Game Day R21 - Foldnorf v Richmond at the Dump | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day R21 - Foldnorf v Richmond at the Dump

Unfortunately there is unlikely to be a young player in our best half dozen despite how badly they played today. I’m not expecting any young ones to be consistent but we aren’t seeing any of them have a “day out” and show us that they might get to B grade in a season or two. Eg Campbell his best game is still his first.

Reactions: 1 user
One paced, unskilled midfield with no forward structure ahead of the ball. Add in Miller falling out of form & Short gifting ball after ball to the opposition & that’s what you get.

Reactions: 1 users
Forget about penciling Miller in as a key defender. He’s not up to it.
Brian Leys and Johnny Howat would be better.
Where screwed. Besides broad & BigV.
We have nothing.
Balta has 1 good game 5 bad ones.
Young is 10 times worse then Miller and Miller hasn't got a angry bone in his body.
And then you have a half back flanker that just boots the ball to none and on the other half back they have moved foward because he is tol soft to play in the back 6.
We need 4 new defenders

The other one that makes me laugh is the media saying 'huge boost for the Tigers with Dustin Martin to return'.
Obvious that he's cooked. What's more laughable is this 'going to the Huns' rubbish. WTF is he gonna provide to them if he's cooked???

I totally am. Expect to be there for a while, too. We’ll churn through a lot of players and more than one coach on the journey.
I'd never have applied for this job. Not many "next up" coaches last after a dynasty.

I said it last year, and I wasn't popular, but Hardwick bailing was him protecting his reputation and ego from having to rebuild a list. And he saw it coming. We were trying for one last premiership when we went for Taranto etc, and it backfired. So he left us with a *smile* list, but promised in used car salesman terms, that we were good to go again. We're not.

We do need to help ourselves though, and get a proper *smile* strength and conditioning team. If we put up with this peanut again, I think my heart will burst a ventricle.

Other than that, we've got to find about 10 decent players, including 3-4 elite players. Yze won't last that long, regardless of him being alright as a coach. Tigers fans have no patience. We won't sack him next year, but he won't make it through year 3, unless the club categorically tell everyone we're going to be *smile* and we're backing him beyond 3 to rebuild us properly.

If we recruit well over the next couple of years and develop even better, he's got a chance. If not, we're 5-7 years away from being in finals.

Reactions: 5 users
I'd never have applied for this job. Not many "next up" coaches last after a dynasty.

I said it last year, and I wasn't popular, but Hardwick bailing was him protecting his reputation and ego from having to rebuild a list. And he saw it coming. We were trying for one last premiership when we went for Taranto etc, and it backfired. So he left us with a *smile* list, but promised in used car salesman terms, that we were good to go again. We're not.

We do need to help ourselves though, and get a proper *smile* strength and conditioning team. If we put up with this peanut again, I think my heart will burst a ventricle.

Other than that, we've got to find about 10 decent players, including 3-4 elite players. Yze won't last that long, regardless of him being alright as a coach. Tigers fans have no patience. We won't sack him next year, but he won't make it through year 3, unless the club categorically tell everyone we're going to be *smile* and we're backing him beyond 3 to rebuild us properly.

If we recruit well over the next couple of years and develop even better, he's got a chance. If not, we're 5-7 years away from being in finals.
The club will look after him General.

RFC is the last club to pull triggers on coaches these days.

Not sure if it’s attitude but we had 53 inside 50’s for 10.17. That’s putrid.

Our foot skills are deplorable and we have no key forwards.

We are ruining Balta. Just leave him in one spot FFS. When I saw him line up down back I thought he would take Larkey. But nope. If he isn’t going to take the most dangerous key forwards then play him forward. And leave him there.

Reactions: 6 users
For those worrying about the inevitable rebuild look to the draft this year, we are going to claim the guts of it

I reckon Ooze will make it. John O'Rourke said on SEN we'll give 10 years if he wants. Best thing now is that we'll be bottom for some time but as long as progress shows, it'll be easier accepting the losses with not much expectation. Lower the bar, watch and enjoy.

Unfortunately there is unlikely to be a young player in our best half dozen despite how badly they played today. I’m not expecting any young ones to be consistent but we aren’t seeing any of them have a “day out” and show us that they might get to B grade in a season or two. Eg Campbell his best game is still his first.
I see more supporters are realizing our youth are… how do we say it nicely? Terrible.

The worst part, we didn’t even get to fire Clarke for his utter incompetence. He quit! To go to a new job! That was a step up from his old one!!

The scary thing is, we had our best midfield out there today. It’s only Ross, Pickett, Clarke & Maurice currently missing through injury.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users