Dylan Grimes JDM | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dylan Grimes JDM

No.2 in the pre season draft.
What a great picks up.
We also need to send some Thanks to Melbourne for their 2009 drafting.

Scully (1 - National draft) and Trengrove (2) before Dustin Martin (3)
Joel MacDonald (1 - pre-season draft) before Dylan Grimes (2)

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 17 users
My favourite player of the last decade. Genuine gun. Spoke softly and carried a big stick.

Reactions: 14 users
What a legend and one of the last of them left I reckon. Totally loyal to his task and to the club. Deserved the extra year as a payback for all the sacrifices he made for the club.

Reactions: 10 users
One of the greats. Glad he’s made this decision now, though. Was a true warrior for our club. Probably won’t get the recognition he deserves outside of the Tigers.

Knew it was coming but a very sad day nevertheless.
Richmond Immortal and encompassed everything I love about the Richmond Football Club.
Enjoy retirement champ

Reactions: 8 users
Loved how he could cover both smalls and talls. The type of player you put his name on the board and you know that job is done.

the master of the last line save

may his retirement be rewarding and fruitful

Motor bike man, no more lying in a foetal position sucking your thumb and thinking about the mighty number 2 from Tigerland!

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
A general memory of him turning defence into attack - time after time and game after game

There were contests he had no right to get to but his speed and guts got him there for the late spoil or courageous mark - and all of a sudden we’d have the ball coming back our way.

Thanks Dylan for everything

Reactions: 5 users
Everyone has described him so well. Richmond champion and legend who's role in the 3 flags can never be under-estimated.
Thanks Dylan; loved seeing you play and continually defy expectations.
May your winery and other interests flourish in a well-earned retirement.

Reactions: 7 users
Thanks for everything Grimesy. The start of your career didn’t look promising with all the hamstring injuries.
But defied all! Got your body sorted and turned your whole career around. A major cog in all the success that came our way.
Hardly got the recognition that was fully deserved from outside the club and the media.
It’s when your opponents hold you in such high regard you know your true worth. As do your teammates, coaches and supporters.

Well played Grimesy, you never left anything in the tank. Now it’s time to rest the body and enjoy whatever the future brings.

Reactions: 5 users
Just another Triple premiership tiger champion.

Thanks Grimesy.

• Love
the sort of defender every club needs
all the best to Dylan Grimes
may his grapevines flourish

Reactions: 4 users
Some more musings post Dylan's news.

Down to 7 (Drought breaking) Premiership Tigers.😢

FlossTone.
Meatball.
The Prince.