Game Day R21 - Foldnorf v Richmond at the Dump | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day R21 - Foldnorf v Richmond at the Dump

Its a tough time right now.
Tigers are rock bottom.
We are all hurting.
But...The Tigers will be back. It will take a little time and some luck...but the next episode will be exciting as our drafted youth shine. I am optomistic provided Richmond is daring and drafts aggressively.
Football success is a cycle...like life itself.
Just embrace and go with the flow.
Success can come back quickly.

Reactions: 2 users
Went to the game extremely relaxed about the result, simply kicked back n chortled and giggled my way through the incompetence n skill errors from both sides. Was mightily horrified when it looked like we were going to run all over the top of #Lolnorf early in that last qtr. Thankfully sanity and incompetence were re established later in the qtr n #Lolnorf managed to eke out a greatly deserved win for their long suffering supporters.
Haven't expected us to win a game of footy for virtually the entire season, simply a combination of massive injury issues, new coach trying to implement a new game style with a broken and disrupted list. Older players struggling to alter their games to the new system and so many fringe players trying to establish themselves at senior level.
Just a complete horror year of everything that could go wrong all happening at the same time. I'm actually looking forward to the trade n draft period this year and especially the start of a new era with lots of shiny new toys to play with from next year onward.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
This forum is tiring and disconcerting at times but I don't put people on ignore as a matter of principle because I think everyone deserves their viewpoint. Maybe I should reassess that strategy otherwise my enjoyment is on the way down with the downright attacks when you have a differing opinion is incredibly tiring after a while.
Hang in there Posh. Game days are hard when we lose, even if there in seasons we win premierships.

You're likely to hear how every draft pick is a failure for the next couple of years - unless they're knocking on the door of the AA squad in their first couple of years.

I'm looking for the little signs each week from our young fellas, and for each to hopefully make more of them. Hopefully others can start to find their little things too.

Reactions: 3 users
Lynch is an intimidating #1 key forward who attracts multiple defenders otherwise coaches know he will win his majority of one on one contests. Lefau and now Kosi, will benefit enormously from Lynches presence. Once Gibcus gets on the park the keep position structure of our list is better than average. Based on this reality without any A grade draft picks we will have a sharp bounce in 2025.
Hope you’re right Silver!

Reckon there's a lot who "don't care", but they're still here and writing 400 words about why someone isn't good enough.

Our list is poor, we need to fill a lot of gaps, but I'm not sure our drafting will be poor because our president doesn't talk, or because Benny isn't as vocal, for example.

Yep, we're bottom of the ladder because we've been putrid. But I think our injuries are very much a driver for that.
Yes. Injuries.

But also poor skills. Turnovers, persistent dump kicks to no-one, and woeful conversion. And seemingly no ability to address the persistence of these cancers.

At least I stick to my guns. At the start of 2023, you were crowing about how we were winning the premiership with Hopper and Taranto in the midfield. The draft / trade strategy that we've had to employ has been linked to those trades. You were also talking about that time of having a "sprinkling" of top end talent as in a couple of top 5 picks. You are such a flipper that you now want 10 of them.

I've always been consistent that this is the year we have been planning to get into the top 10, I've been consistent in referring to our list build as a bit of a reverse listbuild, ie. get the role players and then add the stars when we get to this years draft.

The thing with you, is you love painting opinion as fact. You say I over rated the list yet I was very clear at the start of this year I had no idea where we sat, anywhere from 7th to 17th I think I said. Injuries have certainly ensured that we are right at the bottom of that pile.

My point about trying to be optimistic I stand by. Its not Mary Poppins crap, you have interests because YOU ENJOY THEM. If you don't enjoy them, find something else to do, its pretty simple, and I'm not going to have people tear my enjoyment levels down just to stick the boot in, all the time.

This forum is tiring and disconcerting at times but I don't put people on ignore as a matter of principle because I think everyone deserves their viewpoint. Maybe I should reassess that strategy otherwise my enjoyment is on the way down with the downright attacks when you have a differing opinion is incredibly tiring after a while.

What a ridiculously pompous and dramatic post.

Ignore or not, what do I care?

I will continue to point out when you are wr-wr-wr-wrong Mary Poppins.

The role of confidence in AFL football and how that brings connection is on full display over in Adelaide atm.
Sydney were flying, playing confident flowing football. Tonight they have been hand balling to stationary teammates, turning the ball over, missing passes etc.
Sound familiar?
I’m not saying we have players of the skill level that Sydney has but what I am saying is that teams and individuals players look much better when they are confident in their teammates and their teamwork.
We haven’t had that all season.

