Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy media , love’m or hate’ m ?

I watch sport's from all around the world.
But i haven't seen a Club get harrassed and criticised so heavily after winning.
I just can't remember a win this year when the conversation after the game was complimentary of the win.

Reactions: 1 user
It used to be one of life's small pleasures to walk down to the newsagents the morning after a win, buy all the papers, and read about the mighty tigers over a big sunday breakfast. They actually wrote about the game!
Maybe because in those wasted years these wins could be few and far between.
Now days, with the shitty standard of "journalism" infesting the AFL media, the click-bait era, and the seeming need to pick over the carcass of the smallest indescretion as if the Son of Sam has let loose, i very rarely read or watch anything about footy in the mainstream media.

Thank goodness for the Mongrel Punt.

Reactions: 14 users
I would love the club to put a ban on all media appearances and interviews and also ask the players to not post on social media or read any news reporting until at least after the prelim next week.
I’ve said a few times.
Media ban.
Gale & Balme the only people to speak.
No media for Damien as they will try and get a response and he may say something that will be carried on for days.

Reactions: 2 users
Decided after last week's game to slap a ban on watching, listening, reading anything until the ball was bounced lastnight. ...
Feel like I got half me brain back!
Nick and Lynch is all they'll bang on about til the prelim, so I'm going again for the other half!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
It used to be one of life's small pleasures to walk down to the newsagents the morning after a win, buy all the papers, and read about the mighty tigers over a big sunday breakfast. They actually wrote about the game!
Now days, with the shitty standard of "journalism" infesting the AFL media, the click-bait era, and the seeming need to pick over the carcass of the smallest indescretion as if the Son of Sam has let loose, i very rarely read or watch anything about footy in the mainstream media.

Well said Larabee.
Those were the days.
Use to love the enjoyment when we won an unexpected game , to get up Sunday morning and read the fantastic write ups those days was worth those wins which were rare during our dark times.
Seasons 95 , 01 were great journalism.
Now, we have said it till we are ‘ blue in the face’ it’s just terrible
journalism. These aren’t journos.

They are just ‘master of who can get the most click baits and reactions’.

Reactions: 3 users
Robbo is an absolute prick. A gutter germ. That tweet is a disgrace but he is such a weasel that he’s now deleted it; won’t even own it the coward. He has also again accused Vlastuin of being a stager in his HUN article this morning. Don’t ever recall him accusing Selwood of staging for frees and exaggerating contact which he does every game.

As much as I’d like a media ban from Richmond I’d love to see Jack call him out on this and defend Nick on 360 this week. Would love to see him squirm. This is gutter journalism at its worst. An absolute disgrace.

Reactions: 9 users
Brilliant review of a Semi-Final by Jake Niall in The Age.

18 paragraphs, and every one of those 18 paragraphs mentions Tom.

My Dad said that years ago. Wondered when they’d start writing about the game again, instead of all the rubbish floating around it. That was in 2005.

And another article on how Dusty gets away with his own rules.
This one is getting to me too. Nothing to do with Dusty, if they wanted to pay incorrect disposal it would be against Shai.
players on the ground take the ball out of hands all the time, its almost a rugby maul these days, never gets paid.

Reactions: 1 users
The media pile-on and bias is astounding, totally expected but still astounding.

Four articles on the biggest major news site this morning and all of them focusing on negative stories for richmond:
1) the vlaustin point which wasnt overturned, called a umpire howler
2) article titled a lovefest for dusty and him having his own set of rules, totally a nothing article
3) cotchys tackle which they r saying deserves a week
4) Lynchs knee which they want him hung for

All stories using posting selective tweets from disgruntled and often high profile saints fans.

But absolutely NOTHING on the Butler non goal which clearly was after the siren.

Just astounding the quality of mainstream media jizznalism.

Reactions: 4 users
Cornes on SEN said we have become unlikable and unwatchable ,

I bet TV ratings dont back that up :)

Then when previewing tonights game said he hopes Selwood is back to his his fiery niggly best

• Angry
Cornes on SEN said we have become unlikable and unwatchable ,

I bet TV ratings dont back that up :)

Then when previewing tonights game said he hopes Selwood is back to his his fiery niggly best
Got to agree with ol Kaneo, watching Shais goals, Lynch playing like a dominat key forward, Nank slaughtering the opposition in the ruck, back half keeping the next superstar goalless , our mids been to classy and tough for them , yep I’d think it’s unlikable and unwatchable for a Port supporter, fear what’s coming

Reactions: 6 users
I was defending the media's right to discuss footy issues yesterday but that is a perfect example of crossing the line and is a disgrace.

Agreed Robbo way over the line with that tweet.

Just commented on it in the game day thread, but the ARC "Technology" is just not good enough. No-one talking about it tday, its apparently a howler because the media could see a clear gap between hand and the ball with an image where the ball looked like it had been drawn by a 2 year old. You cannot have a system like that and say its any use. The definition levels of those cameras is *smile* poor and should be the thing being called out by the media, not the Vlastuin had the audacity to claim he touched in when the cameras from 1980 couldn't show that there was a gap.

I'll say it again,. AFL if you want your "ARC technology" then INVEST THE MONEY.

Reactions: 3 users