Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

What I have noticed significantly more than other years is people repeating what has been reported in the media as gospel. At work, I have been told about our 'primadonna' captain sooking about the Hub, the staging and how we should never have been allowed to recruit Tom. It is always word for word from the latest article.

What I have noticed significantly more than other years is people repeating what has been reported in the media as gospel. At work, I have been told about our 'primadonna' captain sooking about the Hub, the staging and how we should never have been allowed to recruit Tom. It is always word for word from the latest article.
Yep Tigers recruiting Lynch is apparently an unfair disgrace. But Lions recruiting Daniher is a credit to their program and fantastic for the game.

Rampant hypocrisy.

• Angry
Reactions: 6 users
Nobody will get suspended this week. The media just want your eyeballs. They want your eyeballs to show their advertisers.

I’d rather have one eye than none. Get your insights from PRE to protect yourself from going blind.

Robbo is an absolute prick. A gutter germ. That tweet is a disgrace but he is such a weasel that he’s now deleted it; won’t even own it the coward. He has also again accused Vlastuin of being a stager in his HUN article this morning. Don’t ever recall him accusing Selwood of staging for frees and exaggerating contact which he does every game.

As much as I’d like a media ban from Richmond I’d love to see Jack call him out on this and defend Nick on 360 this week. Would love to see him squirm. This is gutter journalism at its worst. An absolute disgrace.
I called SEN once when he was on and took him to task Re the Tigers. Was strong not abusive, didn’t swear, nothing.
It was towards the end when he was on SEN where he would take callers to task, rude, call them names etc.

He called me a flog.
I was shocked and replied ‘is that right’? Is that how you talk to people over the phone when they take you to task & challenge you. I hung up.
In my rage I sent a sms into SEN and called him a coherent, mumbling drunk.

That’s when I was banned..

I guess I shouldn’t have reacted like that but it appears he hasn’t learnt a thing in all those years and stil takes pot shots and cowardly attack on players now.

I dislike him so much. Hatred is a strong word but I do hate him.

That’s the background.
Got it off my chest now.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 17 users
Yep Tigers recruiting Lynch is apparently an unfair disgrace. But Lions recruiting Daniher is a credit to their program and fantastic for the game.

Rampant hypocrisy.
Agree Ridley. Robbo was frothing at the mouth about Tom joining us, but thinks it is great for the Lions to attract someone like Daniher. If the Cats get Jeremy Cameron, there will be lots of back slapping and knowing nods all round. All I want from the media is consistency. The outrage over Dylan, Tom, Cotch and Nick at times this year for minor incidents was palpable, yet there are chuckles and 'gee he is a hard man' comments when Dixon, Hawkins and Mummy carry out their 'actions'.

Reactions: 6 users
Good stuff waiting would not lose a wink’s sleep about that. He appears a real grub and a bully as well.

Reactions: 2 users
Love that we are hated.
I hated when we were everyones "2nd team".
Love how we strut, how we destroy clubs and love how we win fair and square and just shut up.
Love how Dimma backs the players up.
People hate us because they want to be us, they hate us because they fear us. They hate the fact that their whipping boy, Cotch, has turned into a two time, soon to be 3 time premiership captain who has a knack of maiming as he launches kamikaze style into packs.
Stuff what they think and stick it up them.
Go Tiges!!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
I called SEN once when he was and took him to task Re the Tigers. Was strong not abusive, didn’t swear, nothing.
It was towards the end when he was on SEN where he would take callers to task, rude, call them names etc.

He called me a flog.
I was shocked and replied ‘is that right’? Is that how you talk to people over the phone when they take you to task & challenge you. I hung up.

I guess I shouldn’t have reacted like that but it appears he hasn’t learnt a thing in all those years and stil takes pot shots and cowardly attack on players now.

That’s the background.
Got it off my chest now.
He is arrogant and obnoxious to readers who write in and phone callers. Brave when writing an article on a player but a coward when players are live with him on a panel.

Robbo is an absolute prick. A gutter germ. That tweet is a disgrace but he is such a weasel that he’s now deleted it; won’t even own it the coward. He has also again accused Vlastuin of being a stager in his HUN article this morning. Don’t ever recall him accusing Selwood of staging for frees and exaggerating contact which he does every game.

As much as I’d like a media ban from Richmond I’d love to see Jack call him out on this and defend Nick on 360 this week. Would love to see him squirm. This is gutter journalism at its worst. An absolute disgrace.
I am not disagreeing with any of that but for the record he did tweet his apologies to Nick Vlastuin

Wow, the media train wreck just rolls on.

Castagna gets his face pushed into the ground and Baker cops one across the face . . . nothing, not a murmur.

The Dusty one where he grabs the ball from Shai was a funny one, both were trying to grab the ball so it wasn't a pass from Shai to Dusty at all.

Cotch's high tackles are a worry, is he a bit frustrated (been a frustrating year) or is he a little off with his tackles. Either way, an inch lower and all will be fine again, it is a fine line at times, especially when players lift their arms to get frees.

The Lynch incident was a joke, He shouldn't really do it but the StKilda player seems to have been the least worried of anyone, he clearly thought there was nothing in it. As usual the amateurs at the AFL were led by the media, can't think for themselves, and went after this incident but none of the others.

Robbo calling Vlastuin a cheat is just the usual disgusting crap we have come to expect from the moronic media.

TBR I have to disagree with the implication of your post - this is not an isolated incident of going well over the line. The claim there are different rules for Dusty is calling him a cheat, the crap about Lynch while players like Dixon elbow a player in the face and get plaudits for his shirt-less body is just more of the media playing favourites and going after those they don't seem to like.

The football media is a disgrace. At the rate they are going someone will successfully sue one of them, and it won't be a day too soon.

Richmond will look petulant if we now refuse to talk to the idiots. Reiwoldt should pull Robbo up on Monday but then dismiss it all as irrelevant crap. But, if we win the flag, we should refuse to talk to any of the idiots who have been having a go at us all year, just freeze them out when we are in a position of strength.

DS

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
I am not disagreeing with any of that but for the record he did tweet his apologies to Nick Vlastuin

Whether he did or didn't apologise is kind of irrelevant. He must understand that tweets from him reach a sizeable group, and he can be the instigator for some of the crap that makes social media a cesspit. He will have inspired many others with that outrageous tweet, calling someone a cheat on the back of some very blurry imagery is the most outrageous thing I think we've had come down on us this year and he should understand that his moral compass as a journo needs to be better than the average Joe on twitter.

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
I called SEN once when he was on and took him to task Re the Tigers. Was strong not abusive, didn’t swear, nothing.

He called me a flog.

That’s the background.
Got it off my chest now.
Well off course you got banned... you called him coherent.... clearly you are insane

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Whether he did or didn't apologise is kind of irrelevant. He must understand that tweets from him reach a sizeable group, and he can be the instigator for some of the crap that makes social media a cesspit. He will have inspired many others with that outrageous tweet, calling someone a cheat on the back of some very blurry imagery is the most outrageous thing I think we've had come down on us this year and he should understand that his moral compass as a journo needs to be better than the average Joe on twitter.

How is he the CHIEF of football for the hearld sun?
Boycott the paper.

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah “apologies Nick poll deleted” doesn’t cut it IMO. Damage done.

Unless there was another apology on top of that that I didn’t see. Regardless as I said damage done.