Game Day - Richmond Tigers vs Hawks | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Richmond Tigers vs Hawks

Just had a haughty Hawks supporter (work colleague) claim that our win against them was an 'anomaly'. Dream on darlin', dream on.

Go Toigs! said:
Just had a haughty Hawks supporter (work colleague) claim that our win against them was an 'anomaly'. Dream on darlin', dream on.

What about the other two times we've beaten them in the past 3 years? To me, sounds like their win last year was the anomaly

tigerman said:
Stoked to see Chimp, Ivan, Snipper, Lambert and others using a bit of niggle to Hodge, Mitchell and Lewis, they didn't like it either.

Wathing the 'tough tigers' highlights, Mitchell especially looked positively frazzled, like a kid who had his icy pole taken off him.

Go Toigs! said:

A very comprehensive anomoly. As long as we're the anomoly that they can't beat, I'm cool with that.

Have to agree.

I loved the fact that our players won the fights and the match.

I especially liked the fact that MItchell looked scared half the time and was playing for free kicks almost every time someone went near him, he looked like he was going to cry.

My favourite part was the bit where Trent Cotchin challenged Hodge physically and won. The Hawks looked offended at our little champs temerity, but by the end of the game they knew that they had been beaten up, and outplayed comprehensively

I haven't seen Hodge make as many mistakes as I did the other night, out of bounds on the full, kicking into the man on the mark, he is a bad loser as well as the punch on Grimes was weak as p!ss.

I hope we play these guys in September because I think we have their measure what is it? 3/4?

On the subject of interfering with the bloke on the mark, in the second Frawley actually engages Conca on the mark before any play on was called. I've no idea why this isn't picked up but maybe this will be the next rule the umpires will start to enforce.

sausage_meat69 said:
On the subject of interfering with the bloke on the mark, in the second Frawley actually engages Conca on the mark before any play on was called. I've no idea why this isn't picked up but maybe this will be the next rule the umpires will start to enforce.

I saw and heard the umpires tell them off for doing just that. Stopped play a couple of times, told the 3rd bloke to move away as he hadn't called "play on".
About time they focussed on that practice. The man standing the mark is unaware, I reckon it's weak.
The other action is when a player plays on when the umpire is setting the mark and uses the umpire as a screen. He should be brought back and told to take the kick when the umpire moves away

Go Toigs! said:

It was an anomaly for Hawthorn, they don't lose often. But it also may be that there's a new sheriff in town.

AFLCA
9 Deledio
7 Miles
4 Cotchin, Maric, Rance
2 Gunston

Season
53 Cotchin (eq 8th)
45 Martin (eq 16th)
36 Edwards (30th)
31 Ellis, Rance (eq 37th)
30 Deledio (eq 42nd)
23 Riewoldt (eq 71st)
19 Houli (eq 93rd)
18 Grigg (eq 97th)
17 Miles (eq 103rd)
8 Chaplin, Maric (eq 167th)
7 Hunt (eq 179th)
5 McIntosh, Vlastuin (eq 201st)
2 Lambert (eq 249th)
1 Hampson, Lennon (eq 273rd/297)

So Jonathan Brown reckons Hawks had an off-day....hmm. I admittedly said the Hawks were due for a loss, as any club would be after 8 wins in a row, but I didn't expect us to win the way we did. I can't buy what Brown said and have heard this rubbish reason from the footy media many times before when we unexpectedly won against big teams in the past.

TigerForce said:
So Jonathan Brown reckons Hawks had an off-day....hmm. I admittedly said the Hawks were due for a loss, as any club would be after 8 wins in a row, but I didn't expect us to win the way we did. I can't buy what Brown said and have heard this rubbish reason from the footy media many times before when we unexpectedly won against big teams in the past.

Saw that lol.

I think he called us the small cover band also when we lost earlier in the year.
That's another to add to the billion in the media who hate the mighty Tiges! :hihi

Awful lot of teams have had "off" days against the Tiges hehehehe.
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

TigerForce said:

And only during the week didn't he write a piece talking us up ( perhaps the week before)

So we do know now he doesn't write his own stories for the Hun

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
AFLCA
9 Deledio
7 Miles
4 Cotchin, Maric, Rance
2 Gunston

Really makes you wonder what game some of the scribes were watching when they can give Lewis or Mitchell the 2 votes on 774 and in the Age.

WesternTiger said:
Really makes you wonder what game some of the scribes were watching when they can give Lewis or Mitchell the 2 votes on 774 and in the Age.

Thought Mitchell's handball was excellent - some real bullets - but Lewis was slow to get into the game and didn't have a huge impact. Stats were healthy though, so maybe he was the token player plucked out from the losing team.

I thought the dream time jumper looked awesome. I hope they use the same design again next year, maybe in reverse colours if it is our turn to wear the "away" strip.

smasha said:
Saw that lol.

I think he called us the small cover band also when we lost earlier in the year.
That's another to add to the billion in the media who hate the mighty Tiges! :hihi

Awful lot of teams have had "off" days against the Tiges hehehehe.
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
The 'little covers band' comment was referring to the Gold Coast and their rock star attitude on the back of Ablett Jr's heroics last season. He can think what he likes, but the fact is that Richmond have beaten 3 of the top 4 this year and that suggests that Friday night was not simply a one off.