Game Day - Richmond Tigers vs Hawks | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Richmond Tigers vs Hawks

Stoked to see Chimp, Ivan, Snipper, Lambert and others using a bit of niggle to Hodge, Mitchell and Lewis, they didn't like it either.

It will be in for sure next time/ if we meet in September.

Look forward to what will be even better game than last night !

Baloo said:
Actually Clarkos pressed had nothing but praise and admiration for us I thought. He spoke more about why we beat them as opposed to why they lost.

yeah thought that too. He seemed to be aware of how we were dominating but couldn't muster his troops to do enough about it.

Just got off cloud nine. Spent the previous 20 hours riding clouds fifteen through ten.

Reckon I'll get back to ground floor next Thursday.

UKTiger said:
Even Paul Roos used our recent successes as a pre-game motivational tool for the Demons. We must have done something right.

Having Roosy jump on the bandwagon takes some of the gloss off for me

UKTiger said:
Even Paul Roos used our recent successes as a pre-game motivational tool for the Demons. We must have done something right.

Think Roosy should pay us one premiership point in commission. Melbourne won't need it this year.

Roos can go and get stuffed. Never want to see that smug face on our bandwagon.

Surreal experience the win. Team very low key following the siren….players obviously believe they have bigger rush to fry!

josey said:
Yeah I agree.

I don't think Lake meant it, but he pushed Vickery into the fence. Probably more negligent than nasty, but a free kick none the less.
We would have been ballistic if it had been against us. Looked more like ty stumbled back. But it neutralised that one step prior opportunity free against us.

tigersnake said:
what i loved about the win, apart from the obvious relentless ferocity.

1) the blocking the man on the mark (WTF is with that?),

Could not believe my eyes. I thought this was outlawed years ago, invented by Sheedy in his bomber days?
Maybe Andrew Gaze has had input to tactics at Waverley Park?

22nd Man said:
Could not believe my eyes. I thought this was outlawed years ago, invented by Sheedy in his bomber days?

Been going on all year.

There's another variation where a player blocks and when the man on the mark tries to go around him a third player takes him out.

22nd Man said:

Someone ( Robbo) wrote an article about this a few weeks ago. I'd never noticed before until it was highlighted but yeah, now it seems so obvious.

tigertim said:
Someone ( Robbo) wrote an article about this a few weeks ago. I'd never noticed before until it was highlighted but yeah, now it seems so obvious.
Pretty sure Colonwood were red hot on taking out the bloke on the mark a few years ago, seemed to have tapered off for a bit n now coming back in to play.

Wonder if anyone else noticed the little niggle between Grub n Hodgey with a minute or two to go in the game? Hodgey managed to sneak in a cute little shrug n clip that copped the Grub nicely in the face. Wasn't big enough to do damage, just a tidy little stinger that might cost Hodgey a dollar or two.