griff to debut. team named | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

griff to debut. team named

kiwitiger said:
Excuse my ignorance , I dont follow the playing list as closely as most on here,

What is Griffen like , what are his supposed strengths etc?

You're best asking that question on a Western Bulldogs forum ;)

CC TIGER said:
I dont know why so many get stressed re the ins and outs, we are 0-9 and this will not be the 22 leading into the finals next year, all players other then Sanchez are getting a gig and getting plenty of game time with it. Hardwick has a lot of questions he needs answered and im sure he would rather have them answered now then relying on a player having a couple of blinders in rds 21 and 22

finally some sense.

With big Ben and Jack up forward, I wonder if Astbury will see some time down back!

kiwitiger said:
Excuse my ignorance , I dont follow the playing list as closely as most on here,

Griffiths is considered a power forward in the making mate. 199cm, big bodied, sure marking forward, quick for size.

My only concern is that he has played 29 TAC and Championship games and only averaged 1 goal - same for Astbury though. Whereas, Butcher (@PA) averaged about 2.5 goals from about 37 games.

kiwitiger said:

Some of the players were telling me about how fantastic a kick he is, Willy T said he thumps it 70 metres

kiwitiger said:

I take it you mean Ben Griffiths.
dob 17/09/91.
199cms.
98kgs.
No. 38.
A power forward from Eastern Ranges. Strong mark, booming accurate kick.
Has speed and size.
Light brown hair, hazel eyes, sideburns.
You've got all I know of him Kiwi.

I quite like the selected side.
Good luck Griffo.
I'm glad Tredrea's not playing, here's hoping someone else dosen't kick a bag :'(
I'd like to see Kingy follow Carr around every where he goes, just to make sure he behaves himself :)

tigerman said:
I'd like to see Kingy follow Carr around every where he goes, just to make sure he behaves himself :)

Agree Tigerman, only way that could get any better is if it was in mud ;D

willo said:
I take it you mean Ben Griffiths.
dob 17/09/91.
199cms.
98kgs.
No. 38.
A power forward from Eastern Ranges. Strong mark, booming accurate kick.
Has speed and size.
Light brown hair, hazel eyes, sideburns.
You've got all I know of him Kiwi.

You forgot possibly the next Plugger Locket.
As stated by Shifter Sheehan on draft day.

bowden4president said:
I wonder if Astbury will see some time down back!

I would guess that he will have some time down back, and looking forward in seeing Big Ben.

Overall, Foley is the biggest loss by far, but having said that it'll be a close one, I just hope the young fellas know the song.

tigerman said:
Looking forward to seeing that one. It will be worth watching!

CC TIGER said:
I dont know why so many get stressed re the ins and outs, we are 0-9 and this will not be the 22 leading into the finals next year, all players other then Sanchez are getting a gig and getting plenty of game time with it. Hardwick has a lot of questions he needs answered and im sure he would rather have them answered now then relying on a player having a couple of blinders in rds 21 and 22

read from the start of this thread and shook my head at many posts ....... until i got to this one. well said CC :clap exactly what i was thinking.

this season is all about giving opportunities and seeing who will take us forward next year, and in the years ahead, as well as seeing who won't. there will be another cull at years end.

on Vickery. he needs a run at Coburg to work on parts of his game and get some confidence. i think they've brought in Polak to pinch hit in the ruck. after this week either Polak or Astbury will make way for Simmonds last game. then the following week Browne may be given a go (i think they're reluctant to bring in Browne for 1 week then drop him for Simmonds last game. better to wait a couple of weeks so he can get a fair crack at it).

Forgot to mention ........ congrats Griff :clap :clap :clap

really really looking forward to him play. a shame its in Adelaide cause i wanted to be there to see it for myself.

the future of the RFC debuts on Saturday for all to see and enjoy

go get em big fella.

CC TIGER said:

Fair point. But just for a minute, dont you think Hardwick might be feeling an ounce of pressure without a win?

not surprised King is in again. did ok last week. he mightnt last past the year but i didnt think they would drop him after last week.
as tigershark said, i reckon part of the reason polak is in is to make it easier to drop someone for simmonds. either polak or astbury. prob then browne will come in, or TV will be back.
be interesting to see Griffiths. hope he does ok.
a little surprised to see thursty dropped. maybe some time at coburg to learn to chase kicks.
good to see tambling back. the 2 games he has missed have been 2 of our worst.

there is some of my random thoughts.

Skills said:
Fair point. But just for a minute, dont you think Hardwick might be feeling an ounce of pressure without a win?

we might see something closer to our 'strongest' side against the weagels, roos and crows.

Foley in for a couple and then out is concerning. When was the last time Richmond debuted this many players in a season? Has it ever happened before? I'm convinced Hardwick is determined to play the entire list, injuries permitting, yes even McTuffin at some point.