Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

We're a club that could barely even make the finals for 35 years. There's a humble attitude that comes from that as our background. A taste of success now shouldn't make us cocky and arrogant like Essendon supporters in years past.

Just brush it off, smile, and keep winning the Richmond way with a humble attitude.

They'll envy us, sure... but that's part of the challenge you need to navigate when you're approaching a 3rd flag in 4 years.

Reactions: 3 users
Compare tonight's game when a team kept the opppstion to 1 goal till the last qtr.
They're going berserk about Geelong's win but when we kept Geelong to 1 goal, it was Crickets

Reactions: 2 users
Here is the incident with Baker.

Nothing in the media.

The tweet asks: what's the difference?

I'll tell you what the difference is, Baker didn't lift his arms to make sure it was a high tackle, the arm was headed for his face and nowhere else.

As for Robbo's apology - not worth wiping your rear end with. You can't apologise for something you did on purpose. The apology is complete rubbish. If he actually thinks that sort of behaviour is wrong, then he wouldn't do it in the first place.

DS

Reactions: 6 users
Okay so she plays AFLW for Carlton. Or Saints? I now understand why I’ve never heard of her.
She initially played for the Blues. They delisted her and the Aints picked her up. How surprising being associated with the Saints that she thinks Tom has been too lightly dealt with.

Reactions: 1 users
The tweet asks: what's the difference?

I'll tell you what the difference is, Baker didn't lift his arms to make sure it was a high tackle, the arm was headed for his face and nowhere else.

As for Robbo's apology - not worth wiping your rear end with. You can't apologise for something you did on purpose. The apology is complete rubbish. If he actually thinks that sort of behaviour is wrong, then he wouldn't do it in the first place.

DS

Where's Gale or Balme to unleash?

Reactions: 1 users
Compare tonight's game when a team kept the opppstion to 1 goal till the last qtr.
They're going berserk about Geelong's win but when we kept Geelong to 1 goal, it was Crickets
It was labeled the worst game of the year. We were destroying the game.
Geelong do it and they are labeled genius team.

We're a club that could barely even make the finals for 35 years. There's a humble attitude that comes from that as our background. A taste of success now shouldn't make us cocky and arrogant like Essendon supporters in years past.

Just brush it off, smile, and keep winning the Richmond way with a humble attitude.

They'll envy us, sure... but that's part of the challenge you need to navigate when you're approaching a 3rd flag in 4 years.
No *smile* them. We copped *smile* for 35 years. We nearly went under. They laughed at us. Remember all the Ninthmond jokes? No one said anything when we got fixtured to play Melbourne at Marvel. WTF? Browny broke his leg that night. Crickets when we had to sell home games to Cairns so GC could get a leg up. Remember the Karmichael Hunt game and the howls of laughter from oppo supporters and the media? What was it Roos said? The worst 90 seconds of football he’d ever seen. We were Geelong’s bitches and the Saints, even #lolnorfs for years. Now when we have some success and can give it back, we’re arrogant! *smile*! We’re *smile* angry, and we’re paying it all back.

• Love
Reactions: 23 users

this link is a petition for a Royal Commission into Media in Australia. eg: the Murdochracy, etc ...
Apparently the response has been overwhelming ..

I'm not on twitter, so don't know what time Robinson started the poll about Nick, but I would assume that he was on the lunatic soup when he had the brain fade to start the poll.
How dare he slander our Nick, the Herald Sun should make him use a breathalyser when working from home......or at work for that matter.
How many professions allow their employees to work while under the influence of alcohol.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

this link is a petition for a Royal Commission into Media in Australia. eg: the Murdochracy, etc ...
Apparently the response has been overwhelming ..
39k people? Not overly overwhelming thus far. I'm guessing a lot of people would be put off by the hysteria in the given reason for the petition.

I'm not on twitter, so don't know what time Robinson started the poll about Nick, but I would assume that he was on the lunatic soup when he had the brain fade to start the poll.
How dare here slander our Nick, the Herald Sun should make him use a breathalyser when working from home......or at work for that matter.
How many professions allow their employees to work while under the influence of alcohol.
They’d be better off banning him from all forms of social media. It’s when he’s on that he doesn’t have his ghost writer handy.

Funny how our game was considered 'not' finals quality but Geelong's was.
I think out of the 2 games, i rather be Richmond going into next week.
Because an under 19's team wouldve put up more of fight then Collingwood did.
Surprise Surprise to see all Geelong's jubbers out last night, they love no pressure games.

Funny how our game was considered 'not' finals quality but Geelong's was.
I think out of the 2 games, i rather be Richmond going into next week.
Because an under 19's team wouldve put up more of fight then Collingwood did.
Surprise Surprise to see all Geelong's jubbers out last night, they love no pressure games.
That’s what happened to them before they ran up against us during the season.

39k people? Not overly overwhelming thus far. I'm guessing a lot of people would be put off by the hysteria in the given reason for the petition.
I dont find it hysterical at all. Murdoch has killed real journalism in major outlets. It's dead. Comedians and virtual underground writers have to do it now.

I dont find it hysterical at all. Murdoch has killed real journalism in major outlets. It's dead. Comedians and virtual underground writers have to do it now
Real journalism has been dead for donkey's years and not just due to the Murdoch run press.
Apparently that petition was instigated by KRudd which makes it all the more a matter of hysteria.
Lately it seems he's absolutely desperate to get his face on the front page.

Real journalism has been dead for donkey's years and not just due to the Murdoch run press.
Apparently that petition was instigated by KRudd which makes it all the more a matter of hysteria.
Lemme tell ya how long a donkeys year is. From the time Murdoch buys a media outlet to the time he sacks or terrifies everyone into his way.

Reactions: 1 user