Game Day R21 - Foldnorf v Richmond at the Dump | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day R21 - Foldnorf v Richmond at the Dump

I honestly didn’t think we’d bottom out like this. Having Peggy, Benny, Balme and Dimma walk in 12 months has decimated the club.

We haven’t bought in anyone to replace that level of management. Yze has been underwhelming, O’Rourke invisible with zero impact and Benny is staying out the way. Who is leading this club?
For me the off-field is more concerning than what is happening on it.

O'Rourke who?
Gale hiding in the shadows
No Balme???
Meehan is like Cyclone Katrina, a bloody disaster that seems to bring only damaging results; do we have anyone else in this area, or who overseas this guy?
Clarke's legacy is a bit ordinary...

On the field, I think many sooking-la-las need to keep in mind that our Forward 50 was missing:
Lynch
Kelts
Gray
Bauer?
and of course, Cumberland! :))

Then there is the fact of no backups for Nanks.
OHB and Naismith out
Why didn't Sampson at least be brought in to give Nanks a chopout against another younger ruck?

The team has had no time together, has no connection due to injury-forced changes, and some oldies who have fallen of a cliff.

While this year sucks, the prospect of getting a big hit at this year's best and brightest, is pretty exciting!
FOS, Draper, Lalor, Berry, Reid etc etc etc
Sheezle goes alright for North and the Daicos' aren't too bad for the Filth. Pretty damn positive additions from the get go, and Draper has a better physique than most of our team!

Too optimistic? Maybe, but I'm sticking with it.

Reactions: 7 users
Watched the last quarter with all the passion of an undertaker.

Dustin won’t be here next year.

There is scant little to like about the game style, talent, coaching, skills, or cohesion. We are absolutely where we deserve to be after such a lacklustre season.

I have a very unsettled feeling that we will stuff the draft.

We lose Benny, we lose the driven passion of a 100% bought in leader.

Will the RFC rise to the challenge?
The only way we stuff the draft is
1 Dont get multiple early picks due to refusal to trade for early picks
2 pick Smillie and Faull.
Draper Lalor Langford FOS Smith Berry Ried Simms Shanahan all stars...many more to choose.
Only idiots will stuff it.
Trade hard and get 5 or 6 under 22 and we are away. Plus 2 more next year. Instantly 1/3 of the best 23 handed to us.
A once in a generation opportunity.

I'd much rather be optimistic than be like some of the negative nancies on here. You have interests because you are supposed to enjoy them, yet some on here never seem to find any enjoyment in the Tiges, if I ever get that way, I think I'd walk away from footy and find something that gives me enjoyment. Thats why sometimes I might get a bit defensive when people on here try and tear you down when you might be the slightest bit optimistic about something.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Post 2020 the recruiting of Clarke, dancing to the tune of Hardwick's delusional belief we were still in premiership contention, has been a disaster.

Not one of the young generation of Tigers is taking the game by the b#%^s and stamping his name on the game. Bit players at best.

More later
Pre 2020 drafting was shithouse as well. Higgins, RCD, CCJ, Dow all late first round picks. Three are gone and the other should be.

It’s an indictment that none are entrenched in our best 22. Hopefully Toce is better.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I honestly didn’t think we’d bottom out like this. Having Peggy, Benny, Balme and Dimma walk in 12 months has decimated the club.

We haven’t bought in anyone to replace that level of management. Yze has been underwhelming, O’Rourke invisible with zero impact and Benny is staying out the way. Who is leading this club?
Well the club specifically stated we wouldn’t bottom out like this. Obviously got it very very wrong.

Coming home from the game.

There is no way we should have lost that game. We had so many opportunities but we lost with 3 things

1. We gave the ball away a few too many times and got hurt.
2. Our forward line was largely disfuctional and when we did get scoring shots we kicked for goal badly.
3. North have 100 first round picks, every now and again their quality hurt us

However, in so many ways today we were the better team but we were our own worst enemy.

Oh, and there were a couple of terrible umpiring decisions in the 3rd that hurt us badly.

Effort today was first class.
I agree. In the end it was our bad conversion rate that cost us. North team was 2 years 1 month younger and 42 games more inexperienced on average per player than us, which makes it even more disappointing.

Pre 2020 drafting was shithouse as well. Higgins, RCD, CCJ, Dow all ate first round picks. Three are gone and the other should be.

