Game Day R21 - Foldnorf v Richmond at the Dump | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day R21 - Foldnorf v Richmond at the Dump

But it's hard to make bad draft picks when you just give them away. Pick # 40, 43 in 2023 draft & 49, 55 in 2022, 40, 51 in 2020 were our highest picks in those years. This strategy was a huge mistake imo. You have to keep them coming, test them out and turn them over.

But thats not talking about drafting strategy which is what the statement was, thats trading strategy which isn't what I was commenting on. The statement was that Clarke had screwed up our drafting since 2020, when he hasn't had many high picks. The only 2 in the top 20 were Gibcus (cruelled by injury) and Brown who's just starting to show something.

Your view may be realistic, but others on here are talking like we use this one draft to magically get better. It won't, it takes time. Hardwick had some of the pieces in place, and I feel he started with a way better off field than we have currently given Yze.

Who has said that?

I'm away at the moment, but looking at the scores, looks to me like we kicked ourselves out of that game. 7 more scoring shots and we lost? Not good, but not as bad as it could be. If we had a forward line we likely would have won.

Not much fun bottoming out, but what matters is what you make if the situation. We can gnash our teeth and whinge. But I'm sure the club is looking at how to use the opportunity of early draft picks, and the opportunity of getting more early picks as a result of swaps last year, to improve the team and get competitive.

DS

Reactions: 2 users
I'm away at the moment, but looking at the scores, looks to me like we kicked ourselves out of that game. 7 more scoring shots and we lost? Not good, but not as bad as it could be. If we had a forward line we likely would have won.

Not much fun bottoming out, but what matters is what you make if the situation. We can gnash our teeth and whinge. But I'm sure the club is looking at how to use the opportunity of early draft picks, and the opportunity of getting more early picks as a result of swaps last year, to improve the team and get competitive.

DS
It's a bit of that DS, it's also that despite having had some really good draft picks over the last few years, North are still putrid. I just hope we don't go down the same path. Switching coaches around looking for the saviour does that.

Reactions: 2 users
Pretty sure they never won 2 games or less in a season. Even beat us at least once.

2 games, 3 games, 4?

They jumped the shark. Discarded the champs, alienated Cyril, and languished in the cellar for a decade.

Swans or cats never went back2back

swans defy graVity with exclusive access to 5 million well fed kids

And geelong start on 40 points on a soccer pitch

Reactions: 5 users
Plus 7 scoring shots and plus 16 I50’s and we still lost. I’m not unhappy with the result at all. North were missing Wardlaw and have had a pretty settled team all year. We haven’t had any continuity and we were missing almost our total forward line. I loved what I saw from Steely, Seth, HUGO, Banks and Trezise. I’m content that we can bounce back hard.

Reactions: 10 users
But thats not talking about drafting strategy which is what the statement was, thats trading strategy which isn't what I was commenting on. The statement was that Clarke had screwed up our drafting since 2020, when he hasn't had many high picks. The only 2 in the top 20 were Gibcus (cruelled by injury) and Brown who's just starting to show something.
Well the trading strategy is why he hasn't had any picks of value. So like I said it's pretty hard to stuff up if you don't get to select any and therefore can't really make a judgement (which is what you're saying I think) . Not sure if Clarke plays a key role in the decision to trade away picks and who to trade in for those picks but imo that strategy and selection was a total balls up.

We use to laugh at Lolnorth!

Now we are worse!

Back in the past it was an embarrassment to be the wooden spooners. Now some on here are proud of getting 1st pick in the draft.

How many first picks have North and West Coast had in the last few years and they are still struggling at the bottom of the ladder.

All you guys who crowed loud when we won 3 premierships in 4 years and are now saying we've got great picks in the draft need to look at the reality of the situation.

Draft picks do not guarantee a rise up the ladder. In fact it is a bloody lottery of talent and if you're lucky you might jag a couple.

Further our off field club management is in complete disarray. When we won those recent flags our off field management had a plan to build our club finances and membership and our on field team. Currently we are like a ship on a dark foggy night without radar - they have no clue where we are going.

We are hoping a 1st year coach can steer the team out this! How many coaches have North had in the last 6 years.

This debacle is going to take many years of hard work and many tears to fix.

Draft picks or no draft picks it is extremely embarrassing for a proud club like Richmond to be wooden spooners.

And that, IMO, is the truth!

Reactions: 5 users
2 games, 3 games, 4?

They jumped the shark. Discarded the champs, alienated Cyril, and languished in the cellar for a decade.

Swans or cats never went back2back

swans defy graVity with exclusive access to 5 million well fed kids

And geelong start on 40 points on a soccer pitch
A decade? Played finals in 2018. Whatever they look like they’re back.

We will have an interesting rebuild comparison to analyse next few years.

Reactions: 1 user
Tim Taranto hey? How can someone who is a worse kick than steady Eddie get picked up.Bewildering.

Reactions: 1 user