Reactions: 5 users
Lynch is an intimidating #1 key forward who attracts multiple defenders otherwise coaches know he will win his majority of one on one contests. Lefau and now Kosi, will benefit enormously from Lynches presence. Once Gibcus gets on the park the keep position structure of our list is better than average. Based on this reality without any A grade draft picks we will have a sharp bounce in 2025.
Lynch has barely played in two years, is extremely injury prone and will be 32 next year. Gibcus likewise in his short career has barely played a game in two years, is coming back from an acl and is likewise prone to catastrophic injury. And Lefau is a 26 year old rookie that has now done ACLs on both knees. No one would bet serious money on any of them making a meaningful contribution next year. And of course Koschitzke is simply a battler. Also throw in the fact we are probably going to lose Rioli, Bolton and Baker, and based on this 'reality' look forward to another top three draft pick next year.

Reactions: 1 users
Lynch has barely played in two years, is extremely injury prone and will be 32 next year. Gibcus likewise in his short career has barely played a game in two years, is coming back from an acl and is likewise prone to catastrophic injury. And Lefau is a 26 year old rookie that has now done ACLs on both knees. No one would bet serious money on any of them making a meaningful contribution next year. And of course Koschitzke is simply a battler. Also throw in the fact we are probably going to lose Rioli, Bolton and Baker, and based on this 'reality' look forward to another top three draft pick next year.
Just give up footy. Clearly we are doomed for a century. Call beyond Blue.:ROFLMAO:

Balta, Gibcus, Brown, Campell and Smith. Balta is already an A grader. I think these other 4 will become A graders. I will back Miller, Bauer and Tresize to become very reliable consistent players and then we have this years bumper draft (assuming Baker , Graham and Bolton go). Clarke and McauLiffe show natural footy smarts. That, in my opinion is already a solid base - 10 players. Apart from Miller, all these players are high footy IQ (Balta's tap on today was so instinctive).
Those players you mentioned are barely fit to carry the bags of the champions that I mentioned. Balta a possible exception but he has been poor the last few games. We’re not building the nucleus of a premiership team around those players. Not too mention that Gibcus has been injured for the entirety of 2 of his 3 seasons.

Reactions: 1 users
Just give up footy. Clearly we are doomed for a century. Call beyond Blue.
Or we accept where we really are. The worst thing we could do is pretend this season and where we are finishing is some kind of aberration. It's ground zero and it's going to be long and painful climb back up. Sorry facts don't care about feelings.

Those players you mentioned are barely fit to carry the bags of the champions that I mentioned. Balta a possible exception but he has been poor the last few games. We’re not building the nucleus of a premiership team around those players. Not too mention that Gibcus has been injured for the entirety of 2 of his 3 seasons.
He has already pencilled in Campbell and Smith (the later off only 3 games mind you) as future A-graders. Wow if it were only that easy

Or we accept where we really are. The worst thing we could do is pretend this season and where we are finishing is some kind of aberration. It's ground zero and it's going to be long and painful climb back up. Sorry facts don't care about feelings.
Results show we are ground zero. However, context is important. The injuries have been THE reason why we are last. The way some people view the list is if we have had a fit list all year. Connection in footy is huge - if you have actually played the game you would understand this fact! Injuries have meant the footy connection has been non existent. Only one player has played all the games this year. That is not a feeling. It is a fact.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
The biggest query is whether Lynch can ever get back in any meaningful way without recurring injuries. I'm not confident we'll be seeing a lot of him next year and will likely be his last year. Gibcus has also been injured for 2 years now and the psychology of coming back after two very serious injuries. Again it will take him time in 2025. I don't see a sharp bounce. Will likely be bottom 4 or 5.

Reactions: 2 users
Cantankerous I don’t mind, your persona, but crossed over that line imo.

However the hyperbolic Dalai Lama comment. I reckon Mr P has a good point. Way too much negativity on this site but also some taking their views way too seriously.

It’s a *smile* game in the end! Enjoy the ups and downs of footy.

If you don’t care then so be it.
It’s a glorious site imo, so much fun to be had Sinners

Plenty of insight too

Can you remember what you had for breaky?

We lost by 100 points to swans in 2016 and everyone thought a flag was 75 years away

I was at The G for a 140pt flogging by north in the early 90's, and i was certain we'd win the flag

Can you remember what you had for breaky?

We lost by 100 points to swans in 2016 and everyone thought a flag was 75 years away

I was at The G for a 140pt flogging by north in the early 90's, and i was certain we'd win the flag that year
Of course there have been worse games. That’s not the point. Seeing as you have such a great memory, tell me when was the last time we won 2 games for the year, had a % as low as 63 and not scoring 100 points in a single game.

History in the making. Worst ever.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 user
He has already pencilled in Campbell and Smith (the later off only 3 games mind you) as future A-graders. Wow if it were only that easy
Yep - it's called identifying talent. 2 players on a list of 40+ players.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Bottom line is, our reign is over, our old boys are done, bar Broady, who I luv. :LOL: .Speaking from the heart here, I have been a tiger from 1965, since the old man passed the batton, to me. The last 8 years have been a joy to experience. What will be will be. Forget the science, the draft, just let the newbies grow, and history will repeat.

Reactions: 7 users