Game Day R21 - Foldnorf v Richmond at the Dump | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day R21 - Foldnorf v Richmond at the Dump

Our best Broad BigV Green Campbell Banks
No good Nakas got destroyed by Xerri
Time to say goodbye Baker Rioli & Bolton
We Salute you Dusty but it's over champ.

Post 2020 the recruiting of Clarke, dancing to the tune of Hardwick's delusional belief we were still in premiership contention, has been a disaster.

Not one of the young generation of Tigers is taking the game by the b#%^s and stamping his name on the game. Bit players at best.

More later

I know I've said this so many times before to you and others, but thats where we've been recruiting in the draft FFS. We've been recruiting the support cast, not the main list of stars. How anyone can't see that is beyond me. We are looking for whether those players can play footy, once the standard improves from the next group of stars, then we will start to see their quality.

Many (I think I was one of them) had Lambert in the delist bucket in 2016, pegged as a poor small forward, many on here I know bagged out Shedda. Sometimes these players that are the next string down just look a heck of a lot better playing with teams that are on the up.

Reactions: 3 users
Better than going longer, mid-table which we did for 37 years.
Future history hasn't been written yet, I remember quite a few bottom of the table stages in that 37 year period. I hope not this time as I'm pretty sure I won't still be around 😂.

Not sure if it’s attitude but we had 53 inside 50’s for 10.17. That’s putrid.

Our foot skills are deplorable and we have no key forwards.

We are ruining Balta. Just leave him in one spot FFS. When I saw him line up down back I thought he would take Larkey. But nope. If he isn’t going to take the most dangerous key forwards then play him forward. And leave him there.
Just leave him where he belongs, down back.

This was the correct result. The result the club needed.

Out list is where it’s at because of prolonged success. If we accept that the way forward is via the draft, then we need to maximise our access to the best talent before Tassie and/or AFL draft rule changes compromise everything.

Finishing second last achieves nothing except disadvantage when we can afford it least.

I don’t like it. But I know it’s necessary.

Reactions: 4 users
IMG_1760.jpeg

We have culprits who blow simple chances every week which is why we keep underperforming.

North pretty much took every chance they had. Not the first time it has played out this way vs north.

Reactions: 1 user
It’s embarrassing today to see how far we’ve fallen. But as the saying goes, you never know you’ve hit rock bottom until you’re there and here we are.

The path forward is pretty clear from a playing stock point of view. Once those that want to leave have declared their hand, we draft as much elite talent as we can. The only player of those covered in the media that I’d keep is Bolton.

Two skilled & quick midfielders have to be the immediate draft priority - we don’t need any more plodding ball accumulators. Plus we also need a gun key tall forward in this year’s draft and another in next year’s draft.

New strength & conditioning team goes without saying. Plus a massive turnover in assistant coaches - new voices & ideas.

Our succession planning post the flag eras has been a failure. Time to start again.

Reactions: 2 users
You’ve been saying all year that we’d challenge the eight with a clean bill of health, which of course is nonsense.

If everything went right perhaps. I thi9nk having someone like Lynch and Gibcus as lynchpins at either end makes a big difference to our quality. Maybe I was being a bit more optimistic than I should and maybe the 8 was a stretch, but I'd rather be a glass half full type than some of the misery guts we have on here (not necessarily including you in that btw).

I'm not even sure why some of the constant negative nancies on here even bother to watch the games, it must make them so miserable to only see the worst in the game.

For those worrying about the inevitable rebuild look to the draft this year, we are going to claim the guts of it
It’s the 4-5 years in the bottom rungs of the ladder winning no more than 4 games a year that I’m not looking forward to.

Reactions: 2 users
I’ve been watching this club for a long time. I was there in the late 80s early 90s when the club nearly folded. I saw the debacle of the Wallace and Frawley era and thankfully the long awaited renaissance in the Hardwick years.

I’ve seen a lot of poor Richmond teams. But I have never seen one that kicks as badly as this team or that is so physically weak. We just can’t kick the ball or stick decent tackles. No wonder we are heading for the worst season result in the club’s history.

I just can’t understand how people are getting so excited about this and winning a spoon 4 years after winning a flag; just for the number one draft pick in a draft where no one has any idea who should be number one.

The performance of this club post 2020 has been totally unacceptable. No way in hell we should be where we are now. Injuries are not the only issue. Obviously they haven’t helped but something is clearly off at the club.

Agree with this. But we don’t have a time machine to go back and change things. The only question now is what happens next. And to that end, the best draft hand possible is essential.

Future history hasn't been written yet, I remember quite a few bottom of the table stages in that 37 year period. I hope not this time as I'm pretty sure I won't still be around 😂.
Only for 1 year. Our focus with a bad list and drafted 1 or 2 good kids was just to make the finals and sack coaches.

Any value in putting Lynch on the trade table? 8 games in two seasons. Isn’t going to be there for the next finals. But he does increase the chance that any decent midfield work ends in a score or stays in forward line.

We got confirmation today that we are the worst team in the comp by a fair bit. We are smaller, slower, more poorly skilled and less competitive than every other team.

We are so lucky Matt Clarke has gone. Having the wrong bloke as recruiting manager for seven years has lead our list into the toilet.

I reckon Ooze will make it. John O'Rourke said on SEN we'll give 10 years if he wants. Best thing now is that we'll be bottom for some time but as long as progress shows, it'll be easier accepting the losses with not much expectation. Lower the bar, watch and enjoy.
If O’Rourke really said that then we’re in more trouble than I thought. That is *smile* ridiculous.

Any value in putting Lynch on the trade table? 8 games in two seasons. Isn’t going to be there for the next finals. But he does increase the chance that any decent midfield work ends in a score or stays in forward line.

Nah, I doubt anyone is giving us a good pick for him due to his injury history. I'd rather keep him and allow him to help to train the next group of talls, whether thats the tap, Gray or any forwards that we draft this season. I reckon we will get better value holding him and having him impart his wisdom on the next group than whatever we'd get in trade for him.

Reactions: 1 users
Still don’t understand how our senior stars of recent have aged so very dramatically and become geriatric-like yet other senior players at other teams act like those retirement residents from the film Cocoon?

Is toxic waste from the West Gate Tunnel project being disposed near PRO?

If O’Rourke really said that then we’re in more trouble than I thought. That is *smile* ridiculous.
I'm sure it was just a generalisation for Tommy Boy and the dumb media to swallow, but Ooze deserves 5 years max IMO.