Game Day - Richmond Tigers vs Hawks | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Richmond Tigers vs Hawks

They had a belief that winning is their right. Good reality check for them. Still th team to beat

tigerman said:
We will be very hard to beat if we continue to have 2 and 3 men in the tackle, it was outstanding.

I loved that four man tackle on Rioli just after he got his crapola free for falling over. That is what I was talking about when I posted that we needed to stand up to them. They played like men last night.

PBoRSM said:
They had a belief that winning is their right. Good reality check for them. Still th team to beat
I think that winning is their right is more a supporter thing than a player one. In hindsight the Carlton game was not a great tune up for a team that was going to take it right up to them. They didn't have to produce any intensity last week and weren't prepared for it when they had to last night. The Tigers on the other hand were pissed off about letting a match they should have won slip, and they were going to take it out on someone, regardless of reputation.

The Hawkers really put it on us in the second quarter, in days gone by we would have wilted. But the Mighty Tiges would not be denied, it's different this time.

TOT70 said:
I loved that four man tackle on Rioli just after he got his crapola free for falling over. That is what I was talking about when I posted that we needed to stand up to them. They played like men last night.
Rioli really didn't like it, either. May have become a bit too used to his bigger friends backing him up and got a shock when Richmond wouldn't let them do it. He's a little lucky that the punch he threw at Chaplin didn't land.

TOT70 said:

My favourite play of the night.

TOT70 said:

The earlier gang tackle on Mitchell set the standard IMO.

Hawthorn didn't like their own medicine. Reminded me of the Tigers of the late '60s early '70s - hard at it and non compromising.

BUT

Last weekend in July is not the last weekend in September. There is a lot of twists and turns still left in this Tiger season IMO.

tigerman said:
We will be very hard to beat if we continue to have 2 and 3 men in the tackle, it was outstanding.

One of the funniest moments and what typified for me the attitude of the Tiges was the Rioli incident.
After slipping and ducking, Newman landed over him. He stood up, ball in hand, expecting the free before the ump blew his whistle, 3 Tigers pounced on him and decked him again. Mauled him :)

Ridley said:
Really? We weren't gifted two goals like they were due to insane free kicks to Gunston and Rioli. Putrid effort again umpires :vomit

Agree - we got a freebie for Tyrone's goal but he still had to kick the miracle banana from the boundary.

Also I thought one of their goals in the second was touched off the boot - no review, goal stood.

Al Bundy said:
One of the funniest moments and what typified for me the attitude of the Tiges was the Rioli incident.
After slipping and ducking, Newman landed over him. He stood up, ball in hand, expecting the free before the ump blew his whistle, 3 Tigers pounced on him and decked him again. Mauled him :)

Yeah, that was awesome. He kicked the goal but would have been feeling the bruises today.

nice....

CLSLg6RUcAALu0u.jpg:large

Looking forward to the crows vs swans match
Be the first time I've ever barracked for the crows

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Trivia snippet - scored 10 goals the past six MCG games. First club to kick the same number of goals six times in a row at one venue.

Must be the secret code. We reached the max. 10 last week and started kicking behinds. ;D

What have the TIGES done to David Parkin , never misses an opportunity to pot the Tiges .No votes to Lids last night .
Miles 3
Lewis 2 WTF
Cotch 1 .
Also gave Fyffe 2 votes when we beat Freo .

TigerForce said:
Must be the secret code. We reached the max. 10 last week and started kicking behinds. ;D

Dimma's said to the boys "our defence is so good we only need ten goals to beat anyone - so stop kicking em when we hit the double figures".

antman said:
Agree - we got a freebie for Tyrone's goal but he still had to kick the miracle banana from the boundary.

the free was warranted. Fencing someone is the most dangerous thing you can do in footy. It wasnt the most egregious example, but it was there nevertheless.

evo said:
the free was warranted. Fencing someone is the most dangerous thing you can do in footy. It wasnt the most egregious example, but it was there nevertheless.

Yeah I agree.

I don't think Lake meant it, but he pushed Vickery into the fence. Probably more negligent than nasty, but a free kick none the less.

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned earlier, but it the first quarter it looked to me like a Hawks player stepped over the line while kicking in, and one looked close when one of our players kicked the ball in, has that rule vanished? Should have been at least one ball up IMO.

Nit picking, I know... :p