Game Day - Richmond Tigers vs GWS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Richmond Tigers vs GWS

thejinx said:
Impressed with that last quarter. Sign of a good team to pull together and get across the line and win ugly.

Even the best teams have off days, it's all about the result at the end of the day and we came through like a good team should.

Cotch was fantastic in that last quarter. Has turned into a real inspirational leader.

Couldn't agree more. Ive been a critic of cotch over the journey. Turned from one of the worst leaders in the comp to up there with the best.

just going to my CD collection and will drag out and watch The Great Escape. Seems appropriate some how.....

Chimp another huge captains effort.

GWS are a serious hard at it side who played well. Hard fought win the sign of a good side. Leaders really stood up in the last including big Ivan. Don't undersell this win, GWS were a fierce opponent.

AMPS said:
Chimp another huge captains effort.

GWS are a serious hard at it side who played well. Hard fought win the sign of a good side. Leaders really stood up in the last including big Ivan. Don't undersell this win, GWS were a fierce opponent.

True, but they're still kids. A harder and rougher game by us would've worked better, with only Jack and Rance putting the extra effort in.

Do not underrate GWS, they are full of first round draft class. Hard fought win. If we kicked straight it wouldn't have been so stressful...I thought mcintosh showed a bit when he came on. Newman has gotta go, can't keep his feet under pressure. Chimp, riewoldt and sir rancelot were the reason we got the job done in the end, they kept us within reach all day.

Like to hear some comments if you thought otherwise...

Cotchin and Edwards were sublime in the wet. Jack and Rance were huge again, and Deledio stood up when it counted in Q4

Winning ugly is a step forward. Take the points. Burn the tape.

Captain get us over the line. Huge. Two weeks in a row.

Cotchin_4_brownlow said:
Do not underrate GWS, they are full of first round draft class. Hard fought win. If we kicked straight it wouldn't have been so stressful...I thought mcintosh showed a bit when he came on. Newman has gotta go, can't keep his feet under pressure. Chimp, riewoldt and sir rancelot were the reason we got the job done in the end, they kept us within reach all day.

Like to hear some comments if you thought otherwise...

Yep. Newman's best to retire and drop to help the 2nds. We really need Lloyd and McDonough in attack to help Jack.

Giardiasis said:
Cotchin and Edwards were sublime in the wet. Jack and Rance were huge again, and Deledio stood up when it counted in Q4

Yep it was our leaders/guns that got us over the line. Need more from the Bottom 6 f we are to push for top 4. Hunt/Newman/lambert on shaky ground.

Thank Christ for that! Ugly, lucky win. Hardwick seems to struggle coaching us at the MCG of late. Teams appear to have worked us out there and it's up to him to find a way around it. Cotchin, Riewoldt and Rance. Those were the guys that won us the game, Sheds had a nice cameo as well. Umpiring was about the worst I've seen all season. I don't ordinarily buy into the commentators hate us that goes on around here after every game, but today was extraordinarily biased. Clearly the AFL have issued an instructive to the commentators that they are to talk up GWS at every possible opportunity.

Actually thought Gordon played well today as a link up half forward. Gets to space and gives an option.

Still can't see Lambert being anything other than a good VFL player. Doesn't offer much with or without the ball.

To the true Tiger believers "Eat em alive" !!!! To the weak who bag our club when things get tough , hang your head in shame !!!! Hardwicks 3/4 time spray got us over the line !! On the Tiggy train to the finals , get on and support or follow someone else !!! Cotchin, Rance , Edwards