griff to debut. team named | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

griff to debut. team named

shawry said:
Resting players against teams like Geelong. Agree with the poster above should be a good learning opportunity rather than resting blokes.s People are mollycoddled enough these days, professional footballers getting rested is ridiculous.

Didn't we rest our two most exciting young midfielders against the Cats ? Cotch and Martin ?

Barnzy said:
8 players in that side 180cm or under, 9 if you count Webberly who's 181cm. Nearly half the squad.....

What the hell...

What's going on at match committee meetings?

That didn't take long. :hihi

I reckon Dimma is still challenging the players in the squad.

This year is not about premiership points it's more about finding out the in/capabilities of the list going forward.

Some in that 22 will not be here at season's end, of that I am certain.

2010 was always going to be a writeoff, just let this year play itself out.

shawry said:
Resting players against teams like Geelong. Agree with the poster above should be a good learning opportunity rather than resting blokes.s People are mollycoddled enough these days, professional footballers getting rested is ridiculous.

disagree, its only been a recent thing of first year players playing 22 games and 75% TOG and with the increased pace of the game and bigger training loads its smart management IMO

Hmm, Griffiths in. Obviously I don't have an insight into the day to day goings on down at the club, but on face value it would seem a little premature. No more than 3 consecutive games at Coburg off the top of my head after an injury without having done a great deal.
It would appear, Griffiths in the forward line to take some defenders away from JR & Polak as the second ruck.
Anyway, he is in, so lets hope it is a debut to remember.

Concerned about the ongoing 'leg' issue of Foley. Please medicos get him right we desperately need him fit.
Tambling straight in.... could have done with a couple of game in the ressies. He must train the house down, because he would appear an automatic selection based on his immediate return & it couldn't be because of his match day form.

LidsBling&Cotch said:
disagree, its only been a recent thing of first year players playing 22 games and 75% TOG and with the increased pace of the game and bigger training loads its smart management IMO
CAn see that point, stil ldont agree with that negative mindset.

shawry said:
CAn see that point, stil ldont agree with that negative mindset.

it may be a negative mindset but when you've got 2 kids who have played 9 games consecutively at a pretty high standard there is no harm in not exposing them to the physical hiding that ling bartel and corey will hand them

its just good player management

LidsBling&Cotch said:
it may be a negative mindset but when you've got 2 kids who have played 9 games consecutively at a pretty high standard there is no harm in not exposing them to the physical hiding that ling bartel and corey will hand them

its just good player management
I agree

I dont know why so many get stressed re the ins and outs, we are 0-9 and this will not be the 22 leading into the finals next year, all players other then Sanchez are getting a gig and getting plenty of game time with it. Hardwick has a lot of questions he needs answered and im sure he would rather have them answered now then relying on a player having a couple of blinders in rds 21 and 22

CC TIGER said:
I dont know why so many get stressed re the ins and outs, we are 0-9 and this will not be the 22 leading into the finals next year, all players other then Sanchez are getting a gig and getting plenty of game time with it. Hardwick has a lot of questions he needs answered and im sure he would rather have them answered now then relying on a player having a couple of blinders in rds 21 and 22

:clap ;D

se7en said:
Surely we could have fit a couple of more midgets in the team.

Yes, hopefully next week we add a few more. Certainly not enough yet.

LEIGHLOMBARD said:
Richmond
B: Kelvin Moore, Luke McGuane, Chris Newman
HB: Shane Tuck, Brett Deledio, Shane Edwards
C: Richard Tambling, Ben Cousins, Jeromey Webberley
HF: Dustin Martin, Jack Riewoldt, Ben Nason
F: Robin Nahas, Graham Polak, Matt White
Foll: Angus Graham, Trent Cotchin, Jake King
I/C: Mitch Farmer, Ben Griffiths, David Astbury, Andrew Collins
Emg: Tyrone Vickery, Alex Rance, Will Thursfield

In: Polak, Tambling, Collins, Griffiths
Out: Nathan Foley (leg), Will Thursfield, Alex Rance, Tyrone Vickery

from
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/95131/default.aspx

Wow, structurally a much better side. We can quibble about personell but that will sort itself out soon enough. Tambling clearly in best 22 and good to see him back in - was mssed last week. Also great to see King again - form player at VFL needs to play half forward although looks like he might tag.

Hope its just injury management with Nathan.

Good to see Hardwick take no notice of supporters or media.

griff back three weeks after he did his shoulder, seems a bit risky to me. Hope our medicos arent about to strike again. Anyway, fingers crossed, go Ben.

Wow, a few ppl jumping at shadows here eh Tooheys - agree with ya about what the season is.

Understand ppls concerns re Foley, but he could just as easily got a knock that they are being cautious about.

Had an inkling Griff might come up this week. A couple of Coburg watchers said Griff was in a class of his own - if true, this promotion is understandable and could really expose Ports shorter defence ala Tippett.

Probably needed Tambling's speed, otherwise he might well have come through Coburg.

I'm a Collins fan now, he's often composed, a nice kick usually, a good assist player.

It's nice to see Kingy getting another run, if only to see Barnzy spew ;D

There's not much of TV and he looked tired last week, couldn't run with Hille, won't get to Brogan, and with Griff in, resting fwd is not an option.

Polak, is he just rucking insurance? Probably ruck when Brogan cant't and he gets Westoff.

Port are not that tall, so Hardwick and his cohorts have done their sums right I reckon.

Can anyone say what Morton's contract position is, timing wise?

CC TIGER said:
Mate , spot on....and IMO probably a better balanced side than last week.

Barnzy said:
8 players in that side 180cm or under, 9 if you count Webberly who's 181cm. Nearly half the squad.....

What the hell...

What's going on at match committee meetings?

im not too sure either, but im sure as hell glad your not on it.

maybe, just maybe
they have some sort of long term long term plan
and hardwick and co are looking to see who's got what it takes and who aint.

Excuse my ignorance , I dont follow the playing list as closely as most on here,

What is Griffen like , what are his supposed strengths etc?