Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

Nice stumping by Carey to end the Pakistani innings. Stumpings again remind me of the stupidity of the English argument when Carey stumped Bairstow. On any stumping the batsman isn't attempting a run, they're just out of their crease. Bad luck.

Reactions: 2 users
Captivating!
If only they could hold catches. We want to see cricket at its best

Horrible by Smith.... I know his ego won't allow it, but he should join his mate and pull the pin in Sydney.... he ain't setting the world on fire and frankly, hasn't for a very long time imo!

• Dislike
Reactions: 3 users
I'm glad Warner has silenced his critics.

Become my most disliked cricketer. Cheat and a flat track bully.

Fascinating days cricket, every time someone looked like getting on top and into a dominant position there was another twist n tweak to throw a spanner in the works.
Reckon now that both Marsh n Smith have gone out we need a decent tail wag to put the game out of Pakistan's reach. 300 is the minimum lead we'll need n 350 would look a lot more comfortable.
If Pakistan batters are willing to put the head down n arse up, work hard they can keep us under the pump all day tomorrow. If they have one of their fragile brain farts they'll be lucky to make 200.
Doesn't seem much in the way of gremlins or deterioration in the wicket, it's mostly been a bit of damp n humidity that's provided the movement so far. 4th day pitch should be fairly sedate tomorrow.

Horrible by Smith.... I know his ego won't allow it, but he should join his mate and pull the pin in Sydney.... he ain't setting the world on fire and frankly, hasn't for a very long time imo!
Don’t know what is wrong with Smith. I watched the last hour or so and he couldn’t score.
It’s almost as if he is trying so hard to not get out that he has forgotten that he has to score as well.

Reactions: 1 user
A great days cricket, good tough test cricket. I thought Marsh was fantastic as it's not the easiest of wickets to bat on. Credit to Pakistan too, they bowled very well.

Kudos to the Pakistanis, they have shown an ability to fight back a number of times in this test. Just need some more consistency. Also lost some players on this tour so fighting on well.

If everything dries out a bit and we lose the humidity they're a chance, could be an exciting end to what has been an intriguing test.

DS

Reactions: 1 users
If only that guy at first slip could actually hold his chances. That catch he dropped today (Marsh) when Australia were 4/46 is probably going to cost them this match.

Not sure why they are persisting with him at first slip. His catching technique is very poor for a slip. Comes up way too early, doesn't ever seem to have his hands in position, and is always moving around as the ball comes to him. Way too much movement.

BTW, how was the cover drive of Marsh when he was on 45. As good a shot as I have seen in test cricket this year. Just superb.

And what a catch to get him out. Absolute ripper.

If only that guy at first slip could actually hold his chances. That catch he dropped today (Marsh) when Australia were 4/46 is probably going to cost them this match.

Not sure why they are persisting with him at first slip. His catching technique is very poor for a slip. Comes up way too early, doesn't ever seem to have his hands in position, and is always moving around as the ball comes to him. Way too much movement.
Think they moved him a little later on.
Horse had bolted though.
Cost them the match and so a shot at the series. 1 all going to the SCG wouldve been a cracker.
Still its been a good day of cricket and a fascinating test

Very good chance that schmendrick at first slip was a match winner for us. Poor bastard is having an absolute mare of a series, unlike his mate that took the catch when Bison was on 96.

Don’t know what is wrong with Smith. I watched the last hour or so and he couldn’t score.
It’s almost as if he is trying so hard to not get out that he has forgotten that he has to score as well.

What ridiculously poor takes.

He might not be the free scoring player he was in his prime but is Still averaging over 50 for the past 3 years.

We have no-one in the wings that could come in and do that.

This is a very difficult pitch to bat on. Without Smudge knuckling down yesterday and valuing his wicket we likely get rolled.

An extremely underrated innings it seems that has been overlooked - it seems just because he scored slowly.

Champion, who is one of the most important, best performing and irreplaceable players in this team.

Poor takes.

Reactions: 4 users
It was a particularly good innings by Smith.
Especially considering we were in a very tight situation at 4 for 16 when Bison came in, without both players knuckling down the way they did we'd be looking at possibly only having a very small lead.
The Pakistanis were bowling very well.
Great job by both batsmen imo.

What ridiculously poor takes.

He might not be the free scoring player he was in his prime but is Still averaging over 50 for the past 3 years.

We have no-one in the wings that could come in and do that.

This is a very difficult pitch to bat on. Without Smudge knuckling down yesterday and valuing his wicket we likely get rolled.

An extremely underrated innings it seems that has been overlooked - it seems just because he scored slowly.

Champion, who is one of the most important, best performing and irreplaceable players in this team.

Poor takes.
Not a great post Leysy. The hyperbole is not justified.
Smith had plenty of opportunities to score. Not blazing cuts or drives but he couldn’t hit the ball off the square and when he did he continually just hit the ball the fielders when he should have been looking for singles. There was no scoring intent.
He has no fluency at the moment and his reactions to getting out show a player who is too intent on not getting out rather than gathering runs with nudges and pushes that he used to be so good at.
It’s an opinion and doesn’t deserve a statement such as “ridiculous”. Happy to hear your opinion do you want I give it without the denigration of views.
He played an important role supporting Marsh but as soon as he got out Smith had an out of form partner and he looked to me that he just stopped looking for runs. He was 49 off 142 when Marsh was out, 1 run in his last 34 balls after that.

Last edited: