Game Day R21 - Foldnorf v Richmond at the Dump | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day R21 - Foldnorf v Richmond at the Dump

I agree except I am not so down on the admin of the club. I reckon you will find that plenty is being done behind the scenes and tbh I am not sure why supporters think we need to shout it from the rooftops.

Let’s just let them do their jobs in the off season.
I'm not super down on the admin. As I said, I just have no idea who O'Rourke is or what he stands for or his vision for our great club.

As a Gold Member (or whatever level we are), I would have thought the club would have communicated such things to me (us), but they haven't.

Let them do their jobs, well duh...

Let me ask you Sin, do you feel you understand what is happening at our club with all these changes? If so, can you share with me what they are? I truly would like to know. Not asking to be a prat, I'd honestly like to feel I knew.

Last edited:
I'm away at the moment, but looking at the scores, looks to me like we kicked ourselves out of that game. 7 more scoring shots and we lost? Not good, but not as bad as it could be. If we had a forward line we likely would have won.

Not much fun bottoming out, but what matters is what you make if the situation. We can gnash our teeth and whinge. But I'm sure the club is looking at how to use the opportunity of early draft picks, and the opportunity of getting more early picks as a result of swaps last year, to improve the team and get competitive.

DS
Yep, Larkey the difference. Lynch or Lefau play we win. Teams don’t usually win games of footy with 40 odd entries into forward 50 and teams don’t usually lose with 60 entries inside 50. No forward line with dusty and Bolton doing bugger all inside 50.

Reactions: 1 user
I'd much rather be optimistic than be like some of the negative nancies on here. You have interests because you are supposed to enjoy them, yet some on here never seem to find any enjoyment in the Tiges, if I ever get that way, I think I'd walk away from footy and find something that gives me enjoyment. Thats why sometimes I might get a bit defensive when people on here try and tear you down when you might be the slightest bit optimistic about something.
Must say you’ve hit a purple patch of talking sense on this thread today, Posh.

Reactions: 5 users
I'm not super down on the admin. As I said, I just have no idea who O'Rourke is or what he stands for or his vision for our great club.

As a Gold Member (or whatever level we are), I would have thought the club would have communicated such things to me (us), but they haven't.

Let them do their jobs, well duh...

Let me ask you Sin, do you feel you understand what is happening at our club with all these changes? If so, can you share with me what they are? I would really like to know and feel great about them. :)
I don’t know what’s happening but I don’t expect to know. When we get a new CEO i will find out, when we settle the coaching staff I will find out.

To me there is absolutely no reason to suspect that there isn’t major planning and tactics being decided for the off season now.

We can all judge the decisions that get made over time.

That’s me, we are all different.

Reactions: 4 users
It’s the 4-5 years in the bottom rungs of the ladder winning no more than 4 games a year that I’m not looking forward to.

We will hopefully have the next Dusty Cotch and Jack which will make a huge difference, to me at least

I'd much rather be optimistic than be like some of the negative nancies on here. You have interests because you are supposed to enjoy them, yet some on here never seem to find any enjoyment in the Tiges, if I ever get that way, I think I'd walk away from footy and find something that gives me enjoyment. Thats why sometimes I might get a bit defensive when people on here try and tear you down when you might be the slightest bit optimistic about something.
Awesome post Mr P.

I went today with some family and friends and we enjoyed each other’s company, enjoyed parts of the game and came away pretty frustrated by most of it. But I supported the Tigers who have given me 8 premierships in my lifetime.

Bookmark it Posh. We are not as bad as many think we are, we will bounce back but in the meantime ….
GO TIGERS !!

Reactions: 12 users
Expected score had us comfortably in front. Poor finishing cost us today.
This expected score thing is *smile*. It’s predicated on the fact that you have players who can kick the ball well. We don’t kick our expected score because we have too many players who can’t kick.

It’s like saying Matt Shirvinton would beat Usain Bolt in the 100m sprint if he could run faster than him.

Reactions: 1 users
Gimme a spell lol

Sanctimonious much? You got the list wrong this year, about to get the drafting strategy wrong and now spouting Dalai Lama

• Dislike
You will in november
Yeh too much emotion about finishing with the wooden spoon. We are poor. We deserve pick 1. But I would much rather be following the tigers than the likes of Norf or Saints or bulldogs. Loser clubs permanently.

Reactions: 4 users
Can’t recall watching a worse Richmond team.

Plenty of experience out there so injuries no excuse. The senior players offer no leadership and are more often than not the ones who commit the horrible energy sapping errors.

We will down the bottom for a long time
I reckon 92 Tiges a special brand of *smile*.

Gimme a spell lol

Sanctimonious much? You got the list wrong this year, about to get the drafting strategy wrong and now spouting Dalai Lama

Sorry but how the *smile* have I got the draft strategy wrong? In all of my posts I've clearly said we were going to hit the draft hard at the pointy end this year whether thats accelerated further by player trades is obviously up for question but I have ALWAYS said this year is about getting as many picks inside 20. Show me where I have said anything else aside from that.

At least I'm consistent, over the last few years all you can be described as a flip flopper.

BTW I don't give a *smile* what you think of me, but stop trying to tear people down from trying to stay optimistic about some of the players we have.

Reactions: 2 users
I saw some small green shoots today, such as Campbell, who I’m now confident will become a good player for us.

As we all know, kids (a) take time and (b) are inconsistent. And as fans, we (a) have goldfish memories, forgetting recent good/bad games by player X and just judging him on today’s game and (b) we’re impatient knee-jerky catastrophisers spoilt by recent success. We loved Dow in the pre-season. We loved Miller 5 minutes ago. We’d written off Hugo and Banks.

Think we just have to let the cavalry get healthy, and let the kids make mistakes and get 50 games under their belts. In 2-3 years, with some old picks, we could “suddenly” come good, like the Hawks. They don’t have many obvious superstars but Mitchell has them enjoying their footy and playing go each other.

In fact, that might be the best thing Yze could do in this period - revive Dimma’s instruction to “enjoy your footy”. Take off the pressure; learn from mistakes and grow in confidence; support the older players. The wins might come.

Reactions: 6 users
This expected score thing is *smile*. It’s predicated on the fact that you have players who can kick the ball well. We don’t kick our expected score because we have too many players who can’t kick.

It’s like saying Matt Shirvinton would beat Usain Bolt in the 100m sprint if he could run faster than him.
It’s not meant to mean much except that it is a good measure of opportunity in a game.
The fact that we are often showing a better expected score than what our actual score is showing that we are well in games and the effort is strong. I quoted it a few times to dispel the myth that our effort was poor.
In some ways it is a pretty reliable indicator of the skill and connection gap we have.

Reactions: 1 users