Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

He's a terrific cricketer and has already represented Australia in T20s and one ODI. Unfortunately for him, he's stuck behind Marsh and Green in the all-rounder role. He could end up the Stuey MacGill to Green's Warne.
Yep a terrific cricketer indeed.
I've kept a close eye on him ever since I watched him get Joe Root out in a tour match at the Waca. Pitched it up and swung it, might've been his debut for Wa, he was probably 17 or 18.
Opened the bowling for Wa against the Vic's in a shield final a couple of years, took 3 wickets and scored 170 odd.
Green has been a disappointment, Hardie should be ahead of him now.

Reactions: 1 users
David Warner does the hard yards again, and tosses it away to a pie chucker last over before lunch.

Never really looked comfortable.

Interestingly, he became the second highest run scorer for Australia in all international forms of the game combined. He overtook Steve Waugh for second spot on the list.

But let's not get excited.

Ponting still has a handy nearly 9000 run lead at the top of the list.

Never really looked comfortable.

Interestingly, he became the second highest run scorer for Australia in all international forms of the game combined. He overtook Steve Waugh for second spot on the list.

But let's not get excited.

Ponting still has a handy nearly 9000 run lead at the top of the list.
Never looked settled, very fidgety. But a dumb shot to play last over before lunch.

Pakistan probably 6 or 7 for if they had batted, with the shape early.

Reactions: 1 user
Not sure if this stat is true, but amazing if it is.....

Usman Khawaja has now faced more Test deliveries this year than South Africa.

Most likely true, given that SA only played 3 tests in 2023 so far (calendar year), with their next one starting today.

Australia over the same period has played 11 tests, including today's match.

Never looked settled, very fidgety. But a dumb shot to play last over before lunch.

Pakistan probably 6 or 7 for if they had batted, with the shape early.

Yep, totally unnecessary.

I am glad we batted first. Agree that I think that Pakistan would have been in a lot of trouble with the early ball movement at the pace of our attack.

Big innings here for Labuschagne.

I have been critical of him as a No.3. The hard work has been done, but a big knock from him seals the deal for the Australians.

Apart from rainwater at the G..... flicked it back on to see a couple of bathwater guzzlers licking each other... Mark Howard and "the experiment".... Mason Cox. Can't they just STFU!

Haven't seen any of our batsmen look comfortable all day. Half an ounce of luck and I reckon they could almost have run through the side today with the amount of movement and uneven bounce.
Warner coulda, shoulda, woulda been out for 2 if the schmendrick in slips hadn't dropped his lolly pop. Been all hard graft for the bats today, if we get to 300 tomorrow it'll have been a very good first innings on a green uneven pitch n slow outfield.
More damp n sweaty expected for the next couple of days so as long as we don't bowl stupid n try to blast Pakistan out our bowlers should be near unplayable when they get to have a crack.

Carey out cheaply again, his last 10 test innings 20, 22, 21, 8, 5, 20, 10, 28, 34 & 4 @ an average of 17, not good enough, time for a change.

Reactions: 1 users
Carey out cheaply again, his last 10 test innings 20, 22, 21, 8, 5, 20, 10, 28, 34 & 4 @ an average of 17, not good enough, time for a change.
Was about to post similar, since his ton exactly 12 months ago he’s scored:36, 10, 0, 7, 3, 0, 48, 66*, 66, 20, 22, 21, 8, 5, 20, 10, 28, 38, 4 @ 22. Test cricket has evolved from having your number 7 keeper bat averaging 22. Your number 7 keeper needs to be an extra batter.

Reactions: 1 user