Game Day R21 - Foldnorf v Richmond at the Dump | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day R21 - Foldnorf v Richmond at the Dump

Of course there have been worse games. That’s not the point. Seeing as you have such a great memory, tell me when was the last time we won 2 games for the year, had a % as low as 63 and not scoring 100 points in a single game.

History in the making. Worst ever.
2007 2 wins 64.71% we kicked 100 3 or 4 times but our opposition also kicked 100+ 14 times. 9 players played every game compared to 1 so far this year so presumably far fewer injuries.

People unfortunately have short memories as if we've never been poor before. It was only 7 years ago that we we were still wondering whether we'd ever see another premiership after 37 years.

Edit, sorry it was 3 wins & draw, was 2 wins after 20 rounds (thanks for picking up on that Ridley)

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
2007 2 wins 64.71% we kicked 100 3 or 4 times but our opposition also kicked 100+ 14 times. 9 players played every game compared to 1 so far this year so presumably far fewer injuries.

People unfortunately have short memories as if we've never been poor before. It was only 7 years ago that we we were still wondering whether we'd ever see another premiership after 37 years.
Not sure where you got those numbers. 2007 we had 3 wins and a draw.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Results show we are ground zero. However, context is important. The injuries have been THE reason why we are last. The way some people view the list is if we have had a fit list all year. Connection in footy is huge - if you have actually played the game you would understand this fact! Injuries have meant the footy connection has been non existent. Only one player has played all the games this year. That is not a feeling. It is a fact.
The context is that we are a post dynasty team that is a mere shadow of it's former glory with almost no young A-Grade talent coming through. Quite a few in the media tipped us to finish bottom three for that reason. Remember we were coming off a 13th finish in 2023. That was the direction we were heading. Even with let's say a season of 'normal injury' that is probably the best we could have aspired to. Lower mid-table mediocrity.

And that's assuming that ageing players in their twilight could have somehow held back time and that some players with already bad injury histories could have somehow became less injury prone. In which case ground zero might have been pushed back maybe another year or so but not indefinitely. In a way we are very fortunate it's happening now, the worst thing we could have done is hang on by a fingernails in no-man's land and then bottom out as Tasmania enters the draft.

Anyhow that's the context. We are not very good, our youth is the poorest in the league, some of our best players are in serious age related decline and/or are chronically injury prone, and even if we had 'continuity' we would have been at best a lower middling team on the ladder. Them are my 'facts', that it's going to be a long hard climb back. And I strongly suspect, as our hoarding of top 20 draft picks will indicate, that the club will agree with me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Not sure where you got those numbers. 2007 we had 3 wins and a draw.
Hmm sorry I saw 2 somewhere must have misread but we were only 2 wins (and a draw) after 20 games played and there were 9 who played every game ie the nucleus was very stable and nowhere near the number of injuries. There were extenuating circumstances for finishing last, much harder to research but I can't remember a year of such injury including 5 ACLs.

Reactions: 4 users
I'm looking for the little signs each week from our young fellas, and for each to hopefully make more of them. Hopefully others can start to find their little things too.
Banks’ kick inboard from the outside of his right boot was *smile* sensational.

Brown, considering he’s spent 5 minutes forward has been really promising (so far). If he was a bit stronger and more experienced would have taken an additional 2-3 marks today.

Green seems a natural footballer that knows where to bob up.

Mansell will never be a world beater but is turning into a solid citizen.

Some of the overlap running from half back (which did break down due to skill errors) looked really good (at times).

Being able to enjoy watching the team atm requires an appreciation of context.

Not sooking and pitchforks.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
With the midfield we had in against theirs I thought we did ok. Taranto, Hopper, Graham and Prestia are all too slow and the problem is magnified when they line up there together.
Graham will go. It looks like Dion will get another year... Love him as a player but I am afraid he just isn't up to it any more.

Three more rounds to go. Don't know when Bauer, Blight or Gray return, but I'd like to see them again before the seasons end. Ditto, Brown, Campbell, Green, McAuliffe and Trezise.

Lefau's season looks to be over. He is also part of the future.

I don’t think I’ve seen a sh.tter Richmond team ever.
This team is a premier team compared to the 1989 and 2010 teams.
All you do is look at the back 6.
89 you had leys Smith Ryan Thomson Goodwin laffy Young
2010 thursfield McMahon mcgunane Newman Dea. A young Astbury & Rance

With the midfield we had in against theirs I thought we did ok. Taranto, Hopper, Graham and Prestia are all too slow and the problem is magnified when they line up there together.
Graham will go. It looks like Dion will get another year... Love him as a player but I am afraid he just isn't up to it any more.

Three more rounds to go. Don't know when Bauer, Blight or Gray return, but I'd like to see them again before the seasons end. Ditto, Brown, Campbell, Green, McAuliffe and Trezise.

Lefau's season looks to be over. He is also part of the future.
Lefau’s seasons been over since he did his ACL and Grey’s since he did an 8 week hammy. You should check the injury list more often.

Reactions: 2 users
Biggest positive is that the rebuild has started.

Biggest negative is it will be a long rebuild!

Reactions: 1 user
What a ridiculously pompous and dramatic post.

Ignore or not, what do I care?

I will continue to point out when you are wr-wr-wr-wrong Mary Poppins.

As always, keep following the same crap, painting opinion as fact, but whatever flip flopper.

Why wasn't blight selected and given a go at FF??
Because Yze couldn't pick his nose let alone a team to play footy

Why wasn't blight selected and given a go at FF??
Because Yze couldn't pick his nose let alone a team to play footy
AFL season is a complete write-off, but the VFL team has a chance to make the finals.

Leave the kid there to learn his position, role, structures, etc etc etc and have a chance to play in some finals/ get us into the finals.

This was what Morris said for his last game; that which was squeezed in between byes... ***22 spoils!

Jacob Blight (23 disposals, 78% disposal efficiency, 22 spoils, four marks, six rebound-50s, three tackles)

“Something that stood out in Jacob's game was his aerial power. He had 22 spoils on the day, which is just a massive number, but I feel as though we can get a little bit more bang for buck with some of those aerial contests, but it was good to see him focus on playing the percentages in wet conditions, and it's a good starting point for him.”

Reactions: 2 users