Game Day - Richmond v North Melbourne, Elimination Final 2015 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Richmond v North Melbourne, Elimination Final 2015

It's very frustrating that they didn't leave everything out on the ground today. They really needed to make a stand today and not surrender meekly. Cotch, Ellis and Edwards all had ten or less possessions and their worst games for a longtime. They should watch the Swans game against Freo. They had every reason to turn up the toes but they fought on. Joey Kennedy was magnificent the way he willed himself into the contest.

Respect is earned in finals in the heat of battle. When the heat came on we went to water. We rightly won't have the football worlds respect until we can stand up when it counts. North basically tanked last week so they could play us this week. The showed a gross lack of respect. They wanted to play us because they thought we are mentally week and they were proved correct.

The players let themselves down badly today. It will either burn in their gut and they will respond next year or this leadership and coaching group will slip into mediocrity.

How the hell did we stay in the game for so long ? Our midfield apart from Miles had was abysmal .
Backline unbelievable effort .
Forward line kicked 14 goals from 42 inside 50
Interesting that we played a 6 man forward line in the last quarter we have hardly done that all year
I think if we are going to play the 3 tall forward line then we need to play 6 forwards to stop the ball rebounding so quickly .

CarnTheTiges said:
I'd challenge to prove it this year. No Mad Monday. Get straight back into it. Get together and make a pact that they're never going to feel this way again. It's become part of football folklore that the '73 Premiership was won not long after the loss in '72 when Hafey and his players made a pact that they were never going to let that happen again.

They also turned over the list, wasn't the same 20 who ran out a year later. several great parallel to 2015
never wanted to beaten in the ruck like 72 so the first call Tommy made was to Mike Green.
Never wanted to thrashed by R walls at chf so went and got r McGhie (almost out of jail)
A gun wingman B Wood and quality half back M Keane
If that good enough for team that were red hot flag favs then a team that hasn't got close to wining a final should be uprading several spots in the 18.

Too often we had no target forward of the ball. The game was on their terms for most of the match even though we had the lead.very flat...

Ivy is a great great person to have at our club... Against the best ruckman (Goldstein, sandilands Jacobs, natanui) he is miles out of his depth.

Love the tigers buy a membership every year have done now for a long time . Today is gut wrenching to emotionally involved and need to step back a little in 2016 for my own health lol. To stressful .

I'm less gutted than the past 2 years. I don't know, I just saw it coming.

Here's a list:

Cotchin
Deledio
Edwards
Ellis
Batchelor
Vlastuin
Chaplin
Hunt
Grigg
Griffiths
Lambert

These are the list of blokes who played one of their worst games of the year. You can't win with that many blokes down on form.

Some perennial finals failures in that lot. Something to think about.

BrisTiger24 said:
I'm less gutted than the past 2 years. I don't know, I just saw it coming.

Here's a list:

Cotchin
Deledio
Edwards
Ellis
Batchelor
Vlastuin
Chaplin
Hunt
Grigg
Griffiths
Lambert

These are the list of blokes who played one of their worst games of the year. You can't win with that many blokes down on form.

Some perennial finals failures in that lot. Something to think about.

Hunt, Chaplin, griff, Ellis are no good. That's why we never pass week one
Don't worry about today, this will happen again if these blokes playing

tiges said:
Love the tigers buy a membership every year have done now for a long time . Today is gut wrenching to emotionally involved and need to step back a little in 2016 for my own health lol. To stressful .

Good luck with that. I bet you're there RD 1 with membership in tow.

Ridley said:
I'm really looking forward to the "the finals loss has been burning in our guts all summer" comments. ::)

As we proceed to play like sh!t again in the first few weeks of the year with another loss to Melbourne and blow any chance of top 4.

Looking forward to Groundhog Day at the RFC.
The end-of-season review should note that above all else, we completely blew it by not making top 4. Now I know that given the result of the game you could argue we didn't deserve it but regardless, we pissed away the double chance and put ourselves in that position.

jb03 said:
Often we brought our spare man up to the stoppage which didn't work. I would have liked them to try to keep sending extras to our forward line even if it meant a crowded forward line.
run of the mill u15s coaches don't fall for the spare man trick, but Hardwick falls for it every time.

