Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

You’d take 487 every day, I get that, but I think Straya left a lot of runs out there, went from 5/411 and Carey and Marsh looking great to all out 487 (losing 5/76)

Reactions: 1 users
I know there are some ex-pats out there, perhaps not living in such a cricketing waste-land as I am (Denmark), but I'm curious to know how folks not living in Australia are streaming the Australian Tests this summer. It gets harder and harder each year. There was a time when Cricket Australia provided the service themselves. But now they outsource it and it gets more difficult each year. This season for the first time I have to resort to VPN, which works (quite well actually), but is less flexible in terms of how you can watch it. I'm not looking for a freebie here, quite happy to pay, but now there is just no service. It's OK if India are involved because there is a service (YuppTV) whose reason for existing appears to be to provide all sorts of Indian content for Indian ex-pats in Europe - that's how I watched the World Cup and it was perfect.
I sent Cricket Australia an email asking how I could legally stream the Australian Tests this summer on the European continent and haven't even got a reply - and that was more than two weeks ago.
I simply can't believe in this day and age that it is not possible to do this. There is no competitive rights issue here - if there was I guess there would be a service - and it really should be just a matter of flicking a switch. Don't they want to promote the sport? Test cricket that no-one else wanted used to find its way on to ICC.tv for a nominal fee but even that option seems to have vanished.

If you watched the World Cup of Indian channels how about these options -

"Every ball of the Australia versus Pakistan series is being live streamed for free via the Hotstar mobile app (iOSand Android) in India.

However, if you want to tune in on a larger screen, you'll need to pay for a Disney Star subscription. Matches will be shown live on Star Sports channels.

Ready to cut the cord? Expect to pay around Rs 1,499 per month for Disney Star's all-access content plan.

If you already subscribe to one of those services but are outside of India right now, you can simply choose one of the best VPN services such as ExpressVPN to follow India's tour of South Africa wherever you are are. Anyone outside of India who wants to watch their home cricket coverage can just pick up a good VPN and follow the instructions above to safely live stream the action."

2. https://www.eurosport.com/cricket/c...orts-what-is-discovery_sto9669148/story.shtml

If you watched the World Cup of Indian channels how about these options -

"Every ball of the Australia versus Pakistan series is being live streamed for free via the Hotstar mobile app (iOSand Android) in India.

However, if you want to tune in on a larger screen, you'll need to pay for a Disney Star subscription. Matches will be shown live on Star Sports channels.

Ready to cut the cord? Expect to pay around Rs 1,499 per month for Disney Star's all-access content plan.

If you already subscribe to one of those services but are outside of India right now, you can simply choose one of the best VPN services such as ExpressVPN to follow India's tour of South Africa wherever you are are. Anyone outside of India who wants to watch their home cricket coverage can just pick up a good VPN and follow the instructions above to safely live stream the action."

2. https://www.eurosport.com/cricket/c...orts-what-is-discovery_sto9669148/story.shtml
I watched the World Cup on YuppTV which is a streaming service for ex-pat Indians on the European continent - no VPN required. I am watching the Australian Tests on KAYO with a VPN. It works very well. I would just prefer to be able to do it without VPN.

Reactions: 1 user
Pitches like this ruin Test cricket.

Two days of boring cricket.

But at least Warner silenced his critics.... Eeew I feel dirty for even joking that.
Listening to ch7 commentary team when Warner was batting on Thursday, they couldn’t stop talking about his 25 test centuries, his transition from a white ball player to red ball player, his strike rate. All very valid points but what Johnson and others were talking about was his test form over the last 2 years. And his home town, flat track bully form (ave 59.58 in Australia v 31 away)

There was always a fair chance Warner would do well in a) Australia and b) v Pakistan (ave 88). After all, apart from 2 tons in Bangladesh, he’s made all of his tons in Australia over the past near decade.

When the screen shot came on screen of Warners overall test ave (44) against his 2022 (25) and 2023 (30) the commentators focussed on his overall ave of 44 saying how can you drop a guy who averages 44 (seemingly not understanding the difference between career average and more recent average)

30, 3, 0, 0, 68, 36, 7, 7, 51, 25, 10*, 5, 24, 5, 48, 21, 28, 0, 3, 200, 10, 1, 10, 15, 43,1, 9, 36, 66, 25, 4, 1, 32, 28, 24, 60, 164 , 1090 runs @ 30 since January ‘22. Take out 2 scores of the above listed scores and he’s averaging 21.

Reactions: 3 users
Looks a good pitch to me. Plenty of pace and bounce, a good covering of grass and the possibility of cracks opening up as the game goes on. Not one of those dead tracks the Poms turned out. If Pakistan had bowled better and taken their chances Australia might have made 300-350 which is the perfect set-up for a close game.

Listening to ch7 commentary team when Warner was batting on Thursday, they couldn’t stop talking about his 25 test centuries, his transition from a white ball player to red ball player, his strike rate. All very valid points but what Johnson and others were talking about was his test form over the last 2 years. And his home town, flat track bully form (ave 59.58 in Australia v 31 away)
Should have heard that painful NSW barracker Jim Maxwell on the ABC.

There was always a fair chance Warner would do well in a) Australia and b) v Pakistan (ave 88). After all, apart from 2 tons in Bangladesh, he’s made all of his tons in Australia over the past near decade.

When the screen shot came on screen of Warners overall test ave (44) against his 2022 (25) and 2023 (30) the commentators focussed on his overall ave of 44 saying how can you drop a guy who averages 44 (seemingly not understanding the difference between career average and more recent average)

30, 3, 0, 0, 68, 36, 7, 7, 51, 25, 10*, 5, 24, 5, 48, 21, 28, 0, 3, 200, 10, 1, 10, 15, 43,1, 9, 36, 66, 25, 4, 1, 32, 28, 24, 60, 164 , 1090 runs @ 30 since January ‘22. Take out 2 scores of the above listed scores and he’s averaging 21.
The pitches we create dont help our batsmen when it comes to touring thats for sure!

I just cant wait for the Warner era to be over. A cheat and a twat and a decent batsmen in between.

Correct. Johnson was right about not picking Warner on form.

If you only concentrate on career averages then you couldn’t pick Marsh with a career average of 28 in test cricket. Then again the Pakistan Captain averages 29.

I clicked the cricket on yesterday for some chill-out after a hectic day…
turned the sound off after 2 minutes… why?
because James Bradshaw was in the commentary box …

Reactions: 2 users
Why is Lyon often tagged with 'GOAT' when he was more a maligned player? Surely can't beat Warnie as the real GOAT?

I clicked the cricket on yesterday for some chill-out after a hectic day…
turned the sound off after 2 minutes… why?
because James Bradshaw was in the commentary box …
Add Matthew Hayden, Justin Langer, there's not much relief.

The worst part of continuing to pick Warner was that home series v Pakistan and West Indies were a golden opportunity to find a replacement. If it had been England or India I could have worn it.

Reactions: 2 users