Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

Just read that India are planning a second IPL in October, this one being a T10 version.

Just read that India are planning a second IPL in October, this one being a T10 version.
I cant wait til they get to the ultimate- O1.
One v one. one ball each. most runs wins.
could play a whole tournament on 1 day. Oz Open tennis style knockout.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Add Matthew Hayden, Justin Langer, there's not much relief.
I know it’s not for everyone but commentary on Foxtel is so much better than Ch7. Brayshaw , Hayden and Langer......spare me.

Reactions: 2 users
The money paid for Starc in the IPL is insane. $4.42m for 2 months!
Gets over $13k per ball bowled. Certainly insane money for a game of hit n giggle with flashing lights n pop music where no-one remembers who played where or when 30 seconds after the game finishes n the champion team is forgotten after 24 hours.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
I know it’s not for everyone but commentary on Foxtel is so much better than Ch7. Brayshaw , Hayden and Langer......spare me.
Agree, Damien Fleming is the only good commentator on Ch7, he leaves the rest of them for dead.

IMG_0318.jpeg

Geez the narrative quickly changes after 1 good innings.

• Sad
Agree, Damien Fleming is the only good commentator on Ch7, he leaves the rest of them for dead.
Fleming is a very good commentator. He also hosts the Boxing Day breakfast at the MCC and does a great job of that too. I’ve been fortunate to have attended a few. Always mentions how Warnie dropped his hat trick ball in Adelaide.....would have been his second Test Match hat trick. Very amusing man.

Fleming is a very good commentator. He also hosts the Boxing Day breakfast at the MCC and does a great job of that too. I’ve been fortunate to have attended a few. Always mentions how Warnie dropped his hat trick ball in Adelaide.....would have been his second Test Match hat trick. Very amusing man.
I was at that test match, I did all days of the Perth, Adelaide and the MCG tests.
McGrath bowling to Tendulkar at Adelaide in India's 1st innings was the most absorbing battle between a fast bowler and a batsmen I think that I've ever seen. It was sensational test cricket, McGrath must've bowled a dozen or more maidens.

I'll never forget India's 2nd innings, McGrath bowled a short pitched ball to Tendulkar who tried to duck under it. The ball kept low, or at least a lot lower than Tendulkar expected, the ball hit him on the arm and he was given out LBW, I've never seen the like.
Them were the days.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Hayden and Langer......spare me.
Heard Hayden interviewed on the radio a few days ago... shìt, can he waffle on! Him and Langer are made for each other.
Channel 7 are still hiring blokes so much like this one!

As for Brayshaw.....he makes my ears bleed!

• Haha
I was at that test match, I did all days of the Perth, Adelaide and the MCG tests.
McGrath bowling to Tendulkar at Adelaide in India's 1st innings was the most absorbing battle between a fast bowler and a batsmen I think that I've ever seen. It was sensational test cricket, McGrath must've bowled a dozen or more maidens.

I'll never forget India's 2nd innings, McGrath bowled a short pitched ball to Tendulkar who tried to duck under it. The ball kept low, or at least a lot lower than Tendulkar expected, the ball hit him on the arm and he was given out LBW, I've never seen the like.
Them were the days.

I was living in India during that series. Fair to say they weren't happy about that decision.

Report here big financial loss for Test at Optus. Maybe people are tightening the belts as mortgage rates bite into the budget or cricket is losing it due to Yes stand.

From my minority perspective, the WACA has disenfranchised a lot of the hard core test fans over the years. I do not speak for everyone obviously, but if my experience is an indication, then I understand why.

Amateurish is being positive!

Finch has been in a good paddock, looks like he's spent his time since retiring from international cricket eating.

I wonder how long before this bloke gets seriously considered for higher owners. Averages 43 with the bat and 27 with the ball in First Class cricket.

He's a terrific cricketer and has already represented Australia in T20s and one ODI. Unfortunately for him, he's stuck behind Marsh and Green in the all-rounder role. He could end up the Stuey MacGill to Green's Warne.