It’s an indictment that none are entrenched in our best 22. Hopefully Toce is better.

This more than post 2020 drafting has hurt us more, though we did extract decent value from the Higgins / CCJ trades, the delay in bring able to bring these players into the best 22 of the side has impacted their ability to develop whilst those premiership heroes started their decline and are now having to develop at the bottom of the cycle.

Whilst people whinge about out post 2020 drafting it hasn't been that bad with the picks we've had. I've posted the list before but the same poster constantly brings up the same point even though its certainly nowhere near as bas as they try and paint.

Reactions: 1 users
Ok. Ill kick off our truth and reconciliation commission....

Q: what happens when a side wins 3 flags in 4 years and gets the 20th best kids, at best, five years running?

Q: what happens when you have a third of your blokes on the couch playing xbox recuperating from surgery?
So it’s a given that you should finish dead last and have the worst season result in the club’s history? Okay.

Hawks won 3 in a row but were never anywhere near as bad as this in the aftermath.

I agree. In the end it was our bad conversion rate that cost us. North team was 2 years 1 month younger and 42 games more inexperienced on average per player than us, which makes it even more disappointing.
Our conversion rate is bad because most of the players in our team are absolutely shithouse kicks of the footy.

• Haha
One draft is not enough to fix our issues. I don’t think even two or three are. We’re way behind where we were when Hardwick joined, and that took him 8 years to get it to really click. Our off field is also in a bad way.

I didn’t say one draft was enough to fix our issues. We are at least 3 years of good drafting, plus a couple of extra preseasons, away from being serious contenders. But this draft seems to offer the bedrock on which to rebuild from. And we could conceivably have a significant number of early picks, not to mention considerable trade capital for future picks with so many clubs needing extra points to match bids.

I just felt you were being overly negative about our prospects of coming back in a reasonable timeframe from where we are now.

With Tassie joining soon, we are in familiar territory.

For me the off-field is more concerning than what is happening on it.

O'Rourke who?
Gale hiding in the shadows
No Balme???
Meehan is like Cyclone Katrina, a bloody disaster that seems to bring only damaging results; do we have anyone else in this area, or who overseas this guy?
Clarke's legacy is a bit ordinary...

On the field, I think many sooking-la-las need to keep in mind that our Forward 50 was missing:
Lynch
Kelts
Gray
Bauer?
and of course, Cumberland! :))

Then there is the fact of no backups for Nanks.
OHB and Naismith out
Why didn't Sampson at least be brought in to give Nanks a chopout against another younger ruck?

The team has had no time together, has no connection due to injury-forced changes, and some oldies who have fallen of a cliff.

While this year sucks, the prospect of getting a big hit at this year's best and brightest, is pretty exciting!
FOS, Draper, Lalor, Berry, Reid etc etc etc
Sheezle goes alright for North and the Daicos' aren't too bad for the Filth. Pretty damn positive additions from the get go, and Draper has a better physique than most of our team!

I agree except I am not so down on the admin of the club. I reckon you will find that plenty is being done behind the scenes and tbh I am not sure why supporters think we need to shout it from the rooftops.

Let’s just let them do their jobs in the off season.

Reactions: 2 users
Whilst people whinge about out post 2020 drafting it hasn't been that bad with the picks we've had. I've posted the list before but the same poster constantly brings up the same point even though its certainly nowhere near as bas as they try and paint.
But it's hard to make bad draft picks when you just trade them away. Pick # 40, 43 in 2023 draft & 49, 55 in 2022, 40, 51 in 2020 were our highest picks in those years. This strategy was a huge mistake imo. You have to keep them coming, test them out and turn them over.

Reactions: 1 user
I didn’t say one draft was enough to fix our issues. We are at least 3 years of good drafting, plus a couple of extra preseasons, away from being serious contenders. But this draft seems to offer the bedrock on which to rebuild from. And we could conceivably have a significant number of early picks, not to mention considerable trade capital for future picks with so many clubs needing extra points to match bids.

I just felt you were being overly negative about our prospects of coming back in a reasonable timeframe from where we are now.

With Tassie joining soon, we are in familiar territory.
Your view may be realistic, but others on here are talking like we use this one draft to magically get better. It won't, it takes time. Hardwick had some of the pieces in place, and I feel he started with a way better off field than we have currently given Yze.

Reactions: 1 user