Game Day - Richmond Tigers vs Crows | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Richmond Tigers vs Crows

Giardiasis said:
How can we be so poor compared to last week?
Houli not the worst; Bachelor shocking. I know we lost Grimes, but seriously has Dimma put him on Betts rather than Hunt. Eddie has pulled his pants down. Houli has done some good things but put under huge pressure tonight and cracked a couple of times but at least he rebounded at times and hit some targets. Bachelor a plodder who does little then turns it over even when kicking without pressure; can't even get it off his boot properly when all by himself.

Posh I've drunk a few so forgive me for being so negative but all this talk of us being top 4 and flag contenders...gives me the $hits..take it week by week. Finals ain't a lock.

we wont finish 5th after tonight

7th at best because we wont win the last 4 games

we never beat North and not at Etihad

Selectors for gods sake get your team balance right

This just reinforces the folly of wasting time with players like hampson and newman.

We really need to be more proactive in getting games into younger players if we want to be
anything more than a 5-8 quality team.

The non selection opf Mcbean given his form is a ******* disgrace.

Dimma please never EVER do i want to see 2 dinosaurs in the team with Hampson and maric, would rather lose the hit outs and have another runner....

This game should be the last time we see ivan and hampster in same team again

LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Who here has spouted that? Don't put the media's *smile* in Richmond supporters' mouths.

upset as you are....but this team get so far ahead of themselves. ..

Consistency of performance I'm sure stiffy will trot this line out..it's his favourite..

Weak as p!$$

Ive not met one single tiger fan whom had the slightest sense of us been top 4 let alone a flag; other dicks in media and others have said it, our lack of depth hurts us and we came over to loose tonite as how the hell do crows almost triple our scoring shots.

Losing Grimes could mean real trouble. Means Bachelor and Hunt need to take it up a level and I don't see that likely to happen.

leon said:
Houli not the worst; Bachelor shocking. I know we lost Grimes, but seriously has Dimma put him on Betts rather than Hunt. Eddie has pulled his pants down. Houli has done some good things but put under huge pressure tonight and cracked a couple of times but at least he rebounded at times and hit some targets. Bachelor a plodder who does little then turns it over even when kicking without pressure; can't even get it off his boot properly when all by himself.

Agree on Batch, should not have been put on Betts. Hunt seemed like the obvious choice once Grimes went off, really missed Grimes in the 2nd half.

Having said that wouldn't have mattered much today, contested footy tonight was poor, poor with clearances, contested ball, tackles etc

A good old fashion shelacking , lucky we didn't loose by over 10 goals.Did we have any winners on the ground tonight and Hammer and Maric in the same side should never happen again and if Lids pulled a sickie because Hardwick thought we could get over the line without him, pull your head in Dimma....We still need to make the eight still :mad:

Dev Tiger said:
Back in the battle for finals again. If you don't bring effort you can't win. 74 to 37 inside fifties. Forward line non functional. Twelve scoring shots. Smashed everywhere. A week is a lifetime in football.
Yep. Which is why it's best not to over react to a win and not to over react to a loss either.

we need to move on and concentrate on next week now.

The lesson is never ever play Maric and Hampson in the same team. I have just about always defended Dimma but i can't defend that.

Let's get over this one quick, but don't underestimate ANY opponent, especially the Suns 'cause I might be able to get to that game!

Hampson 1 disposal for game and 1 tackle

did not play last week in the VFL but came straight in

problem is - Lids and Edwards aside - there is not much else ready to play AFL

maybe Dea, maybe Morris, maybe Astbury, maybe McBean

Knights and C Ellis always injured - same with Griffiths

Sintiger said:
The lesson is never ever play Maric and Hampson in the same team. I have just about always defended Dimma but i can't defend that.

Hardwick knew the battle started with Jacobs, came equipped for the job and got slaughtered. Not sure where that leaves our ruck stocks going forward.

At least the bandwagon will have some empty seats after tonight, it was getting a bit full with all these
so called experts jumping on.

Is there anything worse than these so called experts, especially the ex players...

Tippett killed Jacobs last week because he ran him around

we play Hampson who is too slow

Yes I think that's the end of the two ruckman plan, except if we ever play Freo again! I suppose we stick with Eevan but Hampson is a better tap ruckman, so a Jacobs will beat Maric soundly. Doubt we can ever go very far in finals with either, with all respect due to Eevan for his effort. But I cannot believe how badly crows beat us in and around the contests, and completely out-tackled us. We were the hunted tonight and we were slain. Hate the way umps just on our opponents bandwagon and ignore the same infraction against us, but pay it to our opponents. AFL's even-up the competition policy. Tigers were going too well, had to be pulled back into line.