Dylan Grimes JDM | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dylan Grimes JDM

About the only time doing a hamstring would result in something great

Reactions: 4 users
I recall a home game against Sydney where Grimes & Rance both announced themselves in my eyes as not only stoppers but attacking weapons to be reckoned with. The rest is obviously history from there.

His leadership as well as his performance seemed to lift when Rance did his knee. A battering ram who would always make opponents earn every disposal (knees and elbows included). Thanks Dylan for all the fond memories.

Some more musings post Dylan's news.

Down to 7 (Drought breaking) Premiership Tigers.šŸ˜¢

FlossTone.
Meatball.
The Prince.
Nankenstein.
Pinjarra/Kapsy/Flappers/KMac/Grover.
Fridge.
Boobsy.
And only 5 of them are triple Premiership heroes. I can fondly remember that game against West Coast late in 2019 where Grimes was injured, but stayed on and was big part of why we won that day. It was reminiscent of the great St Francis Bourke.

You should be very proud Dylan, a deadset Richmond man, you gave everything every time you played. Could luck with your future endeavours.
Edit

Dylan thanks for putting your body on the line for the club and your teammates. I hope that you get your back sorted, and that it doesn't give you any problems for the rest of your life.

Reactions: 7 users
And only 5 of them are triple Premiership heroes. I can fondly remember that game against West Coast late in 2019 where Grimes was injured, but stayed on and was big part of why we won that day. It was reminiscent of the great St Francis Bourke.
Yes. In the rain.
Sir Jackmond kicked the winning Goal!
Good days.

Thank you Dylan.A true Richmond man.Wouldn't be out of place sitting next to Sir Francis.

Reactions: 8 users
Didnā€™t realise he has 4 kids. 2 boys and 2 girls.
Happy to see heā€™s done his part for future Tiger players.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

"You've gotta be a great club before you can be a great team. And to be a great club you've gotta have great people, and this place is blessed with some of the best there is."

Yeah, but you all keep leaving, Dyl!

One of the best Richmond men and another retirement speech up there with DTLD, Shedda and Lambo.

Another non-negotiable quality for Toce in November: kicking, competitiveness, toe, character.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Dylan will always be remembered for being an integral part of the finest defence partnership of the century with Astbury, Rance and Vlastuin. A joy to watch how they gelled and worked so well together. He was above all, a loyal club man who gave his all to the club and his team mates. I am sure his future will be as successful and happy as his football career was such is his character.
Thanks for everything Dylan

Reactions: 8 users
Dylan will always be remembered for being an integral part of the finest defence partnership of the century with Astbury, Rance and Vlastuin. A joy to watch how they gelled and worked so well together. He was above all, a loyal club man who gave his all to the club and his team mates. I am sure his future will be as successful and happy as his football career was such is his character.
Thanks for everything Dylan
Need to add Broad to that group. He became an integral part of the defence.

Reactions: 6 users
Need to add Broad to that group. He became an integral part of the defence.
The four I mentioned seemed to be the core group of our defence but have to admit my Broady put more than a shift in during those halcyon days of 2017. I could also have mentioned Houli as well such was the riches in our defence at that time

Reactions: 2 users
One of my absolute favourite Tigers of all time !!

Love Gtimesy!!

Gun.

Thank You for everything Dylan !!

Cheers and enjoy your retirement.

Forever a Tiger Hero !!

IMG_9827.jpeg

IMG_9826.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users