Game Day R21 - Foldnorf v Richmond at the Dump | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day R21 - Foldnorf v Richmond at the Dump

Crap.

You have said ad nauseum that trading certain players would be the “nuclear” option and set the list back but the strong signs are you’ve been wrong on that all along.

Then you come in here like Mary Poppins riding a Shetland shitting rainbow lollipops proclaiming that your optimism shines through the darkness and if we aren’t warmed by it then we just shouldn’t follow football.

You was wrong buddy and are doubling down on some sweetness and unicorns tripe.

As a self-styled list guru you’re more mr bean than Greg wells

Innit
Posh v Carter is already looking like a more exciting match than today’s.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Yep, Larkey the difference. Lynch or Lefau play we win. Teams don’t usually win games of footy with 40 odd entries into forward 50 and teams don’t usually lose with 60 entries inside 50. No forward line with dusty and Bolton doing bugger all inside 50.
lefau yet to show he is the “difference”

I'll say it again, Tigers are easy beats when we allow the opposition to chip kick and mark. Play man on man U idiots.

Reactions: 1 user
Can’t recall watching a worse Richmond team.

Can you remember what you had for breaky?

We lost by 100 points to swans in 2016 and everyone thought a flag was 75 years away

I was at The G for a 140pt flogging by north in the early 90's, and i was certain we'd win the flag that year

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I'll say it again, Tigers are easy beats when we allow the opposition to chip kick and mark. Play man on man U idiots.
It reckon it didn’t hurt us at all today. North chipped it around and for the most part didn’t get very far. I actually thought we played it pretty well from that perspective.

It was turnovers that hurt. To me the chip kicking was pretty ineffectual. Isn’t always but I thought it was today

Can you remember what you had for breaky?

We lost by 100 points to swans in 2016 and everyone thought a flag was 75 years away
Yeah a flag seemed light years away after that game. But that team had Dusty, Rance, Chimp, Jack, Sheds, Grimes et al. And they added Nank, Prestia and Caddy.

This team has um……………no players anything like that. It is a bad team. Exactly how long it remains bad remains to be seen.

Yeah a flag seemed light years away after that game. But that team had Dusty, Rance, Chimp, Jack, Sheds, Grimes et al. And they added Nani, Prestia and Caddy.

This team has um……………no players anything like that. It is a bad team. Exactly how long it remains bad remains to be seen.

Yeah were on the bottom step of a major rebuild.

This November, hopefully we being in some serious talent, take a few double steps

And we contend again 2029/30.

We might hit the jackpot and bring that forward a couple of years.

But were not gonna win many games for a few years.

Thats equalised footy

Yeah but it’s still a meaningless indicator. All it says is that you get the ball a bit but give it away because your skills are *smile*. Hence you lose most games.
Whatever

I’ve told you why I think it useful. If you don’t agree that’s up to you.

You r nothing if not consistent. Abusive and condescending.

Understandable why you admire David King. Hopeless at predictions and forecasting but knows everything in hindsight.
Oh you’re right. As a respected and well-loved poster on this site, I will heed your words.

Hahahahaha hahaha

Just like concussion after effects. That chaos game plan, IMO was stupid, too risky, skilless and has caused possible MS in some players.
So perhaps we should have played a bit safer n easier lower risk game style n won perhaps nil flags instead of three??? Yeah, Nah. Ya run what ya brung as hard as ya can for as long as ya can n deal with the consequences after. Broke a near 40 year drought of misery n incompetence, got 3 big fat juicy flags to sing n dance about. So now we've got to pay the piper for all that happy music n cop some lumps to the ego. Best thing about this is that we now get first pig out plate at a mega draft smorgasbord instead of the crumbs n dodgy leftovers of the last few drafts.

• Love
  • Haha
It was turnovers that hurt. To me the chip kicking was pretty ineffectual. Isn’t always but I thought it was today
Miller and Taranto both duking it out for ‘best turnover which led directly to an opposition goal’

However Baker, Graham, Brown & Dusty all left very gettable goals on the table.

The game was almost harder to lose than win when you add up the skill errors during play and missed gettable goals.

lefau yet to show he is the “difference”
Lynch is an intimidating #1 key forward who attracts multiple defenders otherwise coaches know he will win his majority of one on one contests. Lefau and now Kosi, will benefit enormously from Lynches presence. Once Gibcus gets on the park the keep position structure of our list is better than average. Based on this reality without any A grade draft picks we will have a sharp bounce in 2025.

Reactions: 1 users
I don’t care sin lol

(I like your posting btw)
Cantankerous I don’t mind, your persona, but crossed over that line imo.

However the hyperbolic Dalai Lama comment. I reckon Mr P has a good point. Way too much negativity on this site but also some taking their views way too seriously.

It’s a *smile* game in the end! Enjoy the ups and downs of footy.

If you don’t care then so be it.

Reactions: 7 users
Crap.

You have said ad nauseum that trading certain players would be the “nuclear” option and set the list back but the strong signs are you’ve been wrong on that all along.

Then you come in here like Mary Poppins riding a Shetland shitting rainbow lollipops proclaiming that your optimism shines through the darkness and if we aren’t warmed by it then we just shouldn’t follow football.

You was wrong buddy and are doubling down on some sweetness and unicorns tripe.

As a self-styled list guru you’re more mr bean than Greg wells

Innit

At least I stick to my guns. At the start of 2023, you were crowing about how we were winning the premiership with Hopper and Taranto in the midfield. The draft / trade strategy that we've had to employ has been linked to those trades. You were also talking about that time of having a "sprinkling" of top end talent as in a couple of top 5 picks. You are such a flipper that you now want 10 of them.

I've always been consistent that this is the year we have been planning to get into the top 10, I've been consistent in referring to our list build as a bit of a reverse listbuild, ie. get the role players and then add the stars when we get to this years draft.

The thing with you, is you love painting opinion as fact. You say I over rated the list yet I was very clear at the start of this year I had no idea where we sat, anywhere from 7th to 17th I think I said. Injuries have certainly ensured that we are right at the bottom of that pile.

My point about trying to be optimistic I stand by. Its not Mary Poppins crap, you have interests because YOU ENJOY THEM. If you don't enjoy them, find something else to do, its pretty simple, and I'm not going to have people tear my enjoyment levels down just to stick the boot in, all the time.

This forum is tiring and disconcerting at times but I don't put people on ignore as a matter of principle because I think everyone deserves their viewpoint. Maybe I should reassess that strategy otherwise my enjoyment is on the way down with the downright attacks when you have a differing opinion is incredibly tiring after a while.

If you don’t care then so be it.
Reckon there's a lot who "don't care", but they're still here and writing 400 words about why someone isn't good enough.

Our list is poor, we need to fill a lot of gaps, but I'm not sure our drafting will be poor because our president doesn't talk, or because Benny isn't as vocal, for example.

Yep, we're bottom of the ladder because we've been putrid. But I think our injuries are very much a driver for that.

Yeah a flag seemed light years away after that game. But that team had Dusty, Rance, Chimp, Jack, Sheds, Grimes et al. And they added Nank, Prestia and Caddy.

Balta, Gibcus, Brown, Campell and Smith. Balta is already an A grader. I think these other 4 will become A graders. I will back Miller, Bauer and Tresize to become very reliable consistent players and then we have this years bumper draft (assuming Baker , Graham and Bolton go). Clarke and McauLiffe show natural footy smarts. That, in my opinion is already a solid base - 10 players. Apart from Miller, all these players are high footy IQ (Balta's tap on today was so instinctive).

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user