff to debut. team named

arlobill said:
in my opinion

post and morton for farmer and tambling

polo for king
leave nahas in for now..or maybe rance in his place

Well Morton would obviously be in based on his talent but there's something going on behind the scenes there. Post just hasnt been cutting it. Needs to find his form first and then get elevated. Polo is a logical choice in place of Kingy. Rance has been dropped and really struggling as well. Nahas provifing a little more at this stage.

Wasn't "leg" the reason he was rested against the Cats ?

Whilst I'm happy to see grifiths, I know the chances of winning are low to begin with let alone when we make 4 changes after a six goal loss. It's probably got more to do with resting than form.
But I think Thurstfield must have been one of those saints players that went to the clinic.

GoodOne said:
Say ins are a joke, and maybe so, but who would you suggest be in for all of Nahas, Farmer, King and Tambling? Therein lies the problem. We need to have others to step up to take their place.

Post, Polo, Morton

are 10 times better than

King, Farmer, White. I don't even rate Polo that high either but fair dinkum those 3 are massive duds. Also you can't tell me they aren't getting games based off their Coburg efforts because DH would be contradicting himself by including Griffiths off the back of 1 senior Coburg game and Tambling off terrible AFL form. We won't win a game all year if team selection continues along this path.

Picking Big Griff after he only just debuted for Coburg and got through ½ a match before being injured?

I’m glad he’s playing but it’s almost like we are deliberately losing

Happy to see Griffiths debut but it's a strange side.

Can only assume Hardwick is still having a good look at who is staying and who is going.

Hopefully Foley's omission is deliberate and not forced.

Col.W.Kurtz said:
Picking Big Griff after he only just debuted for Coburg and got through ½ a match before being injured?

Not as bad as Demons this week deliberately resting Trengove and Scully. I woudl be realyl disappointed as a teammate going in there not putting in their best team to win or giving them the best chance of winning. Sure it is Geelong but everyone starts at 0-0 and they are a chance even if a slight one. Disgraceful.

shawry said:
Not as bad as Demons this week deliberately resting Trengove and Scully. I woudl be realyl disappointed as a teammate going in there not putting in their best team to win or giving them the best chance of winning. Sure it is Geelong but everyone starts at 0-0 and they are a chance even if a slight one. Disgraceful.

Yeah what's that about? wouldn't you want the kids to see some of the best midfielders going round up close and personal?

Glad to see Griff debut though. Despite our win-loss ratio i've had something to look forward to every week this year. Behold our future premiership-winning forward line, big griff, jack and astbury

Also glad andy collins is back in. May as well play him

arlobill said:
BUT why on earth drop thursfeild...??/ must be injured..doesnt make sense

Pretty sure it's a horses for courses ommission...no standout big man in the port fwd line, hence one of Thursty, McGuane or Moore miss. Thursty provides little, if any drive out of defence so this was probably the deciding factor. McGuane lucky to keep his spot.

Can't imagine how or why Farmer, King and Nahas kept their spot...very lucky for them.
Tambling should have been made to earn a recall...

shawry said:

Didnt Cotchin and Martin both miss our game against Geelong??

8 players in that side 180cm or under, 9 if you count Webberly who's 181cm. Nearly half the squad.....

What the hell...

What's going on at match committee meetings?

Col.W.Kurtz said:

Hardwick is an impatient bugger.

Barnzy said:
8 players in that side 180cm or under, 9 if you count Webberly who's 181cm. Nearly half the squad.....

What the hell...

What's going on at match committee meetings?

Port look pretty small on paper too, and 180 is still around 6 foot so they're not midgets.

LidsBling&Cotch said:
whats soft about it?

Resting players against teams like Geelong. Agree with the poster above should be a good learning opportunity rather than resting blokes.s People are mollycoddled enough these days, professional footballers getting rested is ridiculous.