Game Day - Richmond v North Melbourne, Elimination Final 2015 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Richmond v North Melbourne, Elimination Final 2015

Walked past the TV this morning and my little boy was watching the reply..

Just like i did 30 years ago. Was about to say to him "Hey stop watching as they will break your heart a few times in the next 30 years".

I just let him be..

I'm still not over it..

B2

Tigers of Old said:
That's how the result felt to me.

It didn't to me, it felt like they were hanging on for the majority of the game and we couldn't put them away. I know stats etc might suggest otherwise, and some may disagree, but thats just the vibe I got.

tigersnake said:
It didn't to me, it felt like they were hanging on for the majority of the game and we couldn't put them away. I know stats etc might suggest otherwise, and some may disagree, but thats just the vibe I got.

That's what I felt too. I thought it was a cracking game with two teams both playing good football for long periods. Their height got us in the end. They were taller at both ends of the ground and Goldstein was sensational in the middle. They had a gameplan of forcing the long kick down the line to play to their strength but we nearly got them anyway.

In the end, they were just a bit too good. That is why it was so frustrating. Of the three finals losses, this one was the most frustrating because we just fell short.

Stats are often meaningless.

As the spread to stop the switch, as they did in EF Mark I, we should have gone in with plan to run the ball out of the back half. Put Lids back and him, along with Rance and Houli, should have been told to run, run and run some more. Instead we just stuck with the same ol', same ol'.

tigersnake said:
Up until well into the 3rd I felt like we were going to win. I just had the vibe that we would kick into gear and win it. Even up until the last 7-8 minutes I felt like we could win.
The non free to Titch didn't cost us the game imo but it was the point where I lost hope
That's why I have 50% despair over the loss and 50% hope. I feel like if we have one final where we put it together and won we will become a different team. It will free us up somehow.

Sintiger said:
That's why I have 50% despair over the loss and 50% hope. I feel like if we have one final where we put it together and won we will become a different team. It will free us up somehow.

I agree, I was hoping this would be the final that this would happen, but can we improve next season? It might depend on the quality and mind set of the recruits in the off season...

tigersnake said:

I do disagree on this one. I felt we were well beaten around the packs for much of the day but it became particular noticeable in the third term that we weren't going to win. Lucky not to be thumped in the end.

I thought the moment Chaplin did his comedy routine in front of goals at the start of the 3rd there was an air of inevitability about the result.

Tigers of Old said:
I do disagree on this one. I felt we were well beaten around the packs for much of the day but it became particular noticeable in the third term that we weren't going to win. Lucky not to be thumped in the end.

same...said to the Mrs half-way through the third...."*smile*, We're Gone,"

like the above post...had a glimmer of hope with 7 or 8 mins to go but when that non free kick wasnt paid, it was shut the gate.

I thought the coaching was poor TBH by Hardwick after coaching well in the H&A season.