Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

It's getting quieter in India....besides a middle order slump, the Pommies are doing well to keep India at 4.5 runs per over.

It's getting quieter in India....besides a middle order slump, the Pommies are doing well to keep India at 4.5 runs per over.

As I was watching it, I was thinking, this is all setup for a massive England collapse. Fell asleep on the couch right towards the end of the Indian innings. Woke up and it was like 4-50. Then saw that ball turn for Buttler and it was 5-52 and I was like, seems like bed is calling haha. Surprised we scored as many runs as we did really.

Awful world cup for England.

Reactions: 1 user
hahahahahahahahahahahahahah
The countries competing in the 2025 Champions Trophy are selected from the Top 8 placegetters in this tournament. England a real chance of missing out. How embarrassment!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
The countries competing in the 2025 Champions Trophy are selected from the Top 8 placegetters in this tournament. England a real chance of missing out. How embarrassment!
Windies will handover the baton.

Believe we're playing the Poms this weekend. What odds we turn the toes up n get pumped by the Poms on their way out the door? Now that's what I would call embarrassment.

Believe we're playing the Poms this weekend. What odds we turn the toes up n get pumped by the Poms on their way out the door? Now that's what I would call embarrassment.
Turn our toes up to the Poms? No chance. First meeting since the Ashes, Fat Boy Bairstow mouthing off...our lads will want to humiliate them on Sat night. TBH, pump the Poms and I really don't care what happens in the tournament after that.

Reactions: 1 users
Pommies have to win this for any chance to make top 4......and so far, there's a chance.....

Once again Australia fail to bat out the allotted balls - only a couple of balls but it's more than the batsmen are making starts/fair scores but not sticking around to really capitalise on the final overs where the fielding team can really be put under pressure.

Starc has really disappointed; such underwhelming efforts with the bat. At times he has looked as if he could have turned into an all-rounder with some impressive efforts with the bat at test level. But tonight Zampa mad him look like a chump. Very weak and ineffective whereas Zamps almost made up for several batsmen throwing their innings away. Cummins is a very limited batsman too. But Hazlewood is little value at all. Imagine if we played Neser instead - we'd have another all-rounder coming in before Cummins and probably not lose that much in bowling but a better fielder too. Neser is a hitter too; can really sore if he gets going.

Sure we were unfortunate to lose Maxie then Marsh this match - of all opponents the Poms! The ones I'd want to see us deal pout a belting to most of all. But the Aussie tail just does not wag enough and the batsmen are just not sticking around long enough and really consolidating some fair starts/innings.

But can the Poms get 287 on this wicket? Can Starc not give away too many runs? Might be a fairly even contest.

Starc gets Bairstow first ball!!! Beautiful. See ya later Jonny - try shutting your big mouth for a while now.

Reactions: 2 users