griff to debut. team named | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

griff to debut. team named

CptJonno2Madcow2005 said:
Have we become that desperate to include a kid who,s hardly played a game this year?Good luck to Griffiths but geez whats the rush?

Well said Capt., there is no doubt Hardwick we are becoming desperate. Let's face it, Griffiths hasn't played a full game at Coburg (reserves/seniors), missed a week last week (state game) and presto in he comes. On the other side of the coin he may just want to give him the taste and go back and work on their defencencies, while the likes of Post is battling at Coburg. The same was done with Astbury, never played a full game for Coburg, got injured a few times and in he came, went back and has been named again. I'm not questioning Hardwick's method to all of this, it's just hard to understand how underdone players are being brought in who haven't really earned their stripes with full games at Coburg.

Having said this the likes of Post & Morton would be spitting chips.

geoffryprettyboy said:
Well said Capt., there is no doubt Hardwick we are becoming desperate. Let's face it, Griffiths hasn't played a full game at Coburg (reserves/seniors), missed a week last week (state game) and presto in he comes. On the other side of the coin he may just want to give him the taste and go back and work on their defencencies, while the likes of Post is battling at Coburg. The same was done with Astbury, never played a full game for Coburg, got injured a few times and in he came, went back and has been named again. I'm not questioning Hardwick's method to all of this, it's just hard to understand how underdone players are being brought in who haven't really earned their stripes with full games at Coburg.

Having said this the likes of Post & Morton would be spitting chips.

Wouldn't know it by their recent performances for the Burgers.

Would rather give kids a go than reward mediocrity from more experienced players

zgod said:
Is Morton out of favour for maybe signing on with the Gold Coast? Not trying to start a rumour just asking a question. When is he out of contract??

Contracted to 2011 apparently, but I would have thought he might be a fair chance of going to either GC or GWS.

Good Luck to Ben Griffiths on his debut.

Those jumping up and down about King and White still in ahead of the likes of Post and Morton need to settle down. No doubt that Morton and Post are more talented footballers than White and King, however from what I have gathered this year, talent alone does not get you into the 22 under Hardwick. The right attitude and team first mentality are two vital aspects that you must also have in order to get a senior spot. Obviously these 2 things are currently lacking with Post and moreso with Morton.

willo said:
I take it you mean Ben Griffiths.
dob 17/09/91.
199cms.
98kgs.
No. 38.
A power forward from Eastern Ranges. Strong mark, booming accurate kick.
Has speed and size.
Light brown hair, hazel eyes, sideburns.
You've got all I know of him Kiwi.

Finally a player with decent sideburns. ;)

Congrats to Griffiths.

Played nearly 3qtrs of a coburg match on top of 2 full coburg reserves games. Certainly made to eanr his spot :hihi

TigerFurious said:
Played nearly 3qtrs of a coburg match on top of 2 full coburg reserves games. Certainly made to eanr his spot :hihi

:hihi

It fairness he’s probably worked harder than Relton did to wear the Yellow and Black

Just noticed that Port is the team that Angus Graham performs the worst against so far.................. All our eggs have gone in his basket this week too :help

Phar Ace said:
Just noticed that Port is the team that Angus Graham performs the worst against so far.................. All our eggs have gone in his basket this week too :help

At least he won't be up against Lade

Hardwick said Foley is okay to play this week but they are just resting him they don't want to push him. He will be alright for the saints the following week. Good news hearing that

Was John Manton 38. If Ben turned out half as good as mants... we'd be.... ;D