Game Day - Richmond Tigers vs Hawks | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Richmond Tigers vs Hawks

feisty tige said:
I'm not sure if it has been mentioned earlier, but it the first quarter it looked to me like a Hawks player stepped over the line while kicking in, and one looked close when one of our players kicked the ball in, has that rule vanished? Should have been at least one ball up IMO.

Nit picking, I know... :p

It will probably be rule of the week next week.

josey said:
Yeah I agree.

I don't think Lake meant it, but he pushed Vickery into the fence. Probably more negligent than nasty, but a free kick none the less.

Lake pushed him definitely, but Ty milked it for all it was worth ;)

and good on him

josey said:
Yeah I agree.

I don't think Lake meant it, but he pushed Vickery into the fence. Probably more negligent than nasty, but a free kick none the less.

I'm not bothered by getting the free kick at all
Justice for the free kick (goal) against miles for holding the ball (no attempt eh umpire? - eye roll)

I wonder if the Clarko-Carey war on benching Frawley for 20 minutes and bringing Hartung on to spark the team is going to erupt through the week as another 'rule or regulation' review.

TigerForce said:
I wonder if the Clarko-Carey war on benching Frawley for 20 minutes and bringing Hartung on to spark the team is going to erupt through the week as another 'rule or regulation' review.
Geez the Duck was seething at the end of the show, for Clarkos sake hope he didnt run into him in the car park

CC TIGER said:
Geez the Duck was seething at the end of the show, for Clarkos sake hope he didnt run into him in the car park

Weren't they teammates at North during the early 90s?

jb03 said:
Missed all that, what happened?

Frawley subbed for "concussion", Duck alleged that Clarko was exploiting the rule to give Hartung a run, Frawley comes back on after the "all clear". Creative coaching by Clarko I reckon.

You could see Frawley shrugging his shoulders on the bench as if to say "WTF I ain't concussed". Needs to be better briefed by the bench staff - "next time if I wink at you act groggy and start rubbing your head".

what i loved about the win, apart from the obvious relentless ferocity.

1) Stayed focused, all Hawthorn's boundary pushing tactics had zero effect, the blocking the man on the mark (WTF is with that?), the rabbit punches, the mouthing off etc. Water off a ducks back, if anything made is play better.
2) Team effort, enough said.
3) No over the top celebrations. Goal or after match. Matter of fact, sing the song, bring on next week-vibe

antman said:
Frawley subbed for "concussion", Duck alleged that Clarko was exploiting the rule to give Hartung a run, Frawley comes back on after the "all clear". Creative coaching by Clarko I reckon.

You could see Frawley shrugging his shoulders on the bench as if to say "WTF I ain't concussed". Needs to be better briefed by the bench staff - "next time if I wink at you act groggy and start rubbing your head".

Thanks, interesting. On reflection, i wonder why it hasn't been done before (or pehaps it has).

tigersnake said:

1) Stayed focused, all Hawthorn's boundary pushing tactics had zero effect, the blocking the man on the mark (WTF is with that?), the rabbit punches, the mouthing off etc. Water off a ducks back, if anything made is play better.
3) No over the top celebrations. Goal or after match. Matter of fact, sing the song, bring on next week-vibe

Agree snakey. Media-hype is what used to kill us before.

Good to see Dimma's a calm and collected bloke with no OTT emotion or ego as Spud and even Wallace showed respectively.

Watching the game again. When Jack went for his speccy in the third he actually got pulled down to the ground by his hair! I thought so last night but looking at it again confirmed it.

I must admit that would have fired me up but Jack didn't even whinge.

"You can whip me, beat me, rape me - but if you touch my hair you die!"

Could be a few MRP reviews on this game. Someone on BF uploaded a still shot of Mitchell doing something dodgy on Lambert.

Brettstigers said:
Watching the game again. When Jack went for his speccy in the third he actually got pulled down to the ground by his hair! I thought so last night but looking at it again confirmed it.

I think it was Gibson (?) dragged Jack's right shoulder and possibly hair but he definately dragged Jack down, with no hint of a free from the ump, obviously too obvious a free kick. Umps had a shocker last night... Again.

tigersnake said:

good post and I agree with a lot of that. Hawk looked like the sooks tonight, including their sour puss coach.

Actually Clarkos pressed had nothing but praise and admiration for us I thought. He spoke more about why we beat them as opposed to why they lost.

Tony Braxton-Hicks said:
When is the next blue moon?

May 21, 2016 most likely to be Round 9 - Dreamtime game where Beano breaks out with 10 goals and Kingpin JimmyBoy is finally sacked.