Game Day R21 - Foldnorf v Richmond at the Dump | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day R21 - Foldnorf v Richmond at the Dump

From what i can gather most people have wanted Blight in the team and were a bit dismayed he got dropped after just his second game.

If building from the back half is the key to a solid team then we have real potential.

Balta, Gibcus and we need one of Miller or Blight to attain a consistent high level.
Bauer may make a decent third tall defender there is promise there.

Trezise well he looks promising and should be better for the experience at the level. Smith will be a regular with another preseason into him. Brown everyone seems to have written him off as a defender. Banks seems to me he is a running half back who knows with him. Keep Rioli and you have Vlastuin and Broad its a good group of defenders.

The back half while it can be improved is not a serious problem its everywhere else that we have a shedload of work to do.

Reactions: 1 user
From what i can gather most people have wanted Blight in the team and were a bit dismayed he got dropped after just his second game.

If building from the back half is the key to a solid team then we have real potential.

Balta, Gibcus and we need one of Miller or Blight to attain a consistent high level.

Trezise well he looks promising and should be better for the experience at the level. Smith will be a regular with another preseason into him. Brown everyone seems to have written him off as a defender. Banks seems to me he is a running half back who knows with him. Keep Rioli and you have Vlastuin and Broad its a good group of defenders.

The back half while it can be improved is not a serious problem its everywhere else that we have a shedload of work to do.
Agree our backline is okay but not great. Much better than other areas. Desperately need a massive boost in the midfield and forward line not far behind that. Huge drafts coming up in next 3 years.

Under no circumstance should we be trading future first round picks. They will be top 4 picks in next few years. Unless we can convince a young gun from another club to come to us but can’t see that happening.

Reactions: 2 users
Agree our backline is okay but not great. Much better than other areas. Desperately need a massive boost in the midfield and forward line not far behind that. Huge drafts coming up in next 3 years.

Under no circumstance should we be trading future first round picks. They will be top 4 picks in next few years. Unless we can convince a young gun from another club to come to us but can’t see that happening.
Under no circumstance should we be trading future first round picks.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
AFL season is a complete write-off, but the VFL team has a chance to make the finals.

Leave the kid there to learn his position, role, structures, etc etc etc and have a chance to play in some finals/ get us into the finals.

This was what Morris said for his last game; that which was squeezed in between byes... ***22 spoils!

Jacob Blight (23 disposals, 78% disposal efficiency, 22 spoils, four marks, six rebound-50s, three tackles)

“Something that stood out in Jacob's game was his aerial power. He had 22 spoils on the day, which is just a massive number, but I feel as though we can get a little bit more bang for buck with some of those aerial contests, but it was good to see him focus on playing the percentages in wet conditions, and it's a good starting point for him.”

I think we'll see this more now there are only 3 games left. Reckon McAuliffe plays the rest of the season in the VFL too. I think they will be looking for qualifying for finals now with the best available team. That will help their development more than throwing them into the AFL IMO. Get some winning culture going through them too.

Reactions: 3 users

As you point out midfield and forward line in that order.

Hope we will bring in 3 maybe 4 top line mids at the draft who of course will need time. As 18 yr olds maybe 1/2 a season each.

As far as our forward line goes I think we may go for Davidson to add to Gray.
So providing Lynch can recover some improvement there can also be expected.

But over all it is and will remain a problem.
Coach has shown his cards. Balta much more likely to play forward than backin 25.