Game Day R21 - Foldnorf v Richmond at the Dump | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day R21 - Foldnorf v Richmond at the Dump

I’ve been watching this club for a long time. I was there in the late 80s early 90s when the club nearly folded. I saw the debacle of the Wallace and Frawley era and thankfully the long awaited renaissance in the Hardwick years.

I’ve seen a lot of poor Richmond teams. But I have never seen one that kicks as badly as this team or that is so physically weak. We just can’t kick the ball or stick decent tackles. No wonder we are heading for the worst season result in the club’s history.

I just can’t understand how people are getting so excited about this and winning a spoon 4 years after winning a flag; just for the number one draft pick in a draft where no one has any idea who should be number one.

The performance of this club post 2020 has been totally unacceptable. No way in hell we should be where we are now. Injuries are not the only issue. Obviously they haven’t helped but something is clearly off at the club.
Yep. To go from a flag 4 years ago to this is a disgrace.

Reactions: 2 users
Better than going longer, mid-table which we did for 37 years.
There were long periods in those 37 years where we were bottom table not mid table. 86-93 and 2002-2011. There are no guarantees. We’re in for an extended period of bottom table.

This should not have happened; no way should we be this bad. Questions need to be asked.

Still don’t understand how our senior stars of recent have aged so very dramatically and become geriatric-like yet other senior players at other teams act like those retirement residents from the film Cocoon?

Is toxic waste from the West Gate Tunnel project being disposed near PRO?
Just like concussion after effects. That chaos game plan, IMO was stupid, too risky, skilless and has caused possible MS in some players.

I'm sure it was just a generalisation for Tommy Boy and the dumb media to swallow, but Ooze deserves 5 years max IMO.
Let’s see how he’s going after his contracted 3 years before signing an extension.

Reactions: 1 users
Coming home from the game.

There is no way we should have lost that game. We had so many opportunities but we lost with 3 things

1. We gave the ball away a few too many times and got hurt.
2. Our forward line was largely disfuctional and when we did get scoring shots we kicked for goal badly.
3. North have 100 first round picks, every now and again their quality hurt us

However, in so many ways today we were the better team but we were our own worst enemy.

Oh, and there were a couple of terrible umpiring decisions in the 3rd that hurt us badly.

Effort today was first class.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
Nah, I doubt anyone is giving us a good pick for him due to his injury history. I'd rather keep him and allow him to help to train the next group of talls, whether thats the tap, Gray or any forwards that we draft this season. I reckon we will get better value holding him and having him impart his wisdom on the next group than whatever we'd get in trade for him.
yes , you are right, not his fault but having a star on big coin sitting on an exercise bike isn’t what we need now.

Watched the last quarter with all the passion of an undertaker.

Dustin won’t be here next year.

There is scant little to like about the game style, talent, coaching, skills, or cohesion. We are absolutely where we deserve to be after such a lacklustre season.

I have a very unsettled feeling that we will stuff the draft.

We lose Benny, we lose the driven passion of a 100% bought in leader.

Will the RFC rise to the challenge?

There were long periods in those 37 years where we were bottom table not mid table. 86-93 and 2002-2011. There are no guarantees. We’re in for an extended period of bottom table.

This should not have happened; no way should we be this bad. Questions need to be asked.
Back then it was sh!t coaches, sh!t drafting. Hopefully we're smarter now and coming off a successful recent history.

Reactions: 1 user

I honestly didn’t think we’d bottom out like this. Having Peggy, Benny, Balme and Dimma walk in 12 months has decimated the club.

We haven’t bought in anyone to replace that level of management. Yze has been underwhelming, O’Rourke invisible with zero impact and Benny is staying out the way. Who is leading this club?

My only positive of the day is that Norf are still in the *smile* category, I thought they’d be much more impressive, however pleased to say they still have a lot of holes in the list

If everything went right perhaps. I thi9nk having someone like Lynch and Gibcus as lynchpins at either end makes a big difference to our quality. Maybe I was being a bit more optimistic than I should and maybe the 8 was a stretch, but I'd rather be a glass half full type than some of the misery guts we have on here (not necessarily including you in that btw).

I'm not even sure why some of the constant negative nancies on here even bother to watch the games, it must make them so miserable to only see the worst in the game.
Gibcus is still unproven. High potential but not proven

Coming home from the game.

There is no way we should have lost that game. We had so many opportunities but we lost with 3 things

1. We gave the ball away a few too many times and got hurt.
2. Our forward line was largely disfuctional and when we did get scoring shots we kicked for goal badly.
3. North gave 100 first round picks, every now and again their quality hurt us

However, in so many ways today we were the better team but we were our own worst enemy.

Oh, and there were a couple of terrible umpiring decisions in the 3rd that hurt us badly.

Effort today was first class.
Agree completely. Ball movement until the last kick into fwd was more than ok. Add lynch and lefau and we look very diff. For example, take out kebab from North and they cant score

no way should we be this bad. Questions need to be asked.

Ok. Ill kick off our truth and reconciliation commission....

Q: what happens when a side wins 3 flags in 4 years and gets the 20th best kids, at best, five years running?

Q: what happens when you have a third of your blokes on the couch playing xbox recuperating from surgery?

Reactions: 9 users
Agree completely. Ball movement until the last kick into fwd was more than ok. Add lynch and lefau and we look very diff. For example, take out kebab from North and they cant score
Think there was plenty wrong with the two or three possessions before the kick to inside50.

Save for a few individuals I thought we lifted our pressure overall today. Numbers seem to suggest so. However, the number 1 killer for us - lack of genuine class or quality specifically as it relates to disposal - absolutely killed us again today.

It’s no surprise that we find themselves at the bottom. Poor recruiting during the Clarke era has contributed to this situation, and some senior players have lost motivation or are dealing with injuries. Yze faces a tough challenge, akin to competing in V8 supercars with a 4-cylinder car. However, by focusing on the draft and acquiring picks from players who want to leave, the team can move forward. It’ll take time, but watching our young players develop will be rewarding.🏉🌟