Game Day - Richmond Tigers vs Hawks | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Richmond Tigers vs Hawks

More than happy for the media to not take us seriously. Let them keep pumping the PIes as the best team not to make the finals ever.

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Thought Mitchell's handball was excellent - some real bullets - but Lewis was slow to get into the game and didn't have a huge impact. Stats were healthy though, so maybe he was the token player plucked out from the losing team.
I was surprised when I saw Lewis' stats after the game. For a guy who got 30+ possessions he didn't seem to have a lot of influence on the game. If I'd had to find a Hawk to give votes to it would have been Mitchell. They were pretty well covered all over the ground on the night, credit to us for doing it.

TigerForce said:
So Jonathan Brown reckons Hawks had an off-day....hmm. I admittedly said the Hawks were due for a loss, as any club would be after 8 wins in a row, but I didn't expect us to win the way we did. I can't buy what Brown said and have heard this rubbish reason from the footy media many times before when we unexpectedly won against big teams in the past.

Fair enough.
Brown isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.
He had 2 choices.
1. Analysis and Dissect the game on why Richmond won (obviously would have hurt his brain) or
2. Just say the Hawks had a off day. (don't need to use too many brain cells)

DirtyDogTiger said:
Interesting to note the lopsided scoring end 13 goals to 4.
Richmond scored 4 at the non dominant end
Hawks kicked zero.

Maybe the Earth was on a funny tilt given the blue moon ;D

DirtyDogTiger said:
Jordan Lewis has come out and blamed the playing surface.
He Said he may as well play on Anz surface

what a knob. its not like we weren't playing on it. bit upset the Hawks at getting done aren't they? arrogant thugs...

DirtyDogTiger said:

I'll be looking forward to AFL360 tonight then.

CarnTheTiges said:
I was surprised when I saw Lewis' stats after the game. For a guy who got 30+ possessions he didn't seem to have a lot of influence on the game. If I'd had to find a Hawk to give votes to it would have been Mitchell. They were pretty well covered all over the ground on the night, credit to us for doing it.

I said to a neutral mate during the game Lewis isn't having much influence and he agreed. Then I saw the votes in papers and thought its my biased eyes playing up, but seems I was on the money from a coaches perspective.

Thought Sam Mitchell had a good game, kept plugging away, rarely caught in a tackle and always getting a handball off to advantage

antman said:
Thought Sam Mitchell had a good game, kept plugging away, rarely caught in a tackle and always getting a handball off to advantage

Mitchell was comprehensively beaten by miles

Pantsed actually

DirtyDogTiger said:

Maybe Hodge didn't have his lite 'n easy meal before the match.

antman said:

Cotchin made his life hell.
And not just him, Lids didn't exactly give him an easy ride. Set the tone for the game when he kicked into Lids on the mark to give him his second goal of the night.

CarnTheTiges said:
And not just him, Lids didn't exactly give him an easy ride. Set the tone for the game when he kicked into Lids on the mark to give him his second goal of the night.

Loved that play. The look on Hodges' face as he watched the ball sail over his head was priceless.

Good/great (Hodge/Mitch) players have bad games as well not always because of the opposition, although in saying that when they do have a poor one its great our blokes like Miles make it worse and have a ripper...

Hodge looked out of sorts and position most of the night, just a bad game for him, back him to rebound, has had close to his best year in last 5 or so, been great this year and even though i hate the hawks love watching him play!

Yeah they can have off nights but I tend to think on Friday we were the cause of the off night. Their natural game was disrupted. They were confused, annoyed and didn't know what to do when all of a sudden their normal game couldn't be played.

Key for me was the aggressive niggle we gave before the bounce and then going 3 goals up straight after that. Had we conceded the first couple they may have gotten the psychological advantage. Instead they were probably thinking "WTF?" ?