Game Day - Richmond v North Melbourne, Elimination Final 2015 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Richmond v North Melbourne, Elimination Final 2015

fatcat said:
I bought memberships, went to Whitten Oval & Lavington to see a practise matches, to Punt Road oval to see the seconds, God knows what.

Feels like we didn't turn up.

God I hope Sydney smash that mob. Can't believe what just happened.

tigerlee said:
I'm gutted. Had that umpire paid holding the ball, the momentum may have been with us. Instead, North took it down and kicked a goal. Can't beat dumb umpiring. Not saying we would have won had it been paid but it would have put us in front. You never know.

Did we also get a goal from a questionable 50 to Edwards? Can't really blame the umpiring today imo.

This is the worst loss of the three I recon. It was there for the taking. I've never considered trashing my membership but not much to respect from at least four of our leaders today :vomit :vomit

Got beaten when the ball was on the deck all day.Only Dusty seemed to be able to get any momentum. We looked flat-footed while a 30-*smile*-7 year old spent the whole day on his bike.

Lost it at selection table
Screwing with the winning formula by dropping the exact small fowards we need in Lennon and Lloyd was the dumbest decision I can recall in decades

KnightersRevenge said:
Got beaten when the ball was on the deck all day.Only Dusty seemed to be able to get any momentum. We looked flat-footed while a 30-*smile*ing-7 year old spent the whole day on his bike.

and they ignored him all day :mad: How many times i was screaming pass the *smile* ball to Dusty ... he is right there only for it to be lobbed like a spike into the fwd line.

The team looked slow and the Griff & Conca show was worse than some Flemming & Marsh side show from last decade.

rosy23 said:
Did we also get a goal from a questionable 50 to Edwards? Can't really blame the umpiring today imo.
We did not deserve to win but the umpiring was poor.Frees paid at 1 end were not paid at the other end.

bullus_hit said:
Bottom 3 or 4 players still not up to it, I certainly hope we recruit well in the off season. North grabs Higgins & Waite and look at the difference.
Today that was Cotchin, Edwards, and Ellis. Don't think it was the bottom three that didn't step up today.

Lucky dusty and miles played well, even Newman played above his normal output, Ellis cotch lambert and lids struggled today, amazing we stayed in the game at all

arlobill said:
Screwing with the winning formula by dropping the exact small fowards we need in Lennon and Lloyd was the dumbest decision I can recall in decades

Even dumber than persevering with Morris in the forward line??

arlobill said:

This. Absolutely spot on. Diabolical decision to bring in 2 under prepared players lacking in match fitness. We would have had the edge on North with our rd 23 team

Bill James said:
Today that was Cotchin, Edwards, and Ellis. Don't think it was the bottom three that didn't step up today.

They all had very poor games but Batchelor on Waite was terrible, possibly a selection bungle but I've never been sold on him to start with. Conca kicked the ball like a mule, I've made my mind up that he needs to go, and Griffiths is trade bait as far as I'm concerned.

Cotchin had his worst game in his career, maybe he's flakey like some have suggested, doesn't appear to handle a tag well.

Im so angry, frustrated that i have enough adrenaline to sling tackle the old lady next door :mad:

We just weren't good enough for long enough. It broke my heart when conca missed houli when we were breaking through the middle, and when vickers missed in the dying minutes. Not blaming them for the loss, just noting them as moments that made me upset like a little kid.

Chaplin trying to get around nahas with the speed of a glacier also felt like a kick in the balls.

It feels hollow to say this now, but I hope they take something from today that will help them get better going forward. Nth gets the chocolates today, but we are closer to a premiership I feel, not that it means much right now.

tiger76 said:
We just weren't good enough for long enough. It broke my heart when conca missed houli when we were breaking through the middle, and when vickers missed in the dying minutes. Not blaming them for the loss, just noting them as moments that made me upset like a little kid.

Chaplin trying to get around nahas with the speed of a glacier also felt like a kick in the balls.

It feels hollow to say this now, but I hope they take something from today that will help them get better going forward. Nth gets the chocolates today, but we are closer to a premiership I feel, not that it means much right now.

I hope Buddy makes a miracular comeback. I hate Sydney, but seeing these cocky a-holes rest players and smug their faces all over us has changed my mind.

So many had shockers but playing griff and conca killed us . Baffling inclusions.