Mind boggling. It really grinds my gears

hutstar said:
The end-of-season review should note that above all else, we completely blew it by not making top 4. Now I know that given the result of the game you could argue we didn't deserve it but regardless, we p!ssed away the double chance and put ourselves in that position.

Agree with the top 4 bit. Staggering to think that if we beat Melbourne and prevent Houli's brain fart against Freo, we finish on top. That's how close things were in the upper echelons.
Having said that, Freo would probably not have dropped so many games at the end of the season had they mattered, but even then we'd have finished second - double chance and a home qualifying final.

Sheesh .................

A few observations from the game.

1) Waite still fingers us every time.

2) Thank god Miles,Martin & Lambert were playing.

3) Lennon & Lloyd being left out was a disgrace.

4) Bonehead of the Year award goes to Hardwick(see above).

5) Still to many B Graders.

6) Where the hell was Cotchin,Deledio,Edwards and co.

7) Why wasn't Batchelor moved off Waite.

8) Desperately missing small forwards - Lloyd & Lennon would have been handy! ::)

9) We're still the laughing stock of the AFL.

10) We can be reffered as eigthmond from now on.

11) No-one will beat Freo or West Coast anyway.

12) Game was lost at the selection table.

13) Wouldn't be surprised to see some quality kids walk out and who could blame them.

evo said:
run of the mill u15s coaches don't fall for the spare man trick, but Hardwick falls for it every time.

Mind boggling. It really grinds my gears

Yes. One of Hardwick's major flaws is his lack of basic tactics on match day. That and his repeated selection mistakes are glaring weaknesses in Hardwick the coach.
Surely it must be obvious that Hardwick doesn't have what it takes to take the club to the next step.
We need a Mark RIccudo behind the scenes to get this club pushing for top four.
Question is do we have a MArk RIccudo at the club?

Dev Tiger said:
It's very frustrating that they didn't leave everything out on the ground today. They really needed to make a stand today and not surrender meekly. Cotch, Ellis and Edwards all had ten or less possessions and their worst games for a longtime. They should watch the Swans game against Freo. They had every reason to turn up the toes but they fought on. Joey Kennedy was magnificent the way he willed himself into the contest.

Respect is earned in finals in the heat of battle. When the heat came on we went to water. We rightly won't have the football worlds respect until we can stand up when it counts. North basically tanked last week so they could play us this week. The showed a gross lack of respect. They wanted to play us because they thought we are mentally week and they were proved correct.

The players let themselves down badly today. It will either burn in their gut and they will respond next year or this leadership and coaching group will slip into mediocrity.

How did Kennedy get past us? We traded for anything with legs back then.

Worst thing is, if we go back to the game day thread from the 2013 final against Carlton people were probably saying the same things about the same players.

2 years later and the same thing keeps happening.

Been hearing about finals losses burning in the players guts for 2 years. They get a chance to atone and we have our fearless leader saying he and other players picked and chose. WTF, its the biggest game in the club's recent history and that happened? When will these morons get it?

And we hear Hardwick stripped paint off the walls after the game. Big *smile* deal.

Talk the talk but can't walk the walk. Always talking about tomorrow while foregoing the chance to seize today.

I usually get over this type of thing after a nights sleep, but I still feel flat today. yesterday was as deflating as it can get. I have always considered the 1 point loss to Sydney in round 21 2000 as the most shattering loss in my time supporting Richmond, but I think yesterday may have topped this. finishing 9th year after year is less painful than 3 consecutive elimination finals losses. not only do we have to wait at least 12 months for redemption, but when the time comes around next year, we'll all be petrified at the thought of not getting redemption... and we're just the fans, imagine how the players feel? its gonna do their heads in.

Was reading up on the stats. 283 possessions for the match which was our lowest for the season. Contested possessions was 148 to 115. If the differential is more than 30, the average winning margin is 44 points. Cochins 9 possessions was his lowest in 5 years and an equal career low. I thought we were in the game right up until the end, but the statistically the scoreboard flattered us. we were well beaten. We have to face the facts… we choke in September.

Ian4 said:
Was reading up on the stats. 283 possessions for the match which was our lowest for the season.I was shocked when I got home and saw how few pi
I was shocked when I got home and saw how few possessions most of our players had.I mean Ellis and Grigg arent the greatest players of all time but they nearly always get plenty of pill.

Shank got 8 possessions FFS and Cotch 9!

Nine!

What the hell?