Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

The Stars need to go cap in hand to McGuire and beg him to come back as president, they were sh!t when he was there, but they're worse now:ROFLMAO:

The Stars need to go cap in hand to McGuire and beg him to come back as president, they were sh!t when he was there, but they're worse now:ROFLMAO:
I'm not a BBL fan, but with 2 men's teams, and 2 women's teams, the only games Melbourne teams have a chance of winning are against each other. Why?

While we're there, how about the Sydney Sixers and Melb Renegades distinguish better colours in their tops? Same with Heat and Strikers. Color clash crazy.

The Vic teams lost their way once Vic cricket took over both the franchise rather than them be individually managed and run.

The Stars have basically become the Washington Generals

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I can’t see the test on 7 Plus

Does anyone know if it’s Kayo only?
Just so you know for future reference... 7 aren't allowed to stream it via 7+. Only have the rights on FTA.
New deal begins mid next year according to attached.
The great thing about that is we can watch 15 year old Border Force episodes for 9 or 10 hours straight.... highlight of me summer 🙄

I thought Pakistan's biggest issue would be bowling, apart from Afridi, they're park cricket bowlers.
Australia could make 1000.
Ussie & Marnus would be spewing.

Last edited:
Justin Langer's got me perplexed. So hard to listen to. I can't work out what's going on:

1. is he just so well connected, so ensconced in the in-crowd, and with good reason, that they are going to give him a gig regardless of media ability?
2. are they following the Kane Cornes, Kyle Sandilands model of annoying gets a reaction, and any reaction is good?
3. do most people think he's fine and its not him its me?

got me buggered.

Reactions: 1 users
Justin Langer's got me perplexed. So hard to listen to. I can't work out what's going on:

1. is he just so well connected, so ensconced in the in-crowd, and with good reason, that they are going to give him a gig regardless of media ability?
2. are they following the Kane Cornes, Kyle Sandilands model of annoying gets a reaction, and any reaction is good?

got me buggered.
1. It's not just you. Is he worse than Micheal Clarke?

I know there are some ex-pats out there, perhaps not living in such a cricketing waste-land as I am (Denmark), but I'm curious to know how folks not living in Australia are streaming the Australian Tests this summer. It gets harder and harder each year. There was a time when Cricket Australia provided the service themselves. But now they outsource it and it gets more difficult each year. This season for the first time I have to resort to VPN, which works (quite well actually), but is less flexible in terms of how you can watch it. I'm not looking for a freebie here, quite happy to pay, but now there is just no service. It's OK if India are involved because there is a service (YuppTV) whose reason for existing appears to be to provide all sorts of Indian content for Indian ex-pats in Europe - that's how I watched the World Cup and it was perfect.
I sent Cricket Australia an email asking how I could legally stream the Australian Tests this summer on the European continent and haven't even got a reply - and that was more than two weeks ago.
I simply can't believe in this day and age that it is not possible to do this. There is no competitive rights issue here - if there was I guess there would be a service - and it really should be just a matter of flicking a switch. Don't they want to promote the sport? Test cricket that no-one else wanted used to find its way on to ICC.tv for a nominal fee but even that option seems to have vanished.

Reactions: 3 users

got me buggered.

Its definitely 1, same with AFL on 7 its all about who you know and who you were. They never employ commentators on the basis of actual talent as a commentator.

Reactions: 